It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: Military Studies Ways To Predict or Even Influence Weather

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Recent weather that has affected the U.S. coast in the form of hurricanes and other severe weather incidents has scientists looking at ways of predicting and even controlling the weather. Military officials as well as weather altering scientists are now showing interest in ways to better gauge, react and possibly control the weather, possiblily making it into a weapon. This is not the first time the military has shown some interest with weather, in1996 a seven person team of military officers presented a paper called " Weather as a Force Multiplier: Owning the Weather in 2025" which looked at future weather altering ideas and scenarios.

www.msnbc.msn.com
The one-two hurricane punch from Katrina and Wilma, along with predictions of more severe weather in the future, has scientists pondering ways to save lives, protect property and possibly even control the weather.

In fact, military officials and weather modification experts could be on the verge of joining forces to better gauge, react to and possibly nullify future hostile forces churned out by Mother Nature.

While some consider the idea farfetched, some military tacticians have already pondered ways to turn weather into a weapon.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Well I think we all knew it would come someday when man could control the weather but I dont like the idea of the military being involved in the process. I do agree that for man to survive on earth we do need to get a handle on the weather but we also need alot of research done on the cause and effects of this kind of science.

[edit on 10-11-2005 by North Rider]

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I do agree that for man to survive on earth we do need to get a handle on the weather but we also need alot of research done on the cause and effects of this kind of science.

Cause and effect? Stop messing with the envrionment (now, by the way). Take the beating that mother nature gives us and our children for the next century or two, and suffer the many deaths from nature we've brought upon ourselfs. Then when things finally sort themselves out, start living in harmony with nature, like we're supposed to.

Its pretty simple if you ask me, its just going to take some time. Its not a matter of doing something, its a matter of doing nothing.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Controlling the enviroment in all aspects is a higher level of civilization. Mankind can no longer just rely on his home to shelter him from the elements as the population continues to boom and resources dwindle.

Either we move forward and get a grip on climate stability or we collapse and roll back to the horse and buggy days. Considering the current levels of society would die off with out electricity and/or modern transportation, moving forward toward total climate and ecological control the logical course.

new topics

join