It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Suspicious Car Sparks Terror Fears in Colorado

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
A car parked near the city hall of Denver, Colorado suburb Arvada was found to contain a large propane tank. The driver was seen fleeing the area with a large duffel bag, according to reports. The city hall has been evacuated and the bomb squad called in and is using a robotic device to inspect the car more carefully.

www.thedenverchannel.com
ARVADA, Colo. -- The Arvada City Administration Building was evacuated Thursday morning after the driver of a car carrying propane tanks abandoned the vehicle near the building.

Police said the man grabbed a duffel bang and ran from the 1986 Chrysler hatchback after parking it near the building shortly before 7 a.m.

Everyone in the building, including police, were ordered to leave.

The Jefferson County bomb squad was called to the scene.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It's probably nothing, but better safe than sorry. I guess Colorado is especially sensitive to this type of thing since propane-fueled bombs were used in the Columbine school attacks.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
They have a bomb squad robot investigating the car at the moment. There is a live feed going on FoxNews at this time
edited for spelling grr....

also to add the man had a duffle bag and the police are still looking for him

[edit on 10-11-2005 by kenshiro2012]

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The man ran? This is definately suspicious. I hope they get this one.

This one is mighty fishy. I hope they evacuate the elementary school across the street!

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Here is a still capture of the car.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Is it that uncommon to carry a propane tank? I mean we have done it when it was time for a refill. Now him running away might be suspicious but you know how people exaggerate things.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Fox just showed a view of the Propane tank and I could be wrong, but it appears the rear seat back has been removed and if I am right that is not your normal propane tank used for grills. It looked to me like a larger size used to fuel house trailers.

Has anyone else noticed this?

[edit on 11/10/2005 by shots]

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The fear and paranoia...

When I used to live in Taiwan, there are propane tanks everywhere because it was used to power older models of stoves and ovens and no one was afraid. It's such a shame that there are so much fear pumped into people's hearts.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Yes, it would be interesting to see just how large this propane tank is.
I have been known to buy propane occasionaly for the bbq.

The running may not have been related to the propane tank after all..maybe the guy went to buy it for personal use, and ran because he had warrants or something else

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Darn Fox cut away to cover the presidents stupid news conference

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Darn Fox cut away to cover the presidents stupid news conference

Yep, and now they went to commercial

We want to see the car blow up live and in high-definition!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
too many news stories to follow and they are driving me nuts with national coverage. CNN just showed a bomb sqad person approaching then cut away to a commercial. Is anyone in Denver able to see the local coverage? I am sure it is much better than national.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
the number one rule in news media is to show commerical products.
it shows how news media would move to a break before going back to a supposedly serious situation. im not surprise things like dis happens.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
They just had a guy go up near the car, they must not really think it's a bomb. Probably the driver is going to come back soon and say "what the
did you do to my car!?!?!?!"

[edit on 11/10/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
That sure does not look like a normal propane tank to me it clearly goes under the hatch in the trunk has to be one of the bigger ones. Hope that sucker does not go off

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
That sure does not look like a normal propane tank to me it clearly goes under the hatch in the trunk has to be one of the bigger ones. Hope that sucker does not go off

You're right there, it certainly is a large tank, just saw a good shot of it on FOX.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I live in the N/W corner of Arizona.
An area mostly desert, but populated by small towns just about everywhere.

Natural gas supply lines do not run out to the larger pieces of property or ranches due to the high costs of bringing a main supply line in.

Most folks opt for a large on-the-ground propane tank and have a truck refill every 30-60 days.

Other people bring in 15-20 gallon tanks to the local propane supply houses.

It's not uncommon - but highly stupid - to see people hauling these large tanks inside a car.
A disaster waiting to happen imho.

I saw a gal in a hatchback car pull into the propane place where I was getting the 5 gallon gas BBQ tank refilled.
She had a 20 gallon tank inside.
It stretched from trunk sill to the rear of the front seat.

The guy doing the filling told me it was common for people to bring the big tanks in, inside cars.
He thought it was a little spooky as well.

I think - and hope - that's what we'll find is going on here.

[edit on 10-11-2005 by Desert Dawg]

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Tank looks like a 40 perhaps 30# as shown below.

wow I take that back once the got the trunk open that sucker looks like at least a 100 #

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Shots you maybe right in regards to the tanks that the cops have removed but if you look at the latest videos, there looks to be a fairly large white cylindar still in the car.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Maybe the guy is running the car off of propane, and that's why the tank is so big?

Still cause for concern IMO.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
Shots you maybe right in regards to the tanks that the cops have removed but if you look at the latest videos, there looks to be a fairly large white cylindar still in the car.

What are you watching a different feed then the rest of the world the cops have not removed anything from the car that I have seen. All they have done is inspect the one tank or I missed something

top topics

<<   2 >>

join