It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Republican Party the home of Terrorism?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   
So are the republicans really Al Ciada?

www.capitolhillblue.com...

A confidential memo circulating among senior Republican leaders suggests that a new attack by terrorists on U.S. soil could reverse the sagging fortunes of President George W. Bush as well as the GOP and "restore his image as a leader of the American people."

*SNIP*

“The President’s popularity was at an all-time high following the 9/11 attacks,” admits one aide. “Americans band together at a time of crisis.”

*SNIP*

The memo outlines other scenarios, including:

--Capture of Osama bin Laden (or proof that he is dead);

--A drastic turnaround in the economy;

--A "successful resolution" of the Iraq war.

mod edit to shorten post of complete story

[edit on 11-11-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Seeing as how the president's approval rating has a pattern of rising following terror alerts - and terror alerts seem to come out when his approval rating is sinking, I'm inclined to agree with the theory that the administration is using the fear of the people to manipulate the support for this administration. There are many other reasons that I believe this theory as well.

Terror Alert Conspiracy Theory
Infamous Terror Alert Chart
(Interesting... many places I looked to see the chart, it's disappeared, when I just saw it there a couple weeks ago.)

I also believe the current bird flu focus by the president is another attempt to get the people to rally behind him. And it's second purpose is to stuff the pockets of the pharmeceutical companies.

So, while your source doesn't name any names or show the alleged memo, I have believed this possibility for some time. I'm pretty sure an actual attack would be the last resort, but I wouldn't put it past this administration to encourage it, allow it or even carry it out. I believe they've already done something similar.

But that's just my beliefs. I'd sure like to see this memo.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
if such memo exists, how can the list says dat the Republican party is Al Qaida?

The closely-guarded memo lays out a list of scenarios to bring the Republican party back from the political brink, including a devastating attack by terrorists that could “validate” the President’s war on terror and allow Bush to “unite the country” in a “time of national shock and sorrow.”

GOP insiders who have seen the memo admit it’s a risky strategy and point out that such scenarios are “blue sky thinking” that often occurs in political planning sessions.

“The President’s popularity was at an all-time high following the 9/11 attacks,” admits one aide. “Americans band together at a time of crisis.”

Other Republicans, however, worry that such a scenario carries high risk, pointing out that an attack might suggest the President has not done enough to protect the country.

The memo outlines other scenarios, including:

--Capture of Osama bin Laden (or proof that he is dead);

--A drastic turnaround in the economy;

--A "successful resolution" of the Iraq war.

GOP memos no longer talk of “victory” in Iraq but use the term “successful resolution.”

it says nothing about the Republican party becoming Al Qaida. all it says is to take advantage of scenarios dat could help bring the President back up on his feet. as it says dat the disadvantage and advantage of terrorist attacks...if the terrorists succeeded in committing an attack on America, the Republicans hope to rally the American people to support the President, however if the terrorist attack comes..the American people would blame Bush and the GOP for failing to protect the country. as well as the list of other scenarios like success in Iraq or capture of Osama Bin Laden.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
it says nothing about the Republican party becoming Al Qaida.

That observation wasn't to be taken literally. Just commenting on how terrorism serves Republican Party goals as much as Al Qaeda.

Nothing new here. They love scaring dirt farmers about nukes in hometown USA, and overtly invigorate over terror warnings and attacks. In circular logic world, it seemingly validates their existence as strong fighters of terrorism when things go bad to worse. Sadly.

Republicans need an enemy to sell that which the populace doesn't want. It's the oldest platform in the world.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Well I think that the American public has gotten smarter since 9/11 because the terror alerts has done nothing for Bush public opinion and the bird flu the newest strategy is doing nothing either, people are more interested on the scandals in the white house now.

Perhaps a plan attack of terror in our soil will boost confident in Bush and the Republican party they have a year to do that before mid term elections in which the majority Republican senate may lose some seats and their supremacy, and can make Bush a martyr occurs at the expenses of the American public but hey . . . we all expendable. Right?

