It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Australian treasurer Peter Costello tells Muslims "Accept our ways or leave"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
How very democratic of him...

I always thought it was;

If you do not like our way of life, vote another Government in. Oh wait...he means just Muslim's. We've not yet got to the point of "Our way or leave our Nation".

What about the Muslim's who were born their and don't like the laws?

Should I stay or should I go?

i like the way you put it. I have had a lot to do with their legal processes due to my profession.

I for one can see systems which are so unworkable that its not funny and see a desperate need for more support to the public in their time of need. So do i go too?????

[edit on 1/12/08 by 04326]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

No... Read my post above. Muslims think puppies are filthy.

and that is all i need to know.
I am a dog lover.

In all seriousness, it doesn't matter who is "threatening" to change his nation. He made a statement, presumably to prevent it from happening. In response to muslim uprising.

In the US things are different. Here in Texas we still pray before a football game. I go to every single home game, but am Buddhist. You will never see me complain, and i bow my head out of respect for those that believe the prayer is important. Why can others not do the same thing?

I belong to a forum of very conservative christians. When they make prayer requests, i let them know that i will keep them in my thoughts. They know my faith, and know what that means. They accept it. Why can others not?

We live in a stupid, petty world of intolerance and pseudo intellectualism. Guess i need to get used to it.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
All good Muslims want is a space to live, a job and a space to pray. If they are not accepting Australian ways, then they are not integrating. If they cannot integrate or leave, then their community or the 'broader Australian' community is going to end of ghettoeised.......

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ImJaded

I am not sure where you get your news but you are very behind. Peter Costello WAS the Australian Treasurer about a year ago. I think what he meant to say (about a year ago) was that everyone who comes to a new country has to try to adapt to the new way of life and culture. I am sure that Peter Costello was not avocating that Muslims should not practice their religion.

I think you should qualify your statements by stating the time and place of the statement of the maker ie ex- Treasurer of Australia or something similar rather than try to sensationalise it.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Attention everyone

Before continuing this discussion, please notice the date it was started. This is an old thread.

posted on 11/11/2005

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join