It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Nuclear Bunker For Sale In UK (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   

The Ministry Of Defence has invited potential buyers to view a secret Nuclear bunker built in the late 1950's to protect government officials in the event of a nuclear attack. The existence of the bunker built more than 100ft down in Corsham, Wiltshire, has been kept a closely guarded secret until recently. The MoD says it has received hundreds of enquiries, including two serious bids.

news.bbc.co.uk
In the 1950s as the threat of nuclear war intensified, the government pinned its hope for survival on buildings already used by the military.

If there had been an attack, the then prime minister Harold Macmillan and much of Whitehall would have been moved west to the bunker.

Built in the late 1950s, the bunker covers about 240 acres (97 hectares) and was decommissioned in the 1980s.

It is underground - more than 100ft (30m) down - and includes a pub, kitchen and BBC studio.

Despite being close to one of Britain's busiest railway lines, the facility was shrouded in secrecy for 50 years beneath non-descript government buildings.

Chairs and office equipment are still stored there, in preparation for thousands of civil servants.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

WOW...i want one!

I wounder how many other 'secret' bunkers there are spread about the UK...and if they are still building them???

It would be great to get inside and have a look about, see how people would have had to live if the UK had ever been pulled in to a Nuclear conflict!

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I dunno if this is true but i herd there is a direct underground tunnel from bukemham palce to a nuclear bunker is this true?

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I dunno if this is true but i herd there is a direct underground tunnel from bukemham palce to a nuclear bunker is this true?

Firstly let me re-type this in English...

I dont know if this is true, but i have heard that there is an underground tunnel direct from Buckingham Palce to a nuclear bunker. Is this true?

Please dont type like that...we are posting not sending text messages to each other!

And although im not 100% sure, i would imagine there is a nuclear bunker very close to most of the palaces inhabited by the royal family!

In fact i bet there are hundreds dotted around the UK!

Mic

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
How cool would it be to see inside this bunker...

Id love to buy it!

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I have a nuclear bunker...

Its made of wood and foil...

It would easily withstand a nuclear blast!

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Make sure your wearing your foil hat for added blast protection !

top topics

join