War for Profits.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I've been saying this for years now.

Although they have help. There are also some real enemies of the USA, of course. By real i mean "foreign"

When you put it all together it most definately reads like an evil plot to do away with many of us, doesnt it.

Christianity, morality and efforts to stop all abortion aside.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I for one would be WAYYYY angrier at this administration if something were to happen in this country because im sure that if it did then it would be because our borders are more open than a tijuana call girl and i hold them directly responsible for it. I will also make my opinions on this very publicly clear if a nuke were to go off in our country. That and their ineptitude for not stopping it. Needless to say i dont believe that the majority of Americans would rally around Mr. Bush if this were to happen.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Escrotumus
Needless to say i dont believe that the majority of Americans would rally around Mr. Bush if this were to happen.

Unfortunately, many who used to support Bush and his war AND those who still support this war in Iraq as the 'War on Terror', while they're losing faith in Bush, would never consider that he might actually be involved in a scheme to bolster his approval ratings or encourage people to vote Republican in '06. They just cannot believe anyone would do that. That's stuff of the leftist conspiracy 'nut jobs' to them.

Therefore IF there were a large attack, many would be reminded of why they supported Bush in the first place and would switch their loyalties right back to Bush and his war.

I know it's not logical, but that's the way people's loyalties work. Remember, individuals are smart. Groups of people are stupid.

[edit on 10-11-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Escrotumus
I for one would be WAYYYY angrier at this administration if something were to happen in this country because im sure that if it did then it would be because our borders are more open than a tijuana call girl and i hold them directly responsible for it. I will also make my opinions on this very publicly clear if a nuke were to go off in our country. That and their ineptitude for not stopping it. Needless to say i dont believe that the majority of Americans would rally around Mr. Bush if this were to happen.

I agree with this assesment, Bush and his Admin have had ample time to shore up our homeland defense and little has been done. Our borders are
a joke and the likely hood of a major terrorist attack has increased tremendously. 9/11 was a terrible shock to our collective souls and took us by surprise. We needed a strong leader to take control and assure us that everything was okay and someone would pay dearly. That will not be the case this time around. Just as he was blamed for Katrina, another attack in this country will definitely be his and the Republicans undoing. America is a matchbox ready to explode, all it needs is a spark. And let me add that I was an avid Bush supporter. Another attack on our soil will not rally me back to his side, but push me farther away.

[edit on 10-11-2005 by Yorga]

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I know it's not logical, but that's the way people's loyalties work. Remember, individuals are smart. Groups of people are stupid.

Amen, sister. And they know the masses are stupid and gulible.

mod edit to fix quote

[edit on 11-11-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yorga

I agree with this assesment, Bush and his Admin have had ample time to shore up our homeland defense and little has been done. Our borders are
a joke and the likely hood of a major terrorist attack has increased tremendously. 9/11 was a terrible shock to our collective souls and took us by surprise. We needed a strong leader to take control and assure us that everything was okay and someone would pay dearly. That will not be the case this time around. Just as he was blamed for Katrina, another attack in this country will definitely be his and the Republicans undoing. America is a matchbox ready to explode, all it needs is a spark. And let me add that I was an avid Bush supporter. Another attack on our soil will not rally me back to his side, but push me farther away.

[edit on 10-11-2005 by Yorga]

Have to agree with Yorga's assessment of Bush. I supported him twice hoping a lot of these things would get taken care of. The really sad thing for the country is that as bad as Bush has turned out, he is still better than the other guys - Gore (now a madman) and Kerry (disappeared to where ever he came from) - he ran against.

In your heart of hearts you know they wouldn't have done any better.

That's the really sad thing ...

[edit on 11/10/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Heh--I don't care what the GOP pulls, I'm still voting for a Constitution Party member if any are running in '06!

I just hope more people catch on to Bush's little scheme.

I must be one of the relatively few conservatives that believes that Bush had his dirty little fingers in the 9/11 pie....

