It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

?Ancestrial Worship?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I've been reading a book written by a man named Credo Mutwa. Most have heard of him through David Icke but in this case I'm reading one of his books on African Folklore. (v.intresting) I'm from there somewhere and wanted to know more about the land of my people... Not sure if I'm searching for roots here or some kind of spiritual furtherment but as is known, my people are worshippers of the sun as well as of our Ancestors.

Does anyone on here know about Sun/Ancestor worship?

There must be good books on how to further ones' self through this, the dangers, what to expect, what happens if one of my ancetors was particually nasty and decides to beat me about with an object of some sort etc etc.

The further I delve into the ways of the west the more I intend to increase my spiritual understanding to off balance the soulless money grubbing that is the world of business.

Can anyone help me out?

P.s. If this is too similar to another thread plz delete it and leave this one alone... its more well rounded.

Peace
Ent

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Hay E. good to see you back.

Wren

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Hiiii

Still searching!

Man, this thread is gonna drop like a lead rock.

Hope ure ok.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I believe the Japenese religion Shinto has the elements of which you speak.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Many religions through out the world worship(ped) natural "things" (such as the sun and the moon, or thunders and storms) as gods. Just to name a couple we've got the Celtic tradition, Ancient Egypt religion (in which Ra was the god of the sun, if i recall correctly); nowadays we have Wicca, that looks at the sun and the moon as the "incarnations" of the Father and Mother Goddes, and the balance between masculine and feminine aspects of life.

Probably, to have a deeper historical insight about African religions, you should try looking of Sumerian religions. I can't think of anything dating befor this religion.

Only one thing: probably human race was "born" in Africa, so it's reasonable to believe that many of the religious habits have spread throughout the world, so you could extend your research to pagan/rural habits in other parts of the world, such as northern Europe (especially those people had before the inquisition), this, even if not 100% precise, may provide some useful hints

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by An Entity
There must be good books on how to further ones' self through this, the dangers, what to expect, what happens if one of my ancetors was particually nasty and decides to beat me about with an object of some sort etc etc.

Thats not how ancestor worship usually works tho. Usually the ancestors are provided for and the living person tries to placate their spirits, but usually in these religions there is no connection to poltergeist activity. I don't see the connection to sun worship tho.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Religion and spirituality are not paranormal topics.
I'm moving this to the appropriate BTS form.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   

top topics

join