It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic fundamentalists planning something huge??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Everytime the terrorists plant a bomb and it goes of, it seems to me that they always kill a relativily small number of people (no disrespect for those people who lost family and dear-ones). I mean, picking a public place, a library or shopping mall in rush hour would kill many more people, wouldn't it? But what if the terrorist just do it to distract the worlds attention away from something huge that is underway? well tell me what you think!

[edit on 9/11/2005 by chris_dk]

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I don't think they are planning anything 'huge'. Their main aim is to cause as much fear in the population as possible, while a huge event like 9/11 has many many times the casulties of 7/7 they both served to cause massive fear in the population.

They Current trend of suicide bombers limits the weight of explosives an one bomber can carry and they have been setting them off in crowded places to cause as much destruction as possible.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
to inflict massive amounts of casualties would require massive amounts of money. even if it cost the terrorists a couple of hundred thousand dollars for 9/11 its still alot of money for the terrorist side since they have no country and no tax. have to depend on fake charities or drugs as source of funds. these days using small bombs with less money while able to inflict few casualties but inflict massive fear is in their sense more logical.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
three explosions in three locations is fairly big in my opinion. the death toll is not 9/11 size but it is still big.

also, it should be noted that there was a big bust in australia (nice work!) and they think the cell they busted might have been up to something.

these two events hve led to a very large police presence in NYC hotels. Armed anit-terror task force troops are very visible. If they are there when I walk home tonight I'll snap some pics with the cell phone, maybe get some video.

lastly, it should be noted that the three bombs in Jordan took place November 9th or, as the arab world calls it 9/11 (they go number then month).

many terror experts are saying that iraq al qaeda leader el mariachi or whatever his name is, is not capable of pulling off something grand and large scale like the 9/11 attacks as he is more of an opportunistic event planner.

I'm sure there is something being planned. seems to me they are always planning years in advance.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Of course their planning something huge....I sure would be if I was a cell leader in Al Qaeda. The moneys there, make no mistake...there a millions of ways to do cash transactions that are below the radar screen of western governments.

Instead of inflicting massive deaths the next time, they will go after refineries in America. This will send gas pricies soaring over $4.00 per/gallon and they will have hit the Infidels where it hurts most....in our pocketbooks.

Take a a small team of 6 men....(4) shooters and (2) demolition guys and they can easily wipe out ANY poorly trained security force at ANY refinery...give them 20 minutes and that refinery would be a blazing wreck.
The damage would take months to rebuild, there would be panick in the world oil markets and it would probably send America into a recession.

These guys are not stupid, hit us in the pocket book.

Maximu§

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
They had someone on FOX (I think an Israeli) saying that yes, they are. The foiled plot in Australia and the hotel bombings in Jordan are all part of it. He said he expected an attack on the U.S. by the end of the year.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
They had someone on FOX (I think an Israeli) saying that yes, they are. The foiled plot in Australia and the hotel bombings in Jordan are all part of it. He said he expected an attack on the U.S. by the end of the year.

am I the only one getting bored of all these terror experts telling us to expect an attack by this or that date?

yes it's going to happen. an idiot could tell you that. how and when? who knows. just put the proper precautionary measures in place so we can be as safe as possible.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

How pathetic. They had the rent-a-parade ready within a few hours of the "three" blast. I wonder if they got the idea for blowing up a wedding from watching movies. The usual suspects are back in the media hocking their terrorist books. How fu@@ing sad. That was a firecracker, they will have to plan something bigger and in the US for them to kick off another unwinnable but very profitable war.

How many times has that Al-Zarqawi clown died? I see his publicist have found more recent pictures of him. How fake.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The timing. Just in time to add atmosphere to those pretty veteran's day speeches.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
am I the only one getting bored of all these terror experts telling us to expect an attack by this or that date?

I for one pay them no mind as it is clear the terrorists don't "warn" anybody when something actually does go down. Just makes it hard for me to believe that when they have "inelligence that states there will be an attack" and even when they manage to "foil it" I am very skeptical. I put it down to propaganda to keep the terror in the headlines and to scare the public.

But yeah, there will be something to follow all this IMO. as stated on another thread about a memo leaked concerning another big terrorist attack would be a good thing to restore the President of the USA's "image as a leader of the American people"

A confidential memo circulating among senior Republican leaders suggests that a new attack by terrorists on U.S. soil could reverse the sagging fortunes of President George W. Bush as well as the GOP and "restore his image as a leader of the American people."

The closely-guarded memo lays out a list of scenarios to bring the Republican party back from the political brink, including a devastating attack by terrorists that could “validate” the President’s war on terror and allow Bush to “unite the country” in a “time of national shock and sorrow.”

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Do they have the balls to pull off another one on home turf? That would be beyond desperation. tick tock, tick tock, tick tock. Do you have the chutzpah to do it again?

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   
If you are looking for the missing 3 trillion from the Pentagon, look no further than the artistic spin in your local movie theater and on your tv. There is no business like shoah business.

Not to mention the perks of hanging out with the latest and greatest movie stars.

new topics

top topics

join