It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Republican Party the home of Terrorism?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Have to agree with Yorga's assessment of Bush. I supported him twice hoping a lot of these things would get taken care of. The really sad thing for the country is that as bad as Bush has turned out, he is still better than the other guys - Gore (now a madman) and Kerry (disappeared to where ever he came from) - he ran against.
In your heart of hearts you know they wouldn't have done any better.
That's the really sad thing ...

I'm right with you there, Yorga and Centurion1211. In fact, I pretty much have gone far and away from party politics because I have realized that both political parties are virtually the same in the one thing that really matters, corruption. This stain of corruption renders anything either of these political parties do as suspect and likely not in the best interest of the people.

I personally feel that it is impossible to get elected to a State or National office unless you are already corrupt and have already been bought. I have seen nothing to refute this belief and don't expect to. The selfish "me, me, me" philosophies and attitudes of the baby boomers have finally aged into the positions of power and it's still "me, me, me".

As much as I hate to admit it, this country and its system of government may have already been poisoned too much for it to be saved in it's current form. No, I don't have any better ideas or system to offer, but I know that no system can function for long when those who are supposed to be maintaining the system take every opportunity to circumvent it and exclude themselves from it.

Like I've said in other threads. I voted for Republicans in the last two elections. They have proved undeserving of my support or my vote. The Democrats are just plain repugnant to me, so I have no choice but to vote independant or anti-incumbant from now on.

If I had my way, I would see every single member of Congress and the peons who do their dirty work voted out. I think that is about the only hope our country has to recover from the damage of the past 60 years. Wipe the slate clean. Destroy the old boys clubs and power cliques in Washington. Get rid of these power drunk elitist morons who have been screwing our country for 30 years or more. Get rid of the "career" politicians. It's our only hope.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Great sig JKersteJr! So true, what Caesar said.

Democrats should love Bush, he's all for abortion, gun control and brainchips.

Tip: Look at what he's doing, not at what he's saying.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SwearBear

BINGO!!! Dingdingding, we have a winner here!

That's one of the major reasons why, as a conservative, I did not vote for him.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SwearBear

I agree almost entirely with the exception of gun control.

He didn't re-sign the ban on assault rifles when it came before him, which imho, would have made it moderately harder for "terrorist" groups to get them once they came here with Bush' open border practices.

He's definately liberal when it comes to spending.

Our national debt "cap" has been raised 4 times in our history, 3 of which were under the "leadership" of dubbya.

Also, anyone who thinks we are safe/safer because of Bush is in serious need of actually investigating that hypothesis.

Everywhere I turn (CNN,FOX,ABC,NBC,CBS,INTERNET,etc....) I hear another study showing that in fact, we are no safer now than pre 9/11, we've just got a little fewer civil rights.

Nuclear powerplants still go inadequately defended, borders are still a joke, and the list goes on and on.

Maybe the reason we havn't seen another 9/11 type event is because those in power havn't tried it again.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
if the Democrats take control of the govt. imagine wat would happen. more spending and lesser defense of the homeland. our worse nightmare.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
if the Democrats take control of the govt. imagine wat would happen. more spending and lesser defense of the homeland. our worse nightmare.

The conservative CATO Institute think tank worked through the defense numbers and found that only sixteen percent of defense spending was going towards the War on Terror. To imagine Democrats doing less for home defense is to fool one's self.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Sounds exactly like what's happening, except the more spending part, I don't think that's possible.

Remember, the last "democratic" president gave us a budget surplus, that's right, SUR-PLUS.

That means we were paying off our national debt not increasing it so badly that the cap needed to be raised 3 times under one president.

Seriously, stop feeding off of political stereotypes and look at the records and actions (maybe use a spellchecker too
).

Again, we are no safer today then on 9/10.

[edit on 11/11/05 by redmage]

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Although you would think 'people wouldn't accpet another attack', i think ENOUGH would and that's all it takes.

Look at the last election, only a quarter of the nation was needed to put Bush back in power.

If America stage another Terror attack, the Bible belt will be back behind Bush and the GOP will get that 25% of the votes it needs again.

And he's always got the Diebold machines still rigged from the last election for those couple tricky states.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis

Although you would think 'people wouldn't accpet another attack', i think ENOUGH would and that's all it takes.

Absolutely, ENOUGH would, just as ENOUGH did and ENOUGH continue to.

If America stage another Terror attack, the Bible belt will be back behind Bush and the GOP will get that 25% of the votes it needs again.

And he's always got the Diebold machines still rigged from the last election for those couple tricky states.

Unfortunately both of those statements are true IMO.

I don't think it would be 'big' though, more on the scale of the suicide bombings and car bombings we get in Iraq, Bali and well.. now Jordan

Still too big. I wonder if this means they will be orchestrating another attack? or they will simply wait for it to happen and sit idly by while it does?

[edit on 12-11-2005 by ekul08]

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 02:36 AM
link   
beware!

the truth

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
The truth is in the eye of the beholder.

I behold the honest truth, the truth my heart tells me. The truth as i view it, is not your truth.

And thats the truth

[edit on 12-11-2005 by dgtempe]

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
The truth is in the eye of the beholder.

I behold the honest truth, the truth my heart tells me. The truth as i view it, is not your truth.

And thats the truth

i hope you followed THIS LINK.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join