It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any recent evidence for "Aurora"?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 02:27 AM
link   
The early to mid 1990's saw quite a bit of speculation regarding a classified, high speed aircraft based most likely at the Groom Lake, NV facility. But it seems that in recent years, the sightings, the reported "sky quakes" over southern California, and the rumor mill have all but dried up. I think it's evident that there have been one or more classified high speed aircraft types flown by our military, but could the long rumored "Aurora" have been cancelled, as some have surmised? Or have they just gotten better at hiding it?

I'm interested in learning of any recent (say, post 2000) evidence of this purported aircraft.

[edit on 11-11-2005 by vt hokie]

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I haven't heard anything on aroura for a long time. I have been wondering what became of it. Do you think maybe the Aroura is/was a failed project? Remember, evey in the world of black projects, things don't always work.

Tim

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Me neither, it seems like the projcet has been forgotten... At least for a while...

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghost
I haven't heard anything on aroura for a long time. I have been wondering what became of it. Do you think maybe the Aroura is/was a failed project? Remember, evey in the world of black projects, things don't always work.

Tim

Hmm, I don't think that it's forgotten, (if it has ever existed) The USA Gov. have put too much money in it... It wouldn't make any sence...

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
There is a lot of speculation that the program is running through budget problems. It seems the plane consumes too much fuel.

If you ask me all those X-43A test are the first steps for the so called aurora replacement: a UCAV Mach 10+ plane. My guess will be that the first gen scram/ramjets were not that efficient

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 02:15 AM
link   
'Aurora' whatever it might prove to be, was first reported 25 years ago. If it was having trouble I would have thought it was an operational matter rather than a budgetary one? Maybe its gone quiet because of structural problems, after all 25 years is a long time to hurtling around at hypersonic speeds.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Well I first heard of aurora when I was about 14 or a bit earier and that was in 1999 or slighty before and guess what. nothing absoluty nothing has come up that has been factual in the past 6 to 7 years. I came on to the Aurora ban wagon as it was comin to a halt and since that time i have heard nothin that one would consider new information. the stories that people tell for the most part even happened before then.
I'd be interested if intelgurl who i know has an aurora story from a coworker or friend could tell us when the event took place. I'd say since this is ATS and i'd like to think that alot of people here have a good understanding of the project, it would be interesting to see if we could get an agreement on the probablity of the aurora projects current status?

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
'Aurora' whatever it might prove to be, was first reported 25 years ago. If it was having trouble I would have thought it was an operational matter rather than a budgetary one? Maybe its gone quiet because of structural problems, after all 25 years is a long time to hurtling around at hypersonic speeds.

25 years ago would be 1980 from now so the Aurora must have been operating all this time!. I heared the SR-71s are sort of being brought back becouse of problems with the Aurora.

If this plane was declassified(I Mean fully) Everyone would think its a brand new spyplane but just think the thing has been cruising around the sky for 25 years!. Isnt the Aurora supposed to carry the AIM-54 Phoenix missile like the ones used on the F-14 Tomcats?, If it does then the Aurora could be a High altitude/Hypersonic Interceptor!

It can outrun any plane/missile without enemy aircraft seeing the thing becouse it is so fast and so furious!.

Just think if the enemy pilot got shot down, he/his comrades would not be able to identify who or what brought him down!

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
If it did fly with the phoeniox A2A missile it wont now its old tech and the production of the missiles is almost stopped with the f-14's being retired. if im wrong please correct me this is just specucaltion. also i remeber reading the missile was having problems with corrosion i believe.

and to play devils advocate thats if its has been flying for these "25" years.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Well, not quite 25 years, but certainly 24!

'Aurora' was reported in Flight International in 1981, about the same time that the 'CSIRS' (F-117) was first reported. Of course that doesn't necessarily mean it was flying then (or even if it EVER did) but that was the first time the name was reported as belonging to a super secret spy plane to replace the SR-71. There was an attempt to backtrack by the Pentagon by claiming it was a reference to the Canadian version of the P-3 Orion, which is called the CP-140 Aurora, but this was quickly dismissed.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
lol yeah i have said before that ive seen an aurora and people dont believe me. its a great maritime patrol plane.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I posted this is another thread but I know an Aurora test pilot... he was in Canada at a Cafe 3 months ago where a dentist friend of mine met him... conversations start.. and after introductions the subject of aircraft came up...