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Have to agree with Yorga's assessment of Bush. I supported him twice hoping a lot of these things would get taken care of. The really sad thing for the country is that as bad as Bush has turned out, he is still better than the other guys - Gore (now a madman) and Kerry (disappeared to where ever he came from) - he ran against.

In your heart of hearts you know they wouldn't have done any better.

That's the really sad thing ...

I honestly dont think there is anyone that us as Americans can elect to fix our problems, both parties have been hijacked and the whole election process is now a joke to make us think we have some sort of choice. The real sad thing is that a good majority of Americans dont realize any of the corruption going on or just dont want to admit it, well maybe when evil muslim "terrorists" blow up a few city blocks and kill a thousand people or so in your hometown then you will start looking for the truth in the matter.

Do yourself a favor and go read up on the Nazi party and their methods to take over the German government and the world, Romans perpetrated some very similiar things as well, check out my signature. Power/money corrupts and history does and is repeating itself only on a potentially more dangerous scale.

[edit on 11/10/2005 by JKersteJr]

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
To be so desperate as to hope for a terror attack to bring up support shows just how low the GOP is. Sky high thinking this isn't. Its breaking through the bottom of the barrel and digging down into the grave six feet below it.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Sorry to interrupt this democrat lovefest.

But the reason there has not been another 9/11 is because of Bush and his leadership.

As much as some Democrats would love to see the destruction of the United States of America, just to blame Bush. It is because of Bush that we are stronger now than we were before 9/11.

Hating Bush is just like hating the Yankees. When you are so good for so long, people like to you see you defeated every once in a while. If it destroys America, so be it.

Last Tuesday Republicans lost nothing. Democrats gained nothing.

The Democrat that won the Governorship in Virginia took the place of a Democrat. Same thing in New Jersey.

The desperation I see is coming from Democrats. Their whole playbook is to look for perceived Republican failure and jump all over it. They cannot come up with their own ideas and have no leadership whatsoever.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
First off, I'd like to remind you that I am not a Democrat nor do I consider myself as currently part of any party. I was never really a politics type person, I'm still not all that into it, but I am forced to seek the truth after witnessing events like 9/11.

I honestly cannot fathom how you can declare that we are stronger now because of Bush, how?

Your view of the Democratic party is exactly how those in power want you to think.

Oh yea I am definately not the biggest Yankees fan but they weren't in power because they developed all their players into a great team, they bought a bunch of superstars and created a great team.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Personally i'm not a US resident but an interested observer. Does it not make sense no matter what party is in power would benefit from flagging support? You guys voted him in , until hes out you should support him. Everything that goes on surely can't be Bush's fault. Although I never hear anything good happening, is there no positives from the bush administration? Absolutely nothing?

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Sorry to interrupt this democrat lovefest.

I'm neither a Democrat nor a liberal. I'm very conservative. I'm not a neo-con--I'm a Constitution Party member.

Bush knew what was going to happen.

For the record, Bush is a closet liberal. (So I can't imagine why Democrats are complaining about him.)

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
The desperation I see is coming from Democrats. Their whole playbook is to look for perceived Republican failure and jump all over it. They cannot come up with their own ideas and have no leadership whatsoever.

Is this the only thought in your head or the only thing you've been trained to post? You post 'Democrats have no original ideas' like a broken record in threads having nothing to do with the Democratic Party as well as previously debunked opine of yours from other threads as if you weren't already called out.

Very original.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Seems to me that if you speak against Bush, you're one of Those Liberals.

I see two herds of sheeple--the Republicans, who support Bush and accuse anyone thinking otherwise of being a liberal, and the Democrats, who speak out against Bush just because they're Democrats and they're spouting their party line.

I really hope some Democrats here are actually thinking and not just spouting the party line. I'm sure there are and a few come to mind.

I'm a conservative and I support only just wars--like self-defense. I'm also an isolationist--stay out of our face, we stay out of yours.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join