It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

String of Pearls Ufo?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I was watching my local ABC channel tonight, just the usual, but when the weatherman came on [he has been there 20 years] he said he had been innundated with callers asking him what that was in the skies over Atlanta?
He said he went out to see it and he described it as being 25k feet high and looking like a string of pearls, it did unusual movements for over 5 minutes and then turned into a mist-like substance and then was gone..
Later he said he HOPES he has his job tomorrow..
So, in responding to a real event from his fans, the man has to worry about his job?
I will look all over the papers and links tonight and tomorrow to see what I can find..strange, huh?

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Fearing for your job after discussing a UFO sighting on television is an interesting comment to make. Though it would be exactly the type of thing to worry about if UFOs are being covered up by a government with a strict media lock down on the subject.

I hope more comes from this, but as it has been more common, information dries up fast.

[edit on 10-11-2005 by heelstone]

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
Fearing for your job after discussing a UFO sighting on television is an interesting comment to make. Though it would be exactly the type of thing to worry about if UFOs are being covered up by a government with a strict media lock down on the subject.

I hope more comes from this, but as it has been more common, information dries up fast.

[edit on 10-11-2005 by heelstone]

Agreed, but he is a very serious man.. I believe he was really in fear.
Anybody else in Atlanta watch Glenn Burns on channel 3? chime in..
It is on reruns at 1:00 AM EST.

[edit on 10-11-2005 by siriuslyone]

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Did anybody watch the 1am re-run? Did they air it as it originally was or did they cut out the UFO discussion?

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
Did anybody watch the 1am re-run? Did they air it as it originally was or did they cut out the UFO discussion?

Seems like this will NOT be given any air-rime, not even on CNN.
WTF, did it need to land at the stadium? Cannot find it w/ searches so far

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Did he mean he would lose his job for mentioning it, or, being a weatherman, that he was not able to jusify this phenomeana with the weather?

----Pineapple

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Coast to Coast radio show was innundated with emails and calls about the "Pearls"-
Also people all over the world seeing shooting stars when none were expected.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by pineappleupsidedown
Did he mean he would lose his job for mentioning it, or, being a weatherman, that he was not able to jusify this phenomeana with the weather?

----Pineapple

He was really in fear for his job..There was a very clear sky and he KNEW that people saw him outside watching it, and we know the media is not supposed to mention ufo's.
Still cannot find any eye witnesses, but there has to be some..
This was in the skies over midtown Atlanta..
I will keep searching as I know somebody took pics of it.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Lol, i think he was just worried that since he has 20 plus years of experience, and now all the sudden he brings up ufo's that they may think he is crazy. I dont think he was in fear of losing his job because the government doesn't like television stations mentioning ufo's. He will be there for many more years. But on the other hand has anyone found any reliable info on these "pearls" very interesting formation if ou ask me.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Coast to Coast radio show was innundated with emails and calls about the "Pearls"-
Also people all over the world seeing shooting stars when none were expected.

Thank you, were they from Atlanta?
Seems like the pearls are a new phenom..
I wish I had seen them, but I am in the woods..
Reckon they reported them to the ufo reporting guy in Seattle?

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I once read about the exhaust of the Aura-yea, i know-it does not exist, was supposed to leave a contrail like "perls on a string.

If this was the case-mentioning a black project-that does not exist-could get one in trouble/fired/disappeared-imo

[edit on 11/11/2005 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Actually, this is not the first time that there have been reports of a "string of pearls" in the skies over Atlanta. As recently as 2004 there were reports. The link below is a quick google search that I did to show that it is not that uncommon of a phenomena.
google search

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Glenn, the weatherman is back on and drew a picture of it..thank goodness his job is safe..
I am waiting to see it now..hopefully there will be some follow-up.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

He said it looked like this and made no noise and hovered for at least 5 minutes and then changed to an oval form and then turned into a mist which they disappered into.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
so did those pearls on a string move as if they were connected by a string without any of the "pearls" in the rear turning into mist? Did the perals near the end turn into a mist like if it were a contrail?

Did the mist form at once among all of the pearls at the same time? Did the mist form one by one like the oldest contrail was busting up into a mist?

So these pearls seemed to be solid objects that then turned into a solid oval. A mist then formed around this solid oval object?

Just trying to get a clear picture. Thanks a lot for reporting this great story. Very interesting indeed.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Since he is a trained weatherman, what could these be?
Not weather
No noise
The brilliance
The unknown factor.
UFO--1,2,3--debunk

IMO, these are a hologram test to see how effective they are/will be.

[edit on 11-11-2005 by siriuslyone]

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mandalorianwarrior
so did those pearls on a string move as if they were connected by a string without any of the "pearls" in the rear turning into mist? Did the perals near the end turn into a mist like if it were a contrail?

Did the mist form at once among all of the pearls at the same time? Did the mist form one by one like the oldest contrail was busting up into a mist?

So these pearls seemed to be solid objects that then turned into a solid oval. A mist then formed around this solid oval object?

Just trying to get a clear picture. Thanks a lot for reporting this great story. Very interesting indeed.

I cannot draw anything.. it was first a straight line of pearls with links between them, and he estimated 25 thousand miles high.
They kinda moved in a straight line and then became an oval shape and the mist came down on them and they were gone.
Like a giant eraser in mist form, all at once.Too large for contrails.
No, they did not form into a solid oval, they stayed individual.

[edit on 11-11-2005 by siriuslyone]

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 05:36 AM
link   
this almost sound like the "Pheonix" lights sighting. Wound up allegedly being one object in tringular shape. And from what I have read, eye wittness (supposidly) that lived on the mountain top that it glided over, said that when it fly slower over the it looked transperent. They could see the clouds and the stars though it but they could also see the outline of the object and it gave the stars a moving rippling effect. Now, that almost sounds like holligram to me. But that is a different issue.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyChild_5
this almost sound like the "Pheonix" lights sighting. Wound up allegedly being one object in tringular shape. And from what I have read, eye wittness (supposidly) that lived on the mountain top that it glided over, said that when it fly slower over the it looked transperent. They could see the clouds and the stars though it but they could also see the outline of the object and it gave the stars a moving rippling effect. Now, that almost sounds like holligram to me. But that is a different issue.

My 'empathy' told me this was an experiment over a large city to test a holograph, to see if there would be panic or how overall effective this technology is, as it will be out into larger use not long from now..

[edit on 14-11-2005 by siriuslyone]

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
from the weather blog on the stations website:
Fireballs
Posted: November 14, 2005
Q: Dear glen wow did you find out what that was in the sky last night. It looked like a large pulsating light with a tail on it. I was on us 78 hwy heading northeast when I spotted it; amazing. Truly. Keep up the good work.

Q: I wonder if the lights in the sky were not fireballs. Here is a link:
www.cloudbait.com...

A: Many of our viewers have written in to report the same sighting. One theory is that the lights are large particles encountering the Earth's atmosphere known as fireballs. The International Astronomical Union defines a fireball as a meteor brighter than magnitude -4, about the same as Venus.

We do not think it was fireballs, however. It appeared to be more like a controlled vehicle of some sort.

Posted by Severe Weather Team 2
Lights in the Sky
Posted: November 14, 2005
Q: Did I understand Mr. Burns to say that he indeed saw the string of lights in the sky over Atlanta on Nov. 10, 2005?

A: Yes it is the case...last Thursday night at 10:30 PM in our Atlanta skies. I saw it personally and was totally amazed at never seeing anything like it before.

www.wsbtv.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join