posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 11:32 AM
Since it is election time, and this thread is about said elections, I thought it would be a great time to revisit some campaign quotes of the past:
1. "Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country."
--President George W. Bush
2. "You said something I didn't say. Now shove it!" --Teresa Heinz Kerry, telling off a reporter
3. "You bet we might have." --Sen. John Kerry, asked if he would have gone to war against Saddam Hussein if he refused to disarm
4. "I actually did vote for the $87 billion, before I voted against it." --Sen. John Kerry, on voting against a military funding bill for U.S.
troops in Iraq
5. "We look forward to hearing your vision, so we can more better do our job. That's what I'm telling you." —George W. Bush, Gulfport,
6. "They're trying to scare you and make me look like I want to be dictator of California." --California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, Nov. 6,
7. "The chief cause of problems is solutions." Eric Sevareid
8. "A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities, and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties." Harry S.
9. "However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results." Winston Churchill
10. "I have opinions of my own - strong opinions - but I don't always agree with them."- George Bush
11. "I've read about foreign policy and studied, I now know the number of continents." - George Wallace, 1968 presidential campaign
12. "It's time for the human race to enter the solar system!"
- Dan Quayle, on the concept of a manned mission to Mars
13. During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet. - Al Gore
14. We all know the leopard can't change his stripes. - Al Gore
15. Mr. Speaker, this bill is a phony with a capital F.
- US Congressman, during a heated congressional debate
Let these be a lesson to all to think BEFORE speaking on the campaign trail. Good luck all!
- One Man Short