It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

weired creature atacking farmers in South Africa

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
This is a fairly old thread, but i cant help myself giving my opinion about this.

All things being said about him not giving any sources or alledgedly insulting folks here on the forum, you cannot discard this guy's story because his english is poor or because he doesnt give a source. There have been reports of "lizard people" all across North America and Asia, so i cant see why there shouldnt be any reptoids out in Africa. Yes, for me, these "lizard people" seem to be reptilian humanoids, the ones David Icke and John Rhodes talk about, allthough their opinions about them differ. They are very real to me, and to a lot of people here on ATS, i'm sure.

Yet, the thing about how he found a "scale" was just pure made-up propaganda for making his story sound more fantastic. The fact that he admits that it was a fake, backs this even more up. In my opinion, these creatures dont lose scales unless theyre being wounded. They dont have a scaly skin like fish have, i think it would be more something of a "bony" than of a "scaly" skin type.

But, this again seems to be another false story about things wich are probably true. I dont believe what he says, but i do believe that there are reptilians living (underground?) in Africa. This guy is just like those youtube videos on Bush or any other famous politician being a reptoid ( proof that Bush is an alien!! Pause a lot!! ), you know, the ones where you supposedly see his slit eyes or his "reptilian tongue", while its just a trick of the light or somebodys overactive imagination.

This type of hoaxes ones again make the people who do believe in reptoids look like idiots.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Lizardmen lol just reminds me of argonians from the elder scrolls video game =) hahaha

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
If you didnt have so many spelling mistakes, I'd find it easier for me to be interested in this post.
But come on now, if you want people to listen to what you have to say, and possibly use you as a source of information. At least use spell check.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by scrugg

I just don't think he is going to reply, see his last logindate was November 13th 2005, 3 days after he joined ATS. He either got debukned hardcore and got embarassed, or the Lizardmen got him before he could spill anymore beans.

-Jimmy-

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Salanthus
yea draconians don't exist sorry
do you even know where the name draconian comes from?
just a question have you ever seen one?
if you ever do see one take a picture and post it then I might believe you

I'm sorry, I don't believe you. If he posts a photo of a Draconian, you might believe him? No, I think you would just come up with excuses why it is fake like all other non-believers.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
i have one question... are you smoking any form of drugs? heroin, crack coc aine? maybe popping acid? i think you should stop doing this cos you messing up your brain...

I live in SA you noob and i have never heard of this lizard man, i seriously believe it to be in your little pin head.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by suib101

I am visiting South Africa from the U.S.A. I would like to know more about this, and if there is anything that I can help with I will be here until at least 01/20/09

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

It's funny to see this thread up here again.

It's obvious from the responses from the OP - or at least the lack thereof - that this was nonsense.
Edit to add: Take note when the OP started the thread, made his promises and when he last replied...

I've lived in SA all my life and I've never heard of this Lizard man. You'll notice that I'm especially interested in Cryptozoolgy, so if there was a "Lizard Man" chances would be very good that I would know about it. A simple Google search will show that there isn’t anything available on this topic (or at least how it’s described by the OP in this thread).

Simply enjoy your visit to South Africa. An imaginary Lizard Man should be the last thing on your mind. The "normal" fauna and flora is weird and wonderful as it is.

If you are interested in the Mythical Beasts of South Africa, you could always start with the Tokkelosh and work your way to other water spirits.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by suib101
...have you ever heard of a "poesklap" wich you will get soon.

LOL!!!! Now theres a word I never thought I'd see on this forum. I agree with GemWolf, if there was even a hint of a rumour, the You & Huis Genoot magazines would have been all over it like a rash.

Complete rubbish I'm sure but very entertaining.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Shew being South African myself I can assure you that there are MANY a "thing" that can make you its lunch if you wonder off to far... interesting indeed!

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I don't care about lizard man or diction or racism in Swaheeli So.
Bumfraken Leprachan you post another hard to read solid block of
letters like that I won't read it either.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
The Inutlo?
www.monstropedia.org...#
There are no extensive or detailed descriptions of Intulo, the legendery lizard-man of both Xhosha and Zulu folklore. Most contempory visual accounts speak only of a lizard-like creature with human characteristics, a single vague sentance that leaves more questions in regard to this being's physical attributes than it answers.

Neverthless, this does not deter speculation among eager modern monster hunters who seem convinced that this infamous figure of the myths of the Nguni(a S.Eastern arm of the greater Bantu family and common ancestors of both the Xhosha and Zulu) mythology, is actually an unusal primate of some kind that displays certain strongly pronounced bizare reptillian phsyical characteristics, making him a distant relative of the elusive gator-men that are said by some to dwell in the swamps of the U.S.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Well, I think the lizardman ate him.
I found a neat picture, but I don't know how to link it.
[edit on 12/31/2009 by zachi]

[edit on 12/31/2009 by zachi]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
South africa?
Lizards?
How come this wasn't mentioned in this thread?

