posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 07:46 AM
after rememberance day today i thought it was time to bring this up
"On Sunday, November 14, the last "Remembrance Day" services of the century were held across Europe to remember the dead of two World Wars. On the
day before the official commemoration in London, the capital hosted a much smaller unofficial ceremony to honour those shot for “cowardice” and
"Saturday's ceremony was only the second year that campaigners for the executed have been officially allowed to commemorate their dead. The public
address system was turned off, however. Campaigner John Hipkin, 73, said that the Home Office had informed them it would turn off all microphones and
loud speakers at the Cenotaph because "they did not know what we were going to say in advance".
i think that this is disgusting..only the second year that these campaigners were ALLOWED to commemorate the dead..its time the british military and
government pardoned these young men
and a final quote..just for posterity
The Blair government is resisting appeals for a “Millennium Pardon” for the 306 men. The army also seems unlikely to change its position. Earlier
this year the Ministry of Defence sent a reply to “Shot At Dawn” campaigner John Hipkin on the question of the under-age soldiers that had been
executed. The letter read, “You also state that a number of soldiers who were under-age were illegally tried and executed. This is not the case.
Anyone over the age of 14 was deemed legally responsible for his actions and Army regulations provided no immunity from Military Law for an under-age
so what do you all think..is it time the U.K military and government said sorry????