It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airships from low Altitude to the Stratosphere

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Just ran into this Space.com article on the goings on of the reinvigorated Airship Industry, allot of you will already be familiar with these plans/designs but I was surprised by a few they mentioned, here is the link.

www.space.com...

From communications and sensor Stratelites to Heavy Lift cargo vessles there is a boom in creativity when it comes to this long neglected technology. The most interesting concept can be found at the end of the article...

That idea hasn’t escaped one team of architects. The hotel and resort designer group, Wimberly Allison Tong & Goo (WATG), has already sketched out some thoughts on a comfy-looking airship hotel.

Very interesting idea.

[edit on 9-11-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Hopefully future Airships will take on a role like cruise ships...except of course with a much better view.

I like stratolites...it seems a lot like the HAA, simularities with them are that there both: Big, solor cells on top, & expected to stay aloft for months at a time.

Airships are finally picking back up again...but how much would it suck if some experiental one crashed into a building...that could possibly kill them all over again.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Nice

This one looks like it came right out of Final Fantasy.

I can't wait to see how this will go in the future.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Certainly the military potential of airships has been overlooked,especially in terms of Airborne Eary Warning or anything that needs a platform to loiter over a point for extended periods of time.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by bmdefiant
Certainly the military potential of airships has been overlooked,especially in terms of Airborne Eary Warning or anything that needs a platform to loiter over a point for extended periods of time.

yeah...I would love to see them on the US/Mex border...either that or we take a page from israel.

new topics

top topics

join