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
If this is true then the mixing of genetic tissue occured somewhere in the realm of dark projects -we smell their essence from afar-. Hope they taste sweet lol.

[edit on 12/31/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
In poor rural area of South Africa you sometimes still hear locals talk superstitiously about the Inyoka (Zulu for Snake) as men, witchdoctors or beings to be feared.

The term is also often used in similar a context to the term tsotsi (Gangster). I'm sorry I don't really have anything more than anecdote to contribute here, but as far as I know the word exists in some form within most if not all of the bantustan languge groupings of the country.

Many members of the black population regard this as nothing more than superstition however there are a great deal of superstitious people in South Africa (HIV/AIDS treatment myths, belief in the tokoloshe and of course the demand for Muti which is displayed by the creepy and hard to believe Muti murders.)

The point to note is that the word as a concept denoting more than your average bush snake is deeply ingrained in their language.

As far as the OP's orginal post goes I would be skeptical indeed. Despite the alarming farm murders and their particualr savagery, your average white farmer in South Africa would experience very little internal debate
before deciding an to unload on anything bipedal approaching him in a threatening manner at 3 am in the morning.

www.youtube.com...

The youtube video above is from an old eskom ad about 7 years ago.

Here they are playing on the concept to suggest that only Inyoka (the snakes) would steal the copper wiring for electricity.

Eskom is the national power provider in South Africa, however you would quickly find that the population - black, white and coloured. Would regard Eskom as the Inyoka.

Peace

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by suib101

And to the crittic who said this is a racist proppaganda stuff you man have you ever been to my country and have you ever heard of a "poesklap" wich you will get soon. To the rest of the belivers we will send in fotos and a vid or 2 but we are not going to put it in if we are also abit sceptical of the
footige.

"poesklap"

I can't believe you said that! Not cool, man....This is ATS not Belville!

footige.

*footage*

This might help you. www.iespell.com...

[edit on 23/01/2010 by jinx880101]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Okay, first a bit of my background...

I was born and bred in South Africa, and my ancestors goes back to the 1700's in South Africa. My first language is Afrikaans. Most of my family are farmers in South Africa, sheep farmers in the Karoo, irrigation, sheep, cattle, and horse farmers in the Norther Cape/Kalahari. I have always had quite an interrest in the paranormal / conspiracies, etc. because I believe that a politician lies as soon as his lips start moving, so I am always trying to look for the complete truth.

I came across this link while looking for something completely unrelated.

My comments on the story....

I have not come across any such creature in common folklore nor in the news, or even in the alternative communities. The most scary character from the tribal folklore is the Tokkelosh which is a small, dwarflike entity, something similar to an evil gremlin. He is so short that they put their beds on bricks so he can walk unhindered under the bed, so I doubt that he will be able to eat a human (or half a human). He has no lizzard-like features....

Besides crocodiles (which lives in or near water - no big water bodies in the Karoo that have crocodiles) the largest lizzard likely to be found in the Karoo is a (likkewaan in Afrikaans) type of monitor lizard, much smaller than a fully grown crocodile, too small to attack and eat a human being. So whatever the OP is talking about is not a normal animal and/or lizard. It would not be a lion as the farmers that were attack knows what a lion looks like, their tracks are easy to identify, I doubt there are any free roaming lions left in SA and most are find either in Game reserves or game farms. There are still free roaming Leopards around, but again, farmers know leopards. A leopard is big enough to take down a man, but not to eat half a man in a period of a day or two.

I would be interested to look into the OPs findings if he can supply more accurate dates, maybe names, or more details about where in the Karoo the attacks took place. Surely if they have a team tracking or looking for this creature, then they must have a bit more details about it, maybe photographs of the footprints, not to mention the scale... Come to think of it, larger lizzards don't easily shed scales while alive. E.g. you are not likely to pick up scales of a crocodile or monitor lizzard even when you know where they live, eat, or breed. Can we assume that the scale came off when the creature was attacked by somebody? The government suppresses the story and threaten the investigators... that I don't believe. If that is the case, would the government of SA not rather suppress the stories of their police force attacking citizens, or the fraud and corruption that their own members of parliament commit... what does the government stand to gain by suppressing this story? Everybody knows their views on the different races in SA, they are quite eager to publicly admit that they don't like white people, you can just read all the comments made by the youth league of the ANC lead government. I believe that if the government knew about a creature that would only eat white people, they would start breeding them in large farms commercially! They would have backorders from guys like Robert Mugabe!!

On a more serious note... Personally I think the story is a hoax, but if the OP can supply more information I would give him the benefit of the doubt.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Those who say that there is no South African legends of lizard men obviously have not listened to Zulu shaman Credo Mutwa.

But then David Icke interviewed him, so I guess he has no credibility.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join