It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rand Corp.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Hello All !!
This is my first post so bear with me.......could someone explain the nature and "mission" of the Rand Corp. ??? I have read their diatribe on their site but I am sure thats not telling me anything not already known.....just what the hell do they do and for whom??

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

The RAND Corporation is an American think tank first formed to offer research and analysis to the U.S. military. The organization has since expanded to working with other governments and commercial organizations. RAND has around 1600 employees based at six sites: Santa Monica (California), Arlington (Virginia), Pittsburgh (Pennsylvania), and in Europe: Leiden (The Netherlands), Berlin (Germany) and Cambridge (United Kingdom). Some consider the corporation's name to be a contraction of the phrase "Research ANd Development". (Gen. Curtis LeMay quipped that RAND meant "Research And No Development".)

you can do a couple of searches on Google to find out more about Rand. but i hope dis helps a little.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Well well...does'nt that figure.......a Gov think-tank......that just gets the suspicion going.........maybe their name also stands for:
Research and No Disclosure

join