My friend:
"My dad helped design the B-2 electronics, but that's all I can relate to aircraft. So you're a pilot?"

"Yeah, I just was test flying the Aurora."

my friend doesn't know anything about aircraft...

"oh, that is a plane?"

"yeah, it's an experimental plane. It flys so fast, it takes about 4 states just to turn it."

"Wow that must be fast."

"Yeah, it's pretty fast."....

Apparently he just was flying it that week, and that was 3 months ago!

So, I'd say that is some pretty new information. You can take that one to the bank.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
well with a story that is that vag I would hardly call it information. But none the less it is something new. Yah got to wonder though how many drinks did this pilot have to openly say that he flies a classified plane. Considering that most pilots in skunkworks and area 51 wouldn't even talk to there families about there work because if goverment threat etc about leaked info. Just the fact that there is a date on your post and you refer to 2 week ago and canada the gov would have him tracked and found with in 24 hours. considering that i can figure that much im sure that a top secret mil pilot could too and would keep his trap shut.
Dont get me wrong i love speculating about the plane but that story to me doesn't hold water too well.
Also i highly doubt the plane is still refered or ever was called aurora in actual training or service.

If the your above statment was in sarcasim i will delete this post but you need to make it clear what you actually think about this "new information"

[edit on 17-11-2005 by Canada_EH]

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Canada_EH
well with a story that is that vag I would hardly call it information. But none the less it is something new. Yah got to wonder though how many drinks did this pilot have to openly say that he flies a classified plane. Considering that most pilots in skunkworks and area 51 wouldn't even talk to there families about there work because if goverment threat etc about leaked info. Just the fact that there is a date on your post and you refer to 2 week ago and canada the gov would have him tracked and found with in 24 hours. considering that i can figure that much im sure that a top secret mil pilot could too and would keep his trap shut.
Dont get me wrong i love speculating about the plane but that story to me doesn't hold water too well.
Also i highly doubt the plane is still refered or ever was called aurora in actual training or service.

If the your above statment was in sarcasim i will delete this post but you need to make it clear what you actually think about this "new information"

You don't have to believe me
I didn't give any identifiable info...
and plus this is just a forum, crazier things have been said. This is just a real life, reliable experience I'm passing along.

Take it or leave it. It's your loss.

I happen to know quite of few "priviliaged" people. We never exchange classified information, but we hint in unclassified ways...

Anyways, I'm just saying, even to my surprise, it is still being flown.

By the way there was no alcohol there

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
well as to people who do use the forum to have a good disscuion and try and sort out things for ourselves all info in the thread has to prossesed. As you said though its my loss.

As for the hinting. I agree people do hint things to one another that never have to be said but saying yeah im a teast pilot for the aurora and it goes mach.... etc etc is not hint thats called a sledge hammer to the head.

Now here is something that perhaps you or someone could answer me. If you sureprised its still being flown why did the pilot refer to himself as a testpilot of the plane. As is with waynos good guess of 24 years that the things has been getting funding and storrys about tis flights have been around not to long after why would they still need to have a test pilot flying the thing.

I know that planes are always under going improvements and therefore need to be test flown again but the way your story is worded it sounds liek the thing just started flying with a testpilot.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Canada_EH
lol yeah i have said before that ive seen an aurora and people dont believe me. its a great maritime patrol plane.

Here is some Aurora stuff

personal.inet.fi...

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Sadly, the is the Aurora he meant. And the only one who's existance can be proven, so far.
No, it really is an Aurora!

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   
This was an interesting reply that I got on another message board:

"Groom lake aint what it used to be

more testing is done at I believe it's area 61 (or something like
that)to the north. There's also a test facility in Colorado. Area 51
is a blown cover and has been that way for a while. I wouldn’t be
surprised if some field testing has been moved to islands in the
Pacific or other places not part of the continental US. There are too
many people watching the skies now and so the testing sites have moved
to more remote locations. The place in Colorado is the site of a
former biological weapons test range, so it provides a natural
deterrent to lookie-loos the same way the nuclear test in area 45
scared people off from Area 51 and Groom Lake. I also have it from
some reliable sources that Aurora is real."

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
get the new issue of Popular Science. article about space warfare that has a rather convincing looking scramjet propelled hypersonic bomber in it. also has a few details about the "Falcon" program

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
www.darpa.mil...

(PS-look for Falcon----->pg. 168)

[edit on 19-11-2005 by truthseekerX]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join