It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you heard what's been happening to the US military?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
As a military wife that survive the first gulf war I have to say that war hurts military families.

Even mine was in trouble during the 18 months that my husband was oversea.

Separation is very negative to families, specially me with two pre-schoolers all by myself after 8 years of marriage I was very angry and very stress.

No all of us military wifes survive to tell our stories it was a lot of divorces,separations and abuse after the war.

This one is worst and the longer it goes on without ending the worst to the love ones at home.

Also is not much with the state of our economy to guarantee a job to anybody that comes from the war wounded, first is a lot of hospital care, rehabilitation and mental recovery and treatment.

The life keeps on and many never recover fully.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Can we say crusades anyone!!!!!!!!!!

"Tonight on CNN Crusades 2005"

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Bottom line is, that War in Iraq is not coming to and End Soon. The End of Middle East Crisis, is not Ending either, with the bombings in Jordan, crisis with Syria and Iran - and it looks like that US Army is here to Stay for a Long time.

I would imagine that troops will be there until one side or the other capitulates in some way. This is about more than your conspiracy theories or your guilt about being part of the dreaded bourgeois. If the US fails at it task, you may not have to worry about what generals or presidents do. You will be worrying about what Imam's think and say about your words you post on any forum.

But it is easy for the General to order the Departure of tens of thousands troops to Battlefield - they have to go there and fight it out. They are going to pay the price of the war, and they might loose their EVERYTHING in there.

Their Mind.

Their Heart.

Their Arms.

Their Legs.

Their Soul.

They will pay for the Price of War.

When is BUSH going to pay for ANYHING?

I forgot that Bush is responsible for everything in the world going wrong. That is a pretty narrow point of view considering there is so much more material to pick and choose from. Approximately 42,000 people die every year in the US from Automobile accidents. These have no meaning at all. At least the 2,000 who have died so far have died for a cause. The Jihadists are known to say that they love death more than we love life. The Jihadists have enslaved more people and have killed more people. We are halfway through the second millennia of Islamic Imperialism, and you complain about crusades and the evil west.

The majority of the people who are over there know that if the Islamic Jihadists have their way, you will have media and a world wide web which is edited by religious thought police. One of the few things you will be able to view on the web will be the rolling heads of those who will not submit to the teachings of the one true prophet Mohammed. They do not want freedom...only your submission.

Have you already given your vow of submission to Allah and his one true prophet? Are you part of his plan? Are you a Jihadist? How much better do you think the world will be without western thought and capitalism? I hope you aren't left handed.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Islamic Imperialism?!
OMG! LOL! ROFL!
...pardon me, but it is not the US army, that come thousads miles to Iraq?

I did not see any Iraquis come to America to liberate it...!

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by xman_in_blackx
I would imagine that troops will be there until one side or the other capitulates in some way. This is about more than your conspiracy theories or your guilt about being part of the dreaded bourgeois. If the US fails at it task, you may not have to worry about what generals or presidents do. You will be worrying about what Imam's think and say about your words you post on any forum.

Yes, yes - ofcourse. Your little intimidation with Islam is not working here, mate. Your goverment may have done a great job in making you belive, that Islam is the root of all Evil on this Planet and that right now, they are "Liberating" the Middle East of the "Scourge of Terrorism". FACTS are, that the US Army is Overstreched and the Soldiers are after 2 and Half years of war in Iraq pretty much tired of this War. And they are not leaveing anytime soon. So - who is going to tell the GREAT news to their Families, waiting for them at home?

You?

Or the President of the United States?

I forgot that Bush is responsible for everything in the world going wrong. That is a pretty narrow point of view considering there is so much more material to pick and choose from. Approximately 42,000 people die every year in the US from Automobile accidents. These have no meaning at all. At least the 2,000 who have died so far have died for a cause. The Jihadists are known to say that they love death more than we love life. The Jihadists have enslaved more people and have killed more people. We are halfway through the second millennia of Islamic Imperialism, and you complain about crusades and the evil west.

Well - since the so-called War on Terrorism that actually CREATES Terror around the world, I think that this Planet has become INCREDIBLY more Dangerous then before. I think that presence of US forces in the Middle East does NOT Help to "increase the Peace" in this area. You always mention how many US troops died to "Liberate the Iraqi people" - how many times have you asked yourself HOW MANY IRAQI PEOPLE DIED? Not alot of times I think. And just to think of all the Conflicts that US has been involved in in the last 50 years, it makes me think: now, WHO here is IMPERIALISTIC? If you do not know what I am talking about - click the link below in my signature, that says Century of War and then talk about "Islamic Imperialism".

