It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Says Sonic Booms Can't Be Seen..., See it to believe it.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Here is the link

LINK

In it notice the F-14 going supersonic just 300 ft above sea level.. although the end is a little bit sad. The thing I like about this is the sonic booms.. DAM IT COOOOL!!!

Go to the above link and then you will find "movie download f-14 supersonic" right click on it and then save target as and then save...

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Looks like he over boosted the speed abit lol

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Looks like he bailed out in time... I wonder exactly what went wrong..

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Of course they can be seen.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by fox3
Who Says Sonic Booms Can't Be Seen..., See it to believe it.

1. Actually, noone says that

2. Its not the sonic boom you can see, it´s its effect on humidity (Thats why almost all of these shots are taken over sea)

[edit on 11/11/2005 by Lonestar24]

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Of course they can be seen.

There is an idiot in a forum I frequent who says we can't see it. Guess he is eating his words now.

ANyway can some one tell me what exactly happened to cause it to blow up in the end ? fuel tank rupture due to strain?

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by fox3

There is an idiot in a forum I frequent who says we can't see it. Guess he is eating his words now.

Anyway can some one tell me what exactly happened to cause it to blow up in the end ? fuel tank rupture due to strain?

Yes, it's very hard to se it, but that doesn't mean that it's impossible... The fact is that it happends in a split second, wich means that it's very hard to notice, but for a well-trained eye it shouldn't be a problem... Now, how do you think they got the boom on the picture... They had to know when to press at the "picture taking button".... besides, I have seen many videos where this bbom is being shown, with out slow motion...

NR

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Yes, it's very hard to se it, but that doesn't mean that it's impossible... The fact is that it happends in a split second, wich means that it's very hard to notice, but for a well-trained eye it shouldn't be a problem... Now, how do you think they got the boom on the picture... They had to know when to press at the "picture taking button".... besides, I have seen many videos where this bbom is being shown, with out slow motion...

Agree with what you said. They also have a timer with them which indicates how long it would take before the sonic-boom blast and of course coomunication towards the jetfighter. But the easiest way to do this is just have a recording camera and just watch it do its thing. For those who havent seen this, IRIAF F-14 going sonic boom which was obviously above 300 feet of ground....

[edit on 12-11-2005 by NR]

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Here you can find some cool pictures of sonic booms

link

Check out the F-4 one

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Here you can find some cool pictures of sonic booms

link

Check out the F-4 one

Pretty low...

But I've give alot of money if I could see the Sr-71 do that trick...

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 04:37 AM
link   
An to everybody who think that sonic boomb can't be spotted with the naked eye, THINK AGAIN!!!Here's some proof, it's an F-14 wich does it, yes, in the end it's slow motion, but when it happends the first time it's not on anykind of slower frame rate...

THINK AGAIN

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I don't think anyone can see a sonic boom, I also don't think that anyone can see sound....or a boom.

What you see is the effect that the boom and the shockwave have on the humidity and water surrounding the aircraft.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Exactly... But that is what we call a sionic boom...

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
For the third time, you CANNOT and will NEVER see a sonic boom on ordinary film or with your own eyes. The sonic boom is precisely the audible component of the shockwave generated by flying at or passing the sound barrier. Under some conditions you might be able the catch the shockwave on film, but it is too fst to be seen with the naked eye. IAlso for the third time, the cloud we see in some shots is a certain effect of this shockwave on a specific amount of humidity in the air. It has nothing to do with the action itself, it is a result.

The ONLY sonic boom you can see is Guile´s special move, two seconds away and then to the enemy while pushing any "punch" button
Man, I loved this game...

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 01:30 AM
link   
www.dag-nabit.com...

this is a tomcat breaking the sound barrier, i hope no ones posted it yet

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Those aren't sonic booms. Unless a P-3 can go supersonic, because I've seen the exact same effect around a P-3 Orion, and they are DEFINATELY not supersonic planes. Those planes are in the transonic range, shortly before going supersonic. The fighters are still accelerating which is why it happens so close to going supersonic.

If the original video is the one I think it is, they had just replaced the engine, and were doing a functional test flight to verify if it worked, and when they went supersonic, the engine exploded.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Those aren't sonic booms. Unless a P-3 can go supersonic, because I've seen the exact same effect around a P-3 Orion, and they are DEFINATELY not supersonic planes. Those planes are in the transonic range, shortly before going supersonic. The fighters are still accelerating which is why it happens so close to going supersonic.

If the original video is the one I think it is, they had just replaced the engine, and were doing a functional test flight to verify if it worked, and when they went supersonic, the engine exploded.

Well what do you think about my video, the one where the F-14 goes supersonic...

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ausconspiracies
www.dag-nabit.com...

this is a tomcat breaking the sound barrier, i hope no ones posted it yet

Good one...
yes, I love the Tomcat...
especially when it breaks the sound barrier...

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 04:54 AM
link   
It's the exact same thing. If you watch all of these pictures, they're out over the ocean. The humidity in the air causes it. It's just before they break the sound barrier.

"Because these clouds tend to be seen when the aircraft flies at near-sonic speeds, it is frequently said that they "visualize shock waves" or are due to the aircraft "bursting through the sound barrier". Neither statement is true, although the second at least suggests that the phenomena occurs in the near sonic or, in the language of aerodynamics, transonic, regime. The point of this page is to give a short, non-technical discussion of the physical origins of this phenomenon.

The clouds appear for the same reason that clouds always form, namely, that the air has cooled to the point that the ambient water vapor condenses. Flows around bodies and wings always change the temperature and pressure of the fluid. It is well known that lift is caused by pressure differences on top or bottom of a wing or body so that it ought to be obvious that the pressure varies from point to point in a flow around an object. The fact that the temperature changes can be seen by noting that most fluid flows and nearly every aerodynamic flow are frictionless. In the language of thermodynamics, the flow is said to be reversible or loss-free. As a result the entropy of the flow is a constant and the temperature (T) at each point in the flow is necessarily related to the pressure (p) as follows:"

fluidmech.net...

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
It's the exact same thing. If you watch all of these pictures, they're out over the ocean. The humidity in the air causes it. It's just before they break the sound barrier.

"Because these clouds tend to be seen when the aircraft flies at near-sonic speeds, it is frequently said that they "visualize shock waves" or are due to the aircraft "bursting through the sound barrier". Neither statement is true, although the second at least suggests that the phenomena occurs in the near sonic or, in the language of aerodynamics, transonic, regime. The point of this page is to give a short, non-technical discussion of the physical origins of this phenomenon.

The clouds appear for the same reason that clouds always form, namely, that the air has cooled to the point that the ambient water vapor condenses. Flows around bodies and wings always change the temperature and pressure of the fluid. It is well known that lift is caused by pressure differences on top or bottom of a wing or body so that it ought to be obvious that the pressure varies from point to point in a flow around an object. The fact that the temperature changes can be seen by noting that most fluid flows and nearly every aerodynamic flow are frictionless. In the language of thermodynamics, the flow is said to be reversible or loss-free. As a result the entropy of the flow is a constant and the temperature (T) at each point in the flow is necessarily related to the pressure (p) as follows:"

fluidmech.net...

AAAAH, OK, but my head tells me that I've seen fotage when this happends above "ordinary" ground... Is my head finally cracking or what...??

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join