It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court weighs fluoridation suit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 11:53 PM
link   
From police power to tooth decay, Washington State Supreme Court justices pressed lawyers with questions Thursday as they waded into a debate over fluoridated water in Pierce County.

At the center of the dispute is an order by the Tacoma-Pierce County Health Board, which demands that 14 local water purveyors put fluoride in water to prevent cavities among children. A lower court sided with the health board earlier this year.

www.tribnet.com...

At least the courts are taking the issue seriously. not everybody wants flouride in their water.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 11:55 PM
link   
If you want to keep your teeth then brush them,

that should be your fluoride.

What are they gonna do next put vitamins in the water?

Just askin.'

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
What are they gonna do next put vitamins in the water?

Just askin.'

they're already doing it with bottled water. (had some of the flavored vitamin-y stuff today. it isnt' bad.) it's only a matter of time before someone proposes putting vitamins in the water, but it'll probably get shot down. that means putting more money into the water system, and most communities aren't willing to do that.

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 12:08 AM
link   
This is okay for a beverage, in fact it is a good idea!

But why public water?

If I am a senior with no teeth, why am I taking in fluoride?

Just make toothpaste manufacturers put a minimum amount in their product and then ensure that people brush their teeth.

I think that the water supply should be guaranteed clean and safe and available to the public, that is all!

new topics

top topics

join