It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

L.A. Schools Help Students Attend Bush-Bashing Rally

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Schools in Los Angeles not only allowed students to take off time from school to attend a left-wing anti-Bush rally, but provided staff and even buses to help them attend the protest:

LOS ANGELES (November 3, 2005) -- Public schools have long been criticized for bringing left-wing politics into the classroom, but yesterday teachers in Los Angeles high schools took their students out of their classrooms to participate in a left-wing political rally!

Ten high schools in the Los Angeles area bused over 800 students to participate in a large anti-George Bush rally organized by a group called "The World Can't Wait--Drive Out the Bush Regime." Teachers, administrators, and campus security all defended the decision, saying it gave them a chance to supervise students who would be protesting anyway, but children's author Katharine DeBrecht decried the decision as an example of educators advancing a liberal political agenda.

Blogs for Bush

This is a disgrace

Students should be learning in school, not being indoctrinated into liberal ideology and protesting.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
No child left behind!

Sorry, had to go with the obvious joke. Too hard to pass up.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Schools in Los Angeles not only allowed students to take off time from school to attend a left-wing anti-Bush rally, but provided staff and even buses to help them attend the protest:

Students should be learning in school, not being indoctrinated into liberal ideology and protesting.

See this is the problem with US politics now. Bashing Bush isn't left wing or Liberal, it's common sense. I have the utmost respect for Republicans that denounce Bush, they know what the party really stands for, not this abomination that you have now.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Well, I don't have any kids, but I still have to pay for others people's kids to go to school, so I'm not pleased at all that my tax dollars are being used to support political indoctrination, much in the same way that I wouldn't want to support religious indoctrination.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
See this is the problem with US politics now. Bashing Bush isn't left wing or Liberal, it's common sense. I have the utmost respect for Republicans that denounce Bush, they know what the party really stands for, not this abomination that you have now.

So you have the utmost respect for those who agree with you, and feel it's ok for schools to indoctrinate students with your opinion? Huh. You see it as "common sense" because it makes sense to you; therefore, it should make sense to the general public as a whole. It doesn't. It's opinion.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Tis a field trip, right? Parents would have to sign permission for their kid to go--if the parents aint trippin then why should we. There's bible study at my nephew's school--again a permission slip is sent home and the parent decides if the kid should go.

What we need to ask ourselves is if the kids were going to meet the president instead of protest him, would this still be a big deal? Wouldn't it still be indoctrination if we applied the same logic?

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

So you have the utmost respect for those who agree with you, and feel it's ok for schools to indoctrinate students with your opinion? Huh. You see it as "common sense" because it makes sense to you; therefore, it should make sense to the general public as a whole. It doesn't. It's opinion.

Thanks JJ, you just proved my point. Now if you could step out of yourself for a moment you'ld be able to see it. My opinion? I forced none of it on anyone but you decided to take it as an attack. :shk: It never ends.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

Thanks JJ, you just proved my point. Now if you could step out of yourself for a moment you'ld be able to see it. My opinion? I forced none of it on anyone but you decided to take it as an attack. :shk: It never ends.

hehe reciprocated.

It's not left wing or liberal to bash Bush, it's common sense. Oh the shame of being me, and not having enough common sense to hate him rabidly

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I can't imagine the uproar that there'd be if even private christian schools bused their kids into anti-leftist rallies, let alone public schools.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
As ususal

Again, from the their own source, further down the page:

A local Los Angeles NBC affiliate story states buses were NOT used to bring students to the rally, and a memo from LA Unified School District clearly shows the school system was against students walking out,. The memo instructed school staff to inform students of the rammifications of walking out. Many students are currently facing suspenion or expulsion.......

I came on the make note of the fact that the "proof" of this event was sycophantic Bushblogs linking to each other, and nothing more. But naturally, I read the page ( unlike the thread's author, maybe?) and found the massive spin/polar opposite truth right there.

And Jake, come on.....

You see it as "common sense" because it makes sense to you; therefore, it should make sense to the general public as a whole. It doesn't.

With polls ranging from 63% to 70% disapproving of Bush and his policies, what number , exactly, counts as the general public to you!?

You waiting for it to hit 90%!?!
It'll come, don't worry.....

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Are you kdding? It won't go to 90%, the republicans will ban taking polls when it gets to 85%.

Anyways would be an interesting read if it wasn't more Republicans lieing. Can they not tell a lie? Or is that like a Jewish or Arabic person eating Pork? Or a diabetic drinking pure sugar with a drop of lemonade?

