On September 11th, 2001. The FBI found suspicious evidence belonging to Alleged hijacker Mohamed Atta. In total, two bags were found containing the
1. Handheld electronic flight computer
2. Simulator procedures manual for Boeing 757 and 767 aircraft
3. Two videotapes relating to "air tours" of the Boeing 757 and 747 aircraft
4. Slide-rule flight calculator
5. Copy of the Koran
8. International driver's license
9. Religious cassette tape
10. Airline uniforms
11. Letter of recommendation, "education related documentation"
12. Letter to other hijackers on how to mentally prepare for the hijacking
If the hijackers could pull off the perfect crime of all-time, fooling the entire U.S. military, how could they be so stupid and leave such
incriminating evidence behind? Let us explore the significance behind each item.
1. Handheld electronic flight computer Function: Wind deviation; ground speed; Time, fuel and distance; Cross and head/tail wind; Pressure and density
altitudes; True air speed; Timers; Unit conversions. Result - Helps Pilot perform necessary calculations before and during flights.
2. Simulator procedures manual for Boeing 757 and 767 aircraft Unable to determine the exact manual, however, I have provided an unofficial version
detailing the complex task of operating a Boeing "for dummies."
3. Videotapes relating to "air tours" Unable to locate exact description/detail of these air tour videotapes.
4. Slide-rule flight calculator For calculation and conversion of Temperature, Time, Distance Volume, Altitude and Density Altitude, Speed, Weight,
Fuel, Multiplication and Division, 1 in 60 rule etc. Procedure side incorporates a cursor with colour defined Wind Speed procedures. A simple movement
of the cursor and procedure disc enables calculations to be completed for Head and Tail Wind components, correct Sector join procedures and turns for
holding patterns etc. **Why would a slide-rule be needed if an Handheld electronic flight computer was availablel?**
5. Copy of the Koran Is it not more feasible to carry the Koran with you on your journey into the afterlife?
6. Passport A Passport is required to board US flights by international passangers. Were these two bags left before or affter security check points?
Obviously the equipment and supplies in Atta's bag would prompt the quick attention of Airport Secruity, however, how was he ultimately able to board
leaving his passport behind?
7. Will Please help me explain the significance behind having to include a will that will ultimately be discovered by the foriegn enemy?
To be continued... (lack of post time)