It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matrix: Yes or No

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I personally think a Termainator 3 scenario would be more realistic. The military puts all of its systems under the control of an AI being, and it turns on us because we are trying to gain control back from it. Thats just me, I just dont see anything like the matrix or T3 scenario ever happening because if you remove the human factor from the loop, you lose feeling and the conscience that come with making such decisions as launching weapons like nukes and such.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Having seen the first one only, my Matrix info. is limited, but I do know the general concept is quite old. I liked the film, but as with so many other huge hits, the way it has been put onto a pedestal and spoken of as though it is the best film ever, that turned me off. I'd still watch 2 and 3, but I won't be devestated when trinity dies or anything like some fans.
Anyhoo, the LOTR Trilogy, now that is a almost perfect description of our distant past........okay, I made that up. But, that was a set of books, and movies that really impressed me. And no one is trying to say it could be real.
In my opinion, reality is far, far more bizarre than any human mind could conceive. With our limited mental capacity it is very unlikely in my view that we could even make a reasonably close guess. There are too many unknown variables, too much we know we don't know.
Here's some good quotes about it.
'The universe is not only stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine.' H. J. Haldene
‘99.999% of what affects our reality will be undetectable by our senses. Man must learn to think for himself rather than follow blindly what he has been taught.’ Buckminster Fuller

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join