It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Politics: Could the Green Party win a seat next election?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
We all know an Election is on the way. I expect the Liberal party to lose some seats thanks to the sponsorship scandal.
So where are these seats going to go to?
In Quebec those who voted Liberal in the past may decide to vote for the Bloc Québécois.
In Alberta the Conservatives have all the seats already.
It is unlikely Liberal voters in Ontario will vote Conservative. I can say the same for B.C.

In my opinion the seats that the Liberals will lose are going to go to the NDP and the Green Party.

Last election the Green Party gained 3% of the popular vote.

Will we see a 'Green seat' in 2006?

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The Atlantic, the forgotten region.

To answer your question, I highly doubt it. The Green Party thay is. If Layton lays off and lets Martin call an election I see the Libs losing some seats to the NDP and we'll be in the same boat as we were before the election.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
The Atlantic, the forgotten region.

I'm a born Newfoundlander living in Alberta.
Sorry I didn't include the Atlantic provinces in my 'analysis' I also didn't include the bulk of the prairies and the territories. The provinces I mentioned take up 245 of the 308 seats.
How do you think Nova Scotia will vote?

To answer your question, I highly doubt it. The Green Party thay is. If Layton lays off and lets Martin call an election I see the Libs losing some seats to the NDP and we'll be in the same boat as we were before the election.

In my opinion we are going to be in the same boat after the new election. People who have voted Liberal in the past are mad at the Liberal party, but I don't think they are going to Vote for the Conservatives.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Man, I wish I could tell you how NS is going to vote but I've only been home once in the last 6 years. A guess then, NS may elect MP's from all three of the major parties. They have roots with the NDP, they're not happy with the Cons. provincial party but how will that play out on the federal level? Then there's the Libs.

Tough one to call.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I think many who vote for Green do so as a protest to the big parties.

In my opinion many Canadians are angry at the Liberal Party but don't want to be governed by the Conservatives or the Bloc. Those who choose to vote no matter what will go to the polls in protest. Last election the Green party gained 3% of the popular vote. That is a big jump for a party like Green. I wouldn't be surprised if they wind up with a seat from the next election.

new topics

top topics

join