It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Don't Torture?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
President Bush stated when he was in Panama that we( I assume the US) doesn't torture. Yet we have seen the pictures from Abu Graib. We have heard the stories coming out of Guantanamo. We have heard talk of rendering prisoners off to a country that allows torture. Last week the CIA leaked information about secret prisons where "enemy combatants" are interrogated. Also the Vice President wants the CIA to be exempt from any regulations Congress may enact regarding torture.

So what is it are we torturing or are we not? If we are what does that make the President?

" President Bush defended U.S. interrogation practices and called the treatment of terrorism suspects lawful. "We do not torture" Bush declared in response to reports of secret CIA prisons overseas."

news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 9-11-2005 by polanksi]

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Hopefully this link is to your enjoyment and information... Topic is ongoing here.

Torture Thread

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Yea Chissler basically same debate, as Sauron said, one says we don't torture and the other ask to be allowed to. But I quess I'm troubled by the bald face lie. Can't we expect better from our leaders.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Yea Bert and Ernie should really get together and figure out what it is they are trying to tell us. Nothing surprises me anymore.

new topics

top topics

join