It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mofo-ing Dark Ages

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Did you know that the dark ages, a period of time lasting 800 years, was a time where those bible crazed church folk declared any and all science a heracy, and under penalty of
you were not allowed to study anything that went against the Divine creation story!

800 YEARS PEOPLE! thats nearly a 1000. This means that if it werent for the dark ages we'd probably have antigravity, be living in space, travelling the cosmos, have 800 years better ACTUAL understanding of how we came to be.

Ok....granted perhaps we were created by some higher power, but its undeniable that if that is the this higher power did create us he also created science, so instead of arguing which is true and which is false, they could probably both be true!

Anyway this really peeved me off that I could be living on planet nog, sipping blarthog tea in my hoverboat if it werent for the religious obsessed people.:bnghd::bnghd::bnghd:

[edit on 11-11-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
In fact, there's a number of studies that show "nations under god" (any god. Or gods) always advance more slowly than secular nations. When religion controls what your science can discover, progress always slows to a crawl.

America is currently losing its stance as the leader in science. If we continue the march towards a theocratic state, we'll be as backwards as the worst of the Islamic countries are within a hundred years.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow88
800 YEARS PEOPLE! thats nearly a 1000.

This might be the greatest sentence ever typed in to a thread here at ATS!

It might very well become my signature at some point.

Peace

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Where are our predicted flying cars? They are behind schedule.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I know what you mean, it's 2005 and I still can't download a cheeseburger, it's a disgrace.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The Dark Ages started with the fall of the Roman Empire, then Christian, to the heathen Germanic tribes. So you can't really blame Christianity for it.

Originally posted by Indellkoffer
America is currently losing its stance as the leader in science. If we continue the march towards a theocratic state, we'll be as backwards as the worst of the Islamic countries are within a hundred years.

The U.S. has steadily become more secular as it has begun slipping in its dominance established after WWII.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Religion even today drastically slows and challenges modern science.

They fight against potentially life saving sciences that could help save infinite lives. Stem cell research for example. After all, God APPARENTLY gave us free will so we can make our own choices, and also APPARENTLY "gave" us self awareness and intelligence. Intelligence that has developed so far that we are able to improve upon ourselves. But OH NO! we cant mess with gods work, the work that he has left to develop on itsown, make itsown mistakes, etc. Damn contradictory religion

top topics

join