It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Current Canadian government to topple

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The NDP party, which helped the Liberals get power, will be holding them responsible and calling an election.
With the Gomery report and other deeds the Liberals will soon loose power. At least we can get rid of our government without having to wait 4 years.

www.ctv.ca...

The NDP leader responsible for keeping the minority Liberal government alive earlier this year is now devising ways to topple it from power.

In an unprecedented political manoeuvre, NDP Leader Jack Layton says his party will introduce a motion on November 24 that demands the Liberals resign after the holidays and hold a February election.

Me I would rather have the election now, and not in the next year. Getting real tired of having leaders that are lawyers from Quebec. Trudeau, Mulroney, Chretian etc.

The last leader that had this happen to him was Mulroney and before him Clark. Wonder if our friends to the south wishes their Senate and Congress had this power also. I know the president can be impeached but apparently that is not an easy task.

Cannot wait for this election, if Harper wins look for more military spending and possible closer ties with the USA. And if he doesn't do a good job we ought to get rid of him also.

Power to the people!

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I posted about this subject yesterday but I'll add comments here also.
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

The NDP party didn't help the get power. The NDPs only prevented a snap election last April. Being that this is a minority government it will never last a full 4 years. The NDP isn't devising a way to topple the Liberal government. The NDP is trying to make the government work. They are trying to postpone an election until after the holidays. Many people (myself included) do not want to go to the polls on December 27th. Avoiding an election now also allows an important meeting between Martin, provincial premiers and first nation leaders.

The last leader that had this happen to him was Mulroney and before him Clark.

Brian Mulroney never had a minority government. He retired near the end of the term and was replaced by Kim Campbell as party leader, and so became prime minister.

if Harper wins look for more military spending and possible closer ties with the USA.

If Steven Harper is in charge you bet there will be closer ties to the USA. If the conservatives were in power back in 2003 we would be in Iraq. If the conservatives were in power we would be on board with the US in Ballistic Missile Defence. Basically anything America would want Canada to do, we would be doing it.

Power to the people!

An election is needed we have a corrupt government and the people need to vote on our future.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

join