It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Three Hotels Bombed in Amman, Jordan

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Three hotels popular with Israelis and Westerners have just been attacked by suicide bombers in Amman, Jordan. At least 57 people have been killed and hundreds wounded. The hotels attacked are the Radisson, Hyatt, and Days Inn. The King of Jordan has denounced the attacks and says they will not change Jordanian policy.

www.foxnews.com
AMMAN, Jordan — Three explosions hit hotels in Jordan's capital Wednesday night, killing at least 18 people and wounding 120 others in an apparent coordinated terrorist attack, police said.

Citing a security source, Reuters reported that at least 23 people were killed.

Jordanian police say the three hotel blasts in Amman were believed to be carried out by homicide bombers, according to the Associated Press. The explosions indicated the involvement of Al Qaeda, which has launched coordinated attacks on high-profile, Western targets in the past, a police official said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is a horrible event, my heart goes out to the victims. But as a secular state in peace with Israel and a U.S. ally in the War on Terror, Jordan would be a natural target for Jihadists, especially Zarqawi who is himself Jordanian and has fought that government before...it's too bad that there wasn't more security in place at the hotels.

[edit on 11/9/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Looks like we bumped heads on this one DJ sorry about that. You claim it is two hotels and all news sources are claiming just one. Maybe a media mixuup

I asked Intrepid to move mine

[edit on 11/9/2005 by shots]

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Grand Hyatt hotel

Are you sure about the hotel?

Hebrew media reports it is the Radisson SAS (popular with Israeli tourists) - and the explosion ripped through a banqueting room where about 250 people were attending a wedding reception.

(Both hotels, Hyatt and Radisson are at Hussein Bin Ali Street, Amman)

[edit on 9-11-2005 by Riwka]

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riwka

Are you sure about the hotel?

Hebrew press reports it is the Radisson SAS - and the explosion ripped through a banqueting room where about 250 people were attending a wedding reception.

(Both hotels, Hyatt and Radisson are at Hussein Bin Ali Street, Amman)

The Jordan press is now reporting there may be three hotels the Hyatt, Radisson and Days Inn.

CX

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Sky News is reporting 3 hotels now, at least 12 dead so far but it is just breaking news. Hotels are Radisson SAS , Hyatt and Days Inn. Reports of a bomb placed in the ceiling of the Radisson above a banquet that was going on. This is just what is being reported as i type so nothing concrete yet.

Nothing else as yet.

CX.

[edit on 9-11-2005 by CX]

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Fox news is confirming the Raddison, Hyatt and Days Inn all bombed within minutes of each other.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Amazing how fast Al Jazeera TV crews arrived on the scene kind of makes one wonder if they had inside info of the pending attack. MSNBC is saying they think this may be al qaeda (SP?) related but that is not confirmed. The so called experts are using the past methods used by them meaning attacks in threes.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
At least 53 people were killed and more than 120 were wounded

• The first bomb, at 8:50 local time (1850 GMT), struck the Grand Hyatt hotel, completely shattering the stone entrance.

• The second explosion hit the nearby Radisson SAS hotel where about 250 people were attending a wedding reception. According to Reuters media, this explosion believed to have been caused by a bomb placed in a false ceiling

• The third explosion hit the Days Inn Hotel (located three kilometers away).

All roads in and out of the capital have been blocked.

The Allenby border crossing between Israel and Jordan was opened to allow Israelis to leave the Hashemite Kingdom immediately.

• posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 03:17 PM
    link   
    Sorry for the delay in updating the story, I had to go somewhere.

Looks like it must be an al Qaeda planned or inspired attack with 3 hotels bombed almost simultaneously.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 03:18 PM
    link   
    Now 40+ killed, MSNBC reports.

Car chases in the streets also.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 03:21 PM
    link   
    There was a wedding with 300 guests going on at one of the hotels, so I wouldn't be surprised if the death toll climbs much higher

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 03:23 PM
    link   
    US has been attack onces again abroad, Jordan has been able to maintain a very safe heaven since the 70s, now they have been targeted because Iraq and their help to the US.

My husband has been in Jordan and he said that is a very beautiful place and people enjoy life like in the US.

Very sad that it has become a target but the targeting is actually US symbols.

Hopefully the new king will be able to show his control and punish the people behind the suicide bombers.

US occurs will provide all the help that will be needed.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 03:40 PM
    link   
    News reports out of jordan are reporting that the police are pursuing three vehicles in connection with the bombings. One of the cars reportedly has an Iraqi license plate. This is as per Foxnews TV's on going report.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 04:04 PM
    link   
    More coverage here.
    This has a lot more info on the News media that are covering the story.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 04:08 PM
    link   
    Where in all this did anybody get this was a blow to the US ???

The area hit by the blasts is frequented by wealthy Jordanians and international travelers, including diplomats, military personnel and other high-ranking officials.

And this is just not on -

While there is no evidence yet to suggest an Al-Qaeda link, one U.S. counterterrorism officials said Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi's group immediately comes to mind.

smh, are we still ASSuming ?

-Quotes from original post news source.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 04:29 PM
    link   
    Now they're saying it was two suicide bombers and one car bomber. 57 now dead. Also the date may be important as it's 11-9 (usually written 9-11 by most people around the world).

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 04:36 PM
    link   
    Djohn, i was just going to put in the same info you
    just gave.
    11/9!

Police now being deployed to every Hotel in NYC as a precaution.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 04:40 PM
    link   

Originally posted by ImJaded
    Where in all this did anybody get this was a blow to the US ???

The explosions were all at U.S.-based chains; a Grand Hyatt, a Days Inn and a Radisson -- where the deputy prime minister said a wedding party was caught in the blast.
    www.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 04:41 PM
    link   
    isn't everything Jewish or US OWNED these days ?

please, the people were not noted as Americans so I don't see that as a blow to the US, see what I read was that people were killed and to me it doesn't matter what their naionality is.

Damn, and at a wedding too, how tragic

[edit on 9-11-2005 by ImJaded]

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 04:54 PM
    link   
    Fox is reporting that they have closed all the borders in Jordan and the King has the authority to hold militray tribunals without lawyers if he wants, not that he would do it, but the law does allow for it.

Death toll is now around 53 with 300 injured.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join