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
that's nothing, where i live in s.c., my 13 year old daughter was berated by her teacher because she dared to debate the teacher over bush and kerry during the election. the teacher made her feel like she was stupid for having a different opinion from hers and that she supported kerry over bush . i thought school was for education for all, not just the repub. ideology.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Uh, the news article is false, did you not read it? It is republicans lieing, again. None of the things the topic maker said was true.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by UfoofU
Uh, the news article is false, did you not read it? It is republicans lieing, again. None of the things the topic maker said was true.

Please shed some of your enlightenment on those of us who don't know any better. How is it false? Where did you come by this information? Or are we just supposed to trust you? In reading the article, I didn't see where it said "DJohn is lying because he's a Republican" or something to that effect...

I didn't see it stated in this article, either...So where did you come by this information?

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
And whether you link to Worldnet, Rush online or everyone's favorite token Black Republican, Larry Elder, it's still a manufactured issue in the Right Wing Blogsphere.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
And whether you link to Worldnet, Rush online or everyone's favorite token Black Republican, Larry Elder, it's still a manufactured issue in the Right Wing Blogsphere.

A strong argument reinforced by some great sources showing the fallacy of the news report. Good job, Bout Time, I withdraw my assertion that it isn't a lie.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Jake - let's all go search for the actual real news story, ok?
Or that it's cemented in Right Wing lore via the repetition-till-taken-true route is enough for you?

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I dunno...Maybe looking at the home page of the actual protest group that held the rally could tell us something. That's odd...They seem to be holding a protest over some disciplinary proceedings taking place in LA over some kind of fictitious story created by Republican hacks. Very odd indeed.

[edit on 11-15-2005 by junglejake]

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
LA Daily News:

High school lockdown linked to Bush protest

By Dana Bartholomew, Staff Writer
LA Daily News

VAN NUYS - Van Nuys High School was temporarily locked down Wednesday after students protested against the Bush administration as part of a national demonstration.
Van Nuys High School Principal Herman Clay directed students to remain on campus and at their desks for 1 1/2 hours after he said two dozen students disrupted classes during the protest.

Some students said administrators threatened them with expulsion if they left campus and that one student was thrown to the ground as campus police attempted to take their pictures.

The lockout occurred as 1,000 Los Angeles students - including about 15 or 20 from Van Nuys High School who were accompanied by an administrator - left class to join a midday rally hosted by The World Can't Wait - Drive Out the Bush Regime. The New York-based group had staged protests in 70 U.S. cities.

"We had a few other kids, I suppose in sympathy, they went around campus uttering anti-Bush statements," said Clay, who locked down the campus between 10:45 a.m. and the end of lunch. "They had refused a directive to go to class."

"This really wasn't a big deal. We only went through (the lockdown) because we didn't want to take the risk of more kids out of class."

The Los Angeles protest included a midday march down Wilshire Boulevard and a rally held outside the Federal Building.

At Reseda High School, administrators said about 15 to 20 students were poised to leave school until they spotted a Los Angeles police cruiser roll in with truant Reseda High students.

Fines for truancy range upward of $250.

Reseda High Principal Alfredo Tarin said students were free to leave as long as they signed out and were willing to pay the fine. He said a handful of students chose to attend the Mid-Wilshire rally.

Allan Nalvandyan, a freshman at Van Nuys High School, said he believed campus cops and administrators violated the free-speech rights of between 40 and 50 students by threatening to expel any student who joined their fellow students at the protest.

He said officials also followed would-be demonstrators around campus to videotape or photograph them, and that at least one scuffle occurred between a student and an administrator.

"It's really messed up," said Nalvandyan. "We weren't demonstrating - we were trying to leave for the rally."

The Los Angeles school police had no report of any injuries during the Van Nuys High School lockdown.

So all we've proved so far, AGAIN, is that the BUSH SUPPORTERS have taken an incident where the schools actually went fascist and not liberal by denying student rights, as opposed to the RIGHT WING BLOGSPHERES premise.

Let's look some more:

"Monica Carazo, a spokeswoman for the Los Angeles Unified School District, said World Can't Wait sent out fliers to schools urging students to leave school on the day of the protest.

"A lot of us were wondering where they were going," she said.

.....................................Additionally, an estimated 1,000 Los Angeles students walked out of local high schools Wednesday for various daytime protests around the city. Among the schools hit by walkouts were Los Angeles High, Hamilton High and Lincoln High.

Los Angeles Times

It does serve a convenient distraction, no? I mean that the RIGHTWING BLOGSPHERE would add that falsehood to the mix to take the spotlight off the event and FOCUS IT ON HOW THEM DAMN LIBERAL POLLUTE CHILDRENS MINDS.

Wake up kids

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
You are now shiffting the argument from OFFICIAL SCHOOL SANCTIONED, BUSES PROVIDED to making believe that we are trying to say the rally didn't take place!?!?!

Lay off the Jesus juice or Mikey Jackson gonna be sniffing around you, mark my words!

<<   2 >>

join