It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Calling all Canucks, who are going to vote for.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
First time in this whole voting thingy, being 18.

After a short debate with myself and seriously considering the local "Independant" (Who thinks that MPs who don't keep their promises should commit seppuku, and supports gay marriage only because it gets overly righteous religious-types riled up), I decided to just go Conservative and maybe let them sneak in a majority, so that we don't have to go through this all over again. From what I have seen and heard, it is emminant that they are going to win, anyways.

The way I see it, they are all equally corrupt. But the Liberals have been in power for so long that they have probably gotten way too good at it, so might as well kick them out and put a fresh batch in. That way there might actually be a short period where things go the way they're supposed to.

Doesn't help that the voting station was a Scouts center, which is an organization suppposedly founded by Freemasons, or so I've heard. (Go figure)

[edit on 23-1-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Okay, I'm off to go vote for Bill Nye the science guy.

Oops I meant NDP's Patrick Arnell.

Be back in a bit.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Is that Tucker Carlson???

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
rolf

It could be...

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
ROFLMFAO!@@@!@!@

The resemblance is friggin hilarious

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I did it. I voted. Almost forgot.

Bent over backwards stuck my head in that dark place and voted against Harper.

Now I'm waiting for a better world.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Voter turnout: 2,775 of 78,808 registered electors (3.5%)

Man, my city is horrible
. Anyway, Conservatives won here, about 40% against Liberal 30%.

What about you guys and gals?

Elections.ca

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Not that I want to say I told you so.
But I did.

Another minority government. Hoo-Hah! Yippee Kay Yay! It will last about 18 months. And we get to spend another 100 million.
I can hardly contain my enthusiasm.

Next time around, let's do it right. At least we got rid of a few Martin cronies, and the big cheese himself.

See you in 2007!!

Tory Blue and Loving It!

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Don't kid yourself into thinking that this was a vote for Harper. It was a vote against Martin.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Don't kid yourself into thinking that this was a vote for Harper. It was a vote against Martin.

Exactly. A little house cleaning, new leader, don't be surprised if it's Stronach and the Libs will be back in business. I'm not saying that's a good thing, just the way I see it. Remember '79.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I also wanted to note that not one Tory won a seat in the GTA. That hasn't happened in a long ass time.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
In BC, the Conservatives actually lost 5 seats, which was probably a bit of a shock for them. The NDP picked up 5 and the Liberals picked up 1. The extra seat was Chuck Cadman's. Penny Priddy took his riding.

At least some things never change. BC always has to be different.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I agree. Better dead than red. LOL (or orange for that matter).

Tories rule! - 'til one or more crosses the floor, but that's another story.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I also wanted to note that not one Tory won a seat in the GTA. That hasn't happened in a long ass time.

About time too! The rural areas have suffered for years because of it. Toronto will no longer be the center of the universe, and perhaps a little equality will do them good. Yes they drive a lot of our economy, but they are also as human as the rest of us.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Exactly. A little house cleaning, new leader, don't be surprised if it's Stronach and the Libs will be back in business. I'm not saying that's a good thing, just the way I see it. Remember '79.

Stronach can buy her way into anything. It doesn't mean it will be the best for the rest of us. Watch McKenna and Manley. Besides, she has not paid her dues yet. Except she can write a cheque I guess.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join