It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demolition Man - Bali Bombings Suspect Blows Himself Up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Dr Azahari Husin, nicknamed the Demolition Man, was allegedly killed today when he blew up a villa surrounded by police. After a 10-day stake-out at a villa in eastern Java, he is believed to have deliberately set off at least 11 explosions after shooting at the police outside. The last explosion was "a big one" and killed him and two other suspected militants. They say he had links to Al Qaeda.

Guardian: Bali bombings suspect 'blows himself up'

November 9, 2005

One of Asia's most wanted terrorists, Azahari Husin, was killed today as police prepared to move in on his Indonesian hideout, according to reports. Police said Dr Azahari, a Malaysian explosives expert nicknamed the Demolition Man and accused of coordinating attacks on Bali that have killed more than 200 people, is believed to have deliberately blown himself up rather than be arrested after a 10-day stake-out at a villa in Batu, in eastern Java.

Suspected militants fired on police outside the house and set off at least 11 explosions. "The last one, the big one, was a suicide blast. That is the one that killed them," he said, adding that police were afraid the house had been booby-trapped. The authorities would seek to confirm tomorrow that Azahari was dead, he said. Two other suspected militants had also died in the blast, police said. If Azahari's death is confirmed, it will be a significant blow to Jemaah Islamiyah, a terror network with links to al-Qaida.

Hundreds of onlookers crowded behind yellow police tape for a glimpse of the bombed-out villa. White smoke was pouring from the roof, which collapsed in the final blast, and gunfire injured a policeman, officials said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This sounds very strange indeed. But if he was really who they say he was and he is really dead, I guess there are now at least one less "bad guy" in the world. Anyone heard about this "Demolition Man" before?

[edit on 2005/11/9 by Hellmutt]

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
This sounds very strange indeed. But if he was really who they say he was and he is really dead, I guess there are now at least one less "bad guy" in the world. Anyone heard about this "Demolition Man" before?

[edit on 2005/11/9 by Hellmutt]

This has the same MO as the 'demolition men' who 'blew themselves up' in Madrid when the Police came knocking.

It's a known fact the Indonesian police are corrupt as all hell, even their past President has admitted that and said he believes the recent attacks are organised by elements within the Police.

Obviously 95% of media will play this as the 'end' of this chapter rather than looking into it properly and comparing it to other cases of the suspect being killed before any evidence or trial is afforded which proves anything.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Have you seen the video on TV? This is a classic!

Homevideo of a gun fight with cut scenes that look like their out of a 70's crime drama. Theres a classic shot of 5 guys just shooting at something, looking like they are at target practise rather than dodging bullets in a fierce gun fight.

How very convenient that the 'bomb maker' is dead now in a big dramatic shoot out! First they said he blew himself up and had always planned to go out in a big bang if the Police caught him, then they said he was shot because they confirmed his death by finger printing!

Isreal and America can fake good Terrorism, UK is pretty good at it too, Indonesia are not as good at it, this one is full of holes but only because it doesn't affect America is it not big news.

Especially when an ex-President of Indonesia has said the Police are as corrupt as hell and were behind the recent bombing in Bali.

The media are just closing the book on it with their flashy video.

Dodgy as.

[edit on 10-11-2005 by TheShroudOfMemphis]

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
You are damn right TSOM about how 95% of media outlets will just take this press-release at face value and look no further into it. Unfortunately that is the way of modern-media with its cutbacks and money-grabbing antics.

I haven't seen the video you are refering to, but I seriously question the validity of this report.

If the former president is correct and the military/police are and were involved in the Bali bombings, then I don't see how faking a death, or blowing up an innocent person would be much more of a step for them to take to demonstrate the 'crazy terrorist antics'.

Edit: I might also add that its rather convenient that someone 'responsible' (yet again) dosen't have to face the justice system. Not that it would matter much, its rife with corruption. You can get off death and get 18 months for 50K or so..

[edit on 10-11-2005 by ekul08]

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis

This has the same MO as the 'demolition men' who 'blew themselves up' in Madrid when the Police came knocking.

yeah, I remember that. I haven´t paid much attention to the finer details on this event though. Did their passports and handwritten confessions with their fingerprints fall down from the sky after the explosions as well? heh... Dodgy indeed...

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   

It's a known fact the Indonesian police are corrupt as all hell, even their past President has admitted that and said he believes the recent attacks are organised by elements within the Police.

I believe he also blamed American military techonology for creation of the bomb used, and thier subsequent vehement force to take over all authorative work of the case. He's been very critical of thier involvment, and it should not be disregarded here on ATS as it's obviously has been the world over.

Luxifero

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
yes he was in a villa surrounded by police
then there were shots fired at the police
and then blew himself up

lol.
sure.

and btw, america cant fake terrorism well. look at okc.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
If I were the cops and no body parts could be found, I would be looking for a tunnel under the house. What better way to cover your tracks.

Maximu§

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
The late "Demolition Man"'s bombs exploded on June 17 2009.

Captured Terrorist Bombs Explode in Indonesia

June 18, 2009

The late Jemaah Islamiyah bomber, Azhari Husein, who was killed when his house in East Java was raided in 2005, appears to have struck from beyond the grave. On 17 June, several of his bombs, which were being kept as training aids, blew apart a warehouse of the Indonesian police Mobile Brigade just south of the capital Jakarta

new topics

top topics

join