The majority of the people who are over there know that if the Islamic Jihadists have their way, you will have media and a world wide web which is edited by religious thought police. One of the few things you will be able to view on the web will be the rolling heads of those who will not submit to the teachings of the one true prophet Mohammed. They do not want freedom...only your submission.

Hmmmm...

You kno which country already HAS Religious Police - a force of around 3500 officers + thousands of volunteres?

Its not Iraq.

its not Iran.

Its not Syria.

Its not Afganistan.

Its not Jordan.

C'mon, one more try - YES! ITS SAUDI ARABIA!!!

Try walking in Saudi Arabia with a Bible in your Hand and then talk about "Democratic Islamic Countries" that are ALLIED with the USA and which has Kings and Princes, that hold hands with your Dear President Bush, and that has Families that can fly home within days of the 9-11, when ALL planes in the United States were grouneded.

Why is that?

If you are looking for the Root of all Evil - why are you not SEEING Saudi Arabia? Why does everybody go past it? You just ramble and ramble about Jihads in Iraq and in Iran and in Syria - but the CAPITAL of State, that has ENFORCED Islamic Law or "Sharia" is Saudi Arabia.

Have you already given your vow of submission to Allah and his one true prophet? Are you part of his plan? Are you a Jihadist? How much better do you think the world will be without western thought and capitalism? I hope you aren't left handed.

So - you are also one of the "If you are not with US you are with the Terrorists" kind of guys?

What do you know about Jihad anyway?

Do you know the meaning of this word at all?

What do you know about The Prophet?

Apart from the Islamo-Bashing Crap the US-Neo-Con-Sponsored-Media is Serving you?

You are a Puppet on a String - but you do not know that.

Sad.

[edit on 11/11/05 by Souljah]

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Just needed to point something out, (and no disrespect to the 2000 brave military personal who have died in Iraq).

2000 dead in 2 years of a military operation/war is basically a fantastic result,pick up your history books and see how many people have died in single battles or how many died in the world trade centre.

Dont lose grip of the big picture, there is an endless supply of Islamfascists in this world that want nothing more than to destroy the west and place us all under Sharia law and realise there "caliphate".

We live in a very unpredictable and fragile world.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher
Dont lose grip of the big picture, there is an endless supply of Islamfascists in this world that want nothing more than to destroy the west and place us all under Sharia law and realise there "caliphate".

Do not forget that there is an Endless Supply of CATHOLIC FA$CISTS in this world, that want nothing more, but to Invade the Middle East and keep it for their Sinister Capitalistic Plans.

Shari Law is almost like Patriot Act, if you look at it from a Certain point of view, dontcha agree?

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   

And just to think of all the Conflicts that US has been involved in in the last 50 years, it makes me think: now, WHO here is IMPERIALISTIC? If you do not know what I am talking about - click the link below in my signature, that says Century of War and then talk about "Islamic Imperialism".

I give you better one RIGHT about NOW:

1953: USA overthrows Prime Minister Mossadeq of Iran. And install Shah as dictator.

1954: USA overthrows democratically-elected President Arbenz of Guatemala. 200,000 civilians killed.

1963: USA back assassination of South Viernamese President Diem.

1963-1975: American military kills 4 million people in Southeast Asia.

September 11, 1973: USA stages coup in Chile. Democratically-elected President Salvador Allende assassinated. Dictator Augusto Pinochet installed. 5,000 Chileans murdered.

1977: USA backs military rulers of El Salvador. 70,000 Salvadorans and four American nuns killed.

1980's: USA trains Osama bin Laden and fellow terrorists to kill Soviets. CIA gives then $3 billion.

1981: Reagan administration trains and funds "contras". 30,000 Nicaraguans die.

1982: USA provides billions in aid to Saddam Hussein for weapons to kill Iranians.

1983: White House secretly gives Iran weapons to kill Iraqis.

1989: CIA agent Manuel Noriega (also serving as President of Panama) disobeys orders from Washington. USA invades Panama and removes Noriega. 3,000 Panamian civilian casualties.

1990: Iraq invades Kuwait with weapons from USA and with USA blessing.

1991: USA enter Iraq. Bush reinstates dictator of Kuwait.

1998: Clinton bombs "weapons factory" in Sudan. Factory turns out to be making aspirin.

1991 to present: American planes bomb Iraq on a weekly basis. UN estimates 500,000 Iraqi children die from bombing and sanctions.

2000-01: USA gives Taliban-rules Afghanistan $245 million in "aid".

Sept. 11, 2001: "Osama bin Laden" uses his expert CIA training to murder almost 3,000 people.

...now what do you want to say about being imperialistic? Even the Iran went democratic, before US of A turned this down in operation Ajax:
en.wikipedia.org...
...after major sucess, a similar one was pulled out in Guatemala:
en.wikipedia.org...
...and if you care, there is a list of hell more like this:
en.wikipedia.org...:CIA_operations

So, again, Islamic Imperialism? Are you kidding us, or take us for fools?

