It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Set laser to stun !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Interesting, they have to power this weapon down to stun to keep injuries low.

I wonder what it will do at full power, melt skin, burn a hole through a body or heat someone up so hot they pop!

Target this puppy on some of the, oh well never mind the mods will trash the story if I continue.

US military sets laser PHASRs to stun
16:05 07 November 2005

NewScientist.com news service
Will Knight

www.newscientist.com...

The US government has unveiled a "non-lethal" laser rifle designed to dazzle enemy personnel without causing them permanent harm. But the device will require close scrutiny to ensure compliance with a United Nations protocol on blinding laser weapons.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
This sounds interesting and I would like to see where this technology leads.

But wouldn't you just need to wear reflective clothing to be protected from laser fire?

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Reflective clothing, good point!

If it would be that easy to defeat this weapon you would think the powers at be that developed this lazer would not have proceeded with the project.

Unless the developers of this weapon think the majority of the persons who will be shot at with the lazer will be in street clothes and not hiding behind mirrors or large sheets of reflective materials to protect themselves.

I will bet the first time this lazer is used it will work on crowd control.

But people are smart and resourcefull if need be, and if a mirror will stop the lazer then you will see people hiding behind a reflective sheet to stop the lazer and possibly pointing the lazer beam back at the source.

hmmm, buy stock in reflective clothing and mirrors.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
this is already being discussed here..

Before mods say it, thread closed :p

top topics

join