It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Birth day to the US Marine Corps

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
souljah:

1. where is your source?

2. this is not the time or place for this kind of crap. i know you will in no way understand this, but we are honoring those who have sacrificed all, including those from WWII that have given you the freedom to even post here. go spout your crap someplace else.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Happy Birthday to all Marines and Former Marines.

One anecdote I'd like to share is that after the US Marines were bombed in Beiruit the USMC Commandant was making rounds with the wounded. He came across one Marine who was in bed with his whole head was bandaged so he couldn't speak. The Commandant offered him a piece of paper and an inkstick (pen) and asked him to write a message or a message to his family. The Marine took the pen and wrote "Semper Fi."

Also when the French were retreating from the Germans as they advanced in Paris in World War 1, they pleaded with the newly-arrived Marines to retreat from the Hun. One Marine simply said "Retreat, Hell, we just got here!" and they had the famous Battle of Belleau Wood which the Marines won and the French latter named Bois de Marines.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700
1. where is your source?

Here is my Source and it is NOT the only one:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Butler said those things and rightly so, as he was speaking of the Banana Wars of the Caribbean during the 20s and 30s, when the Marines fought bandits who exploited American commercial interests.

Beyond that, you are the lowest of the low, Souljah and your effort to besmirch the honor of the Corps is deserving of the worst kind of retribution. You don't amount to so much as pimple on a Marine's backside.

You make me sick.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah_John

Also when the French were retreating from the Germans as they advanced in Paris in World War 1, they pleaded with the newly-arrived Marines to retreat from the Hun. One Marine simply said "Retreat, Hell, we just got here!" and they had the famous Battle of Belleau Wood which the Marines won and the French latter named Bois de Marines.

General O.P. Smith in Korea:

"retreat hell, we're just attacking in another direction"

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I'd like to pay tribute here today to my dad.

From NHY Volksjager pilot (if I'm right and that's really where he got his start) to B-2 Stealth Bomber micro-processor programming manager (which I know for a fact was the job he retired from), he spent over thirty-two years in the Marines, most of it in the reserves, rising to the rank of Bird Colonel.

Here's a picture of him as a Major. He passed on in 2000. One tough guy.

Dad, I salute you!

Semper Fi!

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
GradyPhilpott

Beyond that, you are the lowest of the low, Souljah and your effort to besmirch the honor of the Corps is deserving of the worst kind of retribution. You don't amount to so much as pimple on a Marine's backside.

I so agree with you although I saved my comments for a u2u that I sent instead of besmirching this thread. (no response of course)
I salute not only all the Marines but also to all the vets past and present ! My hat is off to you as well as my endearing thanks.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
I'd like to pay tribute here today to my dad.

From NHY Volksjager pilot (if I'm right and that's really where he got his start) to B-2 Stealth Bomber micro-processor programming manager (which I know for a fact was the job he retired from), he spent over thirty-two years in the Marines, most of it in the reserves, rising to the rank of Bird Colonel.

Here's a picture of him as a Major. He passed on in 2000. One tough guy.

Dad, I salute you!

Semper Fi!

i salute your dad.

however, i'm curious. does that mean he test flew captured me162s? or am i misunderstanding your post?

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Happy Birthday to the Marines! Semper Fidelis!

Souljah, your remarks are disgraceful.

You've sunk about as low as you possibly can in my book now.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Souljah,

You have in your asenine way helped us celebrate here. This thread is celebrating the bravery and sacrifice of the US Marine Corp and Veterans
Day. It is a time when all Americans are asked to stop and take a moment
to remember those that have fought to keep us free so that we may enjoy the very freedom that allows you to post on this site. You thoughtfully reminded me of just how must of an impact that our service men have had
on world events. American service men and women have unselfishly with little regard to imminate harm, answered the call to arms when ever and where ever they have been asked to serve. It is this endoring and indestructable spirit that places the men and women of the United States Armed Services in a class above all contemporaries on the face of this planet. It is the reason America will survive and be a pain in your arse and the arse's of those like you for centuries to come. It is my pleasure to have served with these men and women and I do so truly hope that something I did while serving my country is what got your panties all in a wad. For I assure you that of all the men and women that I have served with, in all the arm pits of the world, killing all the scumbags and slimballs, I am the only ex-marine on this site that will tell you that he gives a damn about you, what you think or have to say. But every single one of them would have sacrificed their lifes for you (yeah even an arse like you) if asked to do so.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
To all the US Marines past and present
Thank you.

And to all veterans everywhere, the thanks of a greatfull nation

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Ok folks let's let this disruption go and get back to the topic.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Semper Fi to Colonel Rag Burns, a man that truly looks like he could kill you with his index finger and Colonel Lou Boros

USMC

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
To the little boy who was not trained to be quiet when the adults are talking: Wiki is not a source of info. You couldhave madethat crap up and placed it there.

To the men and women who were forged into Marines; words aren't enough, so all I can say is, thank you.

Happy Birthday, United States Marine Corp!

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
To the lasting of the Marine Corp and to Veterans of old and now, I can't thank you the way you deserve but you have my sincere appreciation and that of my family. Thank you!

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Happy Birthday Marines

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Why don't We all Hold Hands and Remember Major General Smedley Butler?

Was he NOT a GREAT MARINE?

Here's some more Links, for all those ADULTS that find Wikipedia "Silly":

Veterans for Peace

fas.org

And ofcourse, you can always get yourself your own Copy of the Book by General Smedley, War is a Racket:

Amazon.com

Lets Read the Immortal Words of the Most Decorated General in USMC History:

War Is A Racket

It always has been. It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives.

A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of the people. Only a small "inside" group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few, at the expense of the very many. Out of war a few people make huge fortunes.

In the World War [I] a mere handful garnered the profits of the conflict. At least 21,000 new millionaires and billionaires were made in the United States during the World War. That many admitted their huge blood gains in their income tax returns. How many other war millionaires falsified their tax returns no one knows.

How many of these war millionaires shouldered a rifle? How many of them dug a trench? How many of them knew what it meant to go hungry in a rat-infested dug-out? How many of them spent sleepless, frightened nights, ducking shells and shrapnel and machine gun bullets? How many of them parried a bayonet thrust of an enemy? How many of them were wounded or killed in battle?

Out of war nations acquire additional territory, if they are victorious. They just take it. This newly acquired territory promptly is exploited by the few -- the selfsame few who wrung dollars out of blood in the war. The general public shoulders the bill.

SEMPER FI!

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Happy Birthday Marines!!!

From the Halls of Montezuma to the shores of Tripoli...ummmm forgot the rest of the song.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
hey souljah,

when NR posted his tribute to the brave iranian air force members killed in battle, did anyone bash it? did we not, in fact, salute them?

by posting here, on our veterans day, anti-american rhetoric, you have lost all credibility IMHO. you are a worthless piece of ...well, dont wanna get censored by the mods for reacting to your ignorance.

why dont you take your toys and go home little boy, because no one on this thread wants to hear your ignorance.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Why don't We all Hold Hands and Remember Major General Smedley Butler?...

Souljah, I am going to ask you nicely:

Please take your political agenda else where. This is not the place to do it.

BTW, if you paid attention, he was not the most decorated Marine general ever, that honor would go to Chesty, as I posted on the first page,

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join