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Look everyone know's that the US government has made wrong decisions in the past.... id challenge some of the accuracy of your figures to.

And the US have also done alot of good in the world.

USA was the deciding factor in WW2, albeit a late arrival.

Its obvious you have a dislike of the west, thats your business.

So i would be safe in assumming that you think that countrys in the ME should be left alone to do what ever they want and the West can just wait and listen to there taunts until they finally spark ww3?

Because without preventive measures thats where this is all going to end.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
remember wat happened to the U.S. military after Vietnam? it changed!!!
i wonder how dat happened. 70s and 80s the all volunteer force was introduced and no more drafting. the men and women in uniform knows wat they are getting into. after all it is the military force which is meant to fight wars.
the U.S. military will constantly change and adapt. maybe u should look at the U.S. military history and be amazed by the changes of warfare and technology and it would scare u to death or make u proud.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Most people have heard that more than 2,000 American G.I.’s have been killed in the nonstop meat grinder of Iraq.

Not to belittle this count, because every life lost is priceless, but has everyone forgotten what it cost when you sit back, do nothing and let evil spiral out of control? Does everyone remember the 415,000 who died in World War II. That's just the US. When you add up all countries involved it jumps to 62,218,811. Wow! an ounce of prevention is worth much more than a pound of cure. That's for sure.

Happy Veteran's day everyone. If you get the chance, stop and thank a vet. for giving you the freedom you have to day.

[edit on 11-11-2005 by dbates]

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Most people have heard that more than 2,000 American G.I.’s have been killed in the nonstop meat grinder of Iraq.

Here you go again with your over embellishments. You sound just like the people we are fighting.

I’m really sick of people like using the body count as if you care about US soldiers. You see, some of us actually morn and honor these men, instead of using their deaths for political gain.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   

What do you know about Jihad anyway?

Do you know the meaning of this word at all?

What do you know about The Prophet?

Apart from the Islamo-Bashing Crap the US-Neo-Con-Sponsored-Media is Serving you?

You are a Puppet on a String - but you do not know that.

Sad.

[edit on 11/11/05 by Souljah]

So, you are saying that you have indeed submitted to the will of Allah. But I asked you if you were a Jihadist. Allah's one true prophet Mohammed was willing to kill or die for his beliefs. Are you? Are you not told that the West is full of those who need to be saved from oppression and are being led down the path to hell? Does not the human race need to be saved from such vileness?

What do YOU know of Jihad?

Mohammed was a true prophet whose words have not been twisted. The prophet Moses had his words twisted. The prophet Jesus had his words twisted as well. Jesus did not turn the other cheek because he was a real prophet and we know what real prophets are, yes? Is that not what you have been told? Mohammed commanded armies as a prophet. He killed in battle and was not afraid to die. Even when most of his army retreated, he stayed in battle hacking away at the limbs and necks of the infidels. His army had seen that he did not run and returned to the battle and overcame their enemies.

What do YOU know of the Prophet?

Look in a mirror and see who the real puppet is, mate.

"But those who study Islamic Holy War will understand why Islam wants to conquer the whole world. Those who know nothing of Islam pretend that Islam counsels against war. Those (who say this) are witless. " - Ayatollah Khomeini

The US soldiers (in our all volunteer army) are fighting for their way of life. The right to live in a world of dualism and tolerance of others, where all religions can exist in harmony. A way of life called capitalism.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
And just to boot ....

Souljah, your title on this thread is misleading.

“Have you heard what’s happening to the US Military?”

Well buddy, the article you have referenced doesn’t really support your claim. The article says the Army Reserve may be strectched too thin. What about the Regular Army? OR …

The Air Force Reserve
The Air Force
The Naval Reserve
The Navy
The Marine Corps Reserve
The Marine Corps
The Army National Guard
The Air National Guard

Or any other US military unit?

The US Military is not in trouble as you would have us believe. I’ll give you the Army Reserve may be experiencing some recruiting problems and MAY be stretched kinda thin, but WE ARE AT WAR. These things are to be expected.

And I completely agree with Dbates and Dronetek! You guys rock.

But it is easy for the General to order the Departure of tens of thousands troops to Battlefield - they have to go there and fight it out. They are going to pay the price of the war, and they might loose their EVERYTHING in there.

This statement I really don’t get. It’s almost like you think our soldiers don’t know that their job is dangerous. A completely voluntary military means that EVERY SINGLE U.S. SOLDIER, AIRMAN, AND SAILOR knows what they are getting into. Yes it is very sad they had to die for something YOU don’t believe in. But stop trying to spread your propaganda filth about the Military being weak and about to crumble.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Does everyone remember the 415,000 who died in World War II. That's just the US. When you add up all countries involved it jumps to 62,218,811. Wow! an ounce of prevention is worth much more than a pound of cure. That's for sure.

