It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

WAR: Three Hotels Bombed in Amman, Jordan

page: 2
2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
It doesn't matter who is in charge or from what country, this targeting an US well know chain of hotels and has been done before or at least tried by al-quaida.

Also the news are stating that it was definitly Americans in the hotels.

Jordan has been so far a safe heave from terrorist attacks since the 70s this the first time in all these years that they are targeted and taking in consideration that the hotels are US chains, the US will be able to have more reign on the investigation if the attacks was an evidence show of retaliation against the US for Jordan been involve in helping US in Iraq.

Killing Jordans or others in an American chain of hotels is not doubt intentional.

Is in the news.


[edit on 9-11-2005 by marg6043]




posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Number of confirmed dead in Amman hotel bombings reaches 67.

Deputy Prime Minister Marwan Muasher gave the casualty estimate during an interview with CNN, in which he also said a car packed with explosives approached one of the hotels attacked in the heart of the capital.

He said there was no claim of responsibility, but Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the Jordanian-born leader of al-Qaeda in Iraq terrorist group, was a "prime suspect." (AP)



posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded
isn't everything Jewish or US OWNED these days ?


please, the people were not noted as Americans so I don't see that as a blow to the US, see what I read was that people were killed and to me it doesn't matter what their naionality is.

Damn, and at a wedding too, how tragic



[edit on 9-11-2005 by ImJaded]


I'm not saying one's nationality makes their death any less tragic, but do you really believe it is a coincidence that all three hotels hit were U.S. chains? Do you think they would have just as soon bombed three Chinese hotels? It's really a blow to the world, but the message is crystal clear, and it's aimed directly at the U.S., and those who assist us.



posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
27jd

I agree with you, also some think is Al-zarqawi but he has not taken responsibility yet.

We also has to take in consideration that Jordan has the biggest Palestinian concentration of people, but Jordan is very successful in keeping peace in between the citizens.

Al-zarqawi is Jordanian but he has never targeted his country of birth before even when Al-qaida members has no loyalty when it comes to their nationality just their ideology and religous believes.



posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
"Al Qaeda tried before... and this could be one of those times when they were able to bypass our security forces," Jordan's House speaker said.


Whether or not it was Zarqawi is up in the air, but it's almost definitely AQ. Not sure what leads them to suspect Zarqawi this early, maybe it was, but I think Zarqawi is who our government wants to paint as public enemy #1. Probably to make sure we don't focus on the fact that they gave up searching for Bin Laden, and that Bush said he wasn't concerned about him anymore, after vowing to bring him to justice.



posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Why am I so reminded of Pavlov's dog right now?

Woof woof!

[edit on 2005-11-9 by wecomeinpeace]



posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Originally posted by ImJaded
isn't everything Jewish or US OWNED these days ?


please, the people were not noted as Americans so I don't see that as a blow to the US, see what I read was that people were killed and to me it doesn't matter what their naionality is.

Damn, and at a wedding too, how tragic



[edit on 9-11-2005 by ImJaded]


I'm not saying one's nationality makes their death any less tragic, but do you really believe it is a coincidence that all three hotels hit were U.S. chains? Do you think they would have just as soon bombed three Chinese hotels? It's really a blow to the world, but the message is crystal clear, and it's aimed directly at the U.S., and those who assist us.


I understand, and admit I only read a couple of articles and new information is being reported that I am not accessing as easily as U may be as I am at work (hence why I am on here! U guys ar the best for the info
)

So thank you for clarifying. And yes I see the connection with the US hotel chains but in all honesty there aren't many big, nice hotels that aren't US owned, not that I see around me and where I have travelled anyway.

It just did seem to me at the time that the comments were not related to the info in the article posted in this discussion.

Keep the updates comin



posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
. Probably to make sure we don't focus on the fact that they gave up searching for Bin Laden, and that Bush said he wasn't concerned about him anymore, after vowing to bring him to justice.


You know that is very truth today for the first time everybody was on the media talking about Zarqawi as if he was the irrefutable leader of the Al-qaida movement and the name of Bin-Laden never came no even onces.

I wonder sometimes if bin-Laden was actually the man to take the fall for the 9/11 and that was it, who knows were he is right now.



posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded
I understand, and admit I only read a couple of articles and new information is being reported that I am not accessing as easily as U may be as I am at work (hence why I am on here! U guys ar the best for the info
)

So thank you for clarifying. And yes I see the connection with the US hotel chains but in all honesty there aren't many big, nice hotels that aren't US owned, not that I see around me and where I have travelled anyway.

