It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Chronicles of Narnia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
If you have not seen the preview yet check out the site.

disney.go.com...

Man this does look good.

I love the minotaur jumping down into the battle, it looks great.

It will be compared with Harry Potter by some, I just remember reading the books as a kid and this looks like a fantastic decent translation of it.

Look forward to it.

[edit on 10-11-2005 by Grimholt]

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimholt
It will be compared with Harry Potter by some, I just remember reading the books as a kid and this looks like a fantastic decent translation of it.

C.S. Lewis was a contemporary and good friend of J.R.R. Tolkien. That should give some indication of the artistic level we're talking about here. These works have been around a lot longer than Harry Potter.

We can hope this movie doesn't get the usual Hollywood raping that most good stories get once they're transfered to film. The main reason Lord of The Rings didn't end up the same way is that they stayed far away from Hollywood while making it.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound

We can hope this movie doesn't get the usual Hollywood raping that most good stories get once they're transferred to film. The main reason Lord of The Rings didn't end up the same way is that they stayed far away from Hollywood while making it.

I agree wholeheartedly. We know the story (at least those of us that have read it) and we know it to be a good one. I just hope that the filmmakers realize this and don't mess too much with the story. Alas, I fear that the film-makers can't resist mucking about. Naturally they will change things dramatically; adding a shoot out, a car chase scene and a music score that includes Audioslave, Anthrax and Fifty Cent. Of course, by this time, instead of an armoire or wardrobe, the conduit to the land of Narnia will be an abandoned refrigerator in an alley somewhere.

Oh well, we can only hope that they will do this great series of books justice.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Hi all,
As long as we're talking about Narnia, check out this link! It's really cool!

www.narniastory.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.narniastory.com...

[edit on 11/16/2005 by just me 2]

JAK

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I'm eagerly looking forward to seeing this, the trailer looks good.

While looking around I found this picture from the book cover of Prince Caspian:
from here which made me smile, I hadn't seen that in many, many moons. (More than I care to remember.)

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Does anyone remember the cartoon version...
They used to play it on disney all the time when I was little
and no one seems to have heard of it...
but I would love to have taht version you know
it's lke keep sake...
I think it was made in 1979 or something...
posetively brilliant

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
They sell the 1979 cartoon version at Amazon.com.

I love these books. I still have the boxed set of the series that I got for Christmas around 20 years ago.

Please don't let them screw this up. *crosses fingers*

new topics

top topics

join