Now, Now. Easy Boy - if you are going to carry all the burden on your shoulders only, you are going to break your back! I really like it when running out of Arguments, you quickly turn to the good old "we saved you in the WW2" speech. Like US soldiers were the ONLY ones to Sacrifice their lives in this War. My Nation of Yugoslavia also payed the Price of 300,000 Soldiers (My Grandfather Included!) + 800,000 Civilans, which accounts 1,100,000 total Casualties. Lets Remember them! Or the Soviet Union, where 10,400,000 Soldiers Died and 12,600,000 Civilans! If you ask ME, THEY payed the Bigger Price of this War then US and all other Allied Countries Combined.

But they are Not Relevant, right?

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
lets just say dat without the U.S. the world be at WW5 by now. the U.S. has been involved in many conflicts since the end of WW2. police action if you will that fought in Korea, Vietnam, Panama, Iraq, Somalia, Bosnia, Kosovo and Gulf War 2. the U.S. keeps the conflicts from spreading far and wide. because we as a superpower have learned back in the past about being isolated and prefer to let other nations deal with the situation but it seems America is always needed. remember America's failure to join the League of Nations? remember France and Britain could do nothing to deal with Nazi Germany? remember appeasement by Chamberlain in 1938? dat isolationist in America cost us hundreds of thousands of lives to reverse the tide of evil and to defeat the Axis. if we are to learn from out mistakes we need to get involve before the cancer is spread then action is required. yes the U.S. military men and women would be sacrificed, but it is the military which is created to fight wars. wen we see conflicts dat happens far away and beyond our ocean we tend to believe it wont reach us but in reality oceans dont protect us now in the present. no matter how much the U.S. military is forced to fight or how thin our forces are. the U.S. has to fight to save lives. u may dink dat lives are being wasted in Iraq along with civilians are getting killed but dat pales in comparison if we withdraw. wat happens if Al Qaeda gets ahold of Iraq and turns into another Afghanistan stronghold and builds camps...wat then. another 9/11? possibly. then we have to go back all over again but dis time Al Qaeda has gotten stronger since the takeover of Iraq and dat would lead to more losses. best to help the Iraqis build up an effective fighting force to prevent Al Qaida from gaining a hold of Iraq, even if it means more time and sacrifice until the job is done and the U.S. military can go home.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   

What do YOU know of Jihad?

What exactly do you know about Jihad? You seem to make it sound as if its bad thing, why is that?

Have you already given your vow of submission to Allah and his one true prophet?
What do YOU know of the Prophet?

Erm, Allah send 25 prophets and Muhammad was the final one. He is in no way the only true prophet.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by shire19
What exactly do you know about Jihad? You seem to make it sound as if its bad thing, why is that?

I mentioned Islamic Jihadists.

You would be an Islamic Jihadist if you feel that you should kill those who threaten to corrupt Islam. I do not refer to the people of Islam who like freedom of speech, dualsim, and generally getting along with all religions. I refer to those who refuse to get along with anyone other than followers of what they consider the true Islam.

I am sure you know of which I speak. Every religion has a similar group. Very militant and take the words literally.

Jihad when taken as a concept like "War on Sin" or War on Poverty" is not what I am talking about. You know this already, though.

Which version of jihad are YOU referring to and why do you feel it is good?

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Which version of jihad are YOU referring to and why do you feel it is good?

Islamic Jihadists or also known as Mujahideens are still true Muslims that are undergoing Jihad which means struggle or to strive, wheter it be family problems, physical/mental problems, spirtual problems or trying to find your way back to Allah. Bassically any problem a Muslim faces in life and tries hard to over-conquer it and not give up makes him a Mujahideen.

These extremists (better word of naming these terrorists) are still practising the same Jihad in the Qu'ran in way but are going the wrong way about it, if one is oppressed or his religion is threatened, he is allowed to fight back, the unprovoked methods they are using though is not allowed (the ones targetting innoncents that are not directly involved in the war).

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by shire19

These extremists (better word of naming these terrorists) are still practising the same Jihad in the Qu'ran in way but are going the wrong way about it, if one is oppressed or his religion is threatened, he is allowed to fight back, the unprovoked methods they are using though is not allowed.

Thank you for your thoughts on the mujahideen. I don't have a problem with using your term. I don't have a problem with the allowed jihad that you described at all. I do have a problem with those who want my head removed on video for use as a recruiting tool or those who want me dead because I dare to have a constitution or a form of government other than the one described in the Qu'ran.

I will call them extremists from here on out

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join