It just did seem to me at the time that the comments were not related to the info in the article posted in this discussion.

Keep the updates comin


No prob. Really it's all speculation at this point, but I think if somebody was aiming to kill Jordanians, there were probably many targets that would have produced more casualties. It just seems to be a direct attack on U.S. interests, and these big hotels are probably the most prominent, yet easily attacked symbols of the U.S. they could find.



posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Do you think they would have just as soon bombed three Chinese hotels?

These attacks may have been aimed at Western/US people... but at least three chinese did die...

Xinhua: 3 Chinese killed in triple Jordan hotel blasts

Some Norwegians and Danes were staying at these hotels, they were lucky and survived. That´s what I heard anyway... hopefully they all made it.



posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Well what about the people who happened to be in the hotels at the time ? Perhaps it was also a direct attack on them, ie: who's wedding was it ? Was there some kind of convention or meeting of some sorts going on that encouraged certain people to be there on this date who may have been targeted specifically ? ... keeping in mind the Israeli guests were all evacuated prior to the bombs going off ...

A number of Israelis staying on Wednesday at the Radisson hotel were evacuated before the bombing by Jordanian security forces, apparently due to a specific security alert. They were escorted back to Israel by security personnel.

www.haaretz.com...

just thoughts, I am about to go see what's being reported now



[edit on 10-11-2005 by ImJaded]



posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded

Was there some kind of convention or meeting of some sorts going on that encouraged certain people to be there on this date who may have been targeted specifically ?

The Norwegian Refugee Council had a meeting at Radisson. 4 norwegians were there to train 22 from Jordan for the NORMIDEAST (MIDDLE EAST STANDBY FORCE). 23 reported they are ok while three of them have not reported yet...
Norwegian Refugee Council - NORMIDEAST



posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Also,


two senior PA officials were killed in the blasts.

- Bashir Nafa (head of military intelligence in the West Bank)

- Abed Alun (Director of the Palestinian Interior Ministry, headed the PA’s special forces in the past and is considered a close associate of PA Minister Mahmoud Dahlan)

Palestinian media also reports that the PA’s economic attache in Cairo and a senior Palestinian banker were also killed in the blasts.





[edit on 10-11-2005 by Riwka]



posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Much will depend on the government response. IF the government is able and willing to take geniune measures to crack down on terrorists these hotels bombings could be a fatal mistake by the terrorists.

There is no better way to lose the hearts and mind battle by blowing up your potential supporters/supporters.



posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Im surprised no one mentioned the date.. 11/9



posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSoul
Im surprised no one mentioned the date.. 11/9


I think someone did already, or it may have been on the other thread on this topic.

very interesting indeed, I was at work like this
when I realized it happened on 09/11 because it is 10/11 here I didn't think of it at first



posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Al-Qaida in Iraq posted a statement in an Arabic Internet site in which it claimed responsibility for the bombings.

The claim of responsibility, signed in the name of the spokesman for the group Al-Qaida in Iraq, said that "after studying and watching the targets, places were chosen to carry out an attack on some hotels that the tyrant of Jordan has made the backyard garden for the enemy of the religion - Jews and crusaders."



posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded
... keeping in mind the Israeli guests were all evacuated prior to the bombs going off ...

A number of Israelis staying on Wednesday at the Radisson hotel were evacuated before the bombing by Jordanian security forces, apparently due to a specific security alert. They were escorted back to Israel by security personnel.



So... once again the Israeli intelligence agency seems to have been aware of the exact location and timing of a terrorist attack and removed it's people from harm's way. This happened in London and was rumoured to have happened in New York..

Without asking the obvious conspiracy related question, shouldn't we at least ask how they know this stuff and why don't other government's security forces have the same info??



posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Jordanians' are protesting against the attacks in the streets showing solidarity for their king and queen while condemning the attacks. Needless to say the general population is not happy about this attack at all.

Apparently their tourist industry had just started to rebound and they claim this will hurt their economy very bad.



posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
According to the link that Imjaded has on his/her post there is no truth to the report that Israeli's were evacuted from the hotels before the blast. That is just more dis-info probably started by anti-zionst factions. AQ has now taken responsiblity for murdering more innocent people. Maybe now the people of Jordan will see AQ for what it really is. According to early reports more than just Americans were killed. Perhaps someday the ME will open its eyes and see that AQ is nothing but murdering scum.



new topics

top topics



 
2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join