It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you believe in hell?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
you know, even as a theist i didn't believe in hell. the whole concept of INFINITE and INESCAPABLE punishment for an obviously FINITE set of crimes never seemed to be something stemming from an infinitely forgiving deity to me.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by WalkInSilence
And I listen to Gods voice in the wind, the roaring sea, the singing of birds and all creation.
Do I believe in Hell?????
WIS

You sure believe in digging up old relics! :shk:
Its a trip when you see one of your opinions from a year and a half ago get dug up. It had been so long when I saw it pop up in my favorites and thought hmmmm...I wonder who authored that? Then when I saw it was me, I thought OK who the
dug this thing up! hahahah

I have changed a lot since originally being the OP.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I apologize, I missed the " No Trespassing" sign, I posted my view and you also gained a couple points, so I don't see harm has been done.
It shan't happen again though.
WIS

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I was just joking. I didnt think you were trespassing.

An harm none. You did not harm me I hope I didnt harm you.

I was very flattered you took the time to look up my old posts.I am so sorry gentle one. Please forgive me.

[edit on 4-3-2007 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
Its a trip when you see one of your opinions from a year and a half ago get dug up. It had been so long when I saw it pop up in my favorites and thought hmmmm...I wonder who authored that?

i spewed beverage on that one, Brian! that's hilarious! you have grown so much you didn't recognize your last year's school picture!

so to speak.

Then when I saw it was me, I thought OK who the
dug this thing up! hahahah

I have changed a lot since originally being the OP.

i didn't notice the date...then you pointed it out and it made more sense to me...at first i was like

'WTF?'

First off
God is dead...:shk:

now 'why do I believe in hell?!?' :shk:

when you KNOW i DON'T!

i'm a bigger dork than you! at least YOU have some comfort for such.

LYL

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by xFalconx
You have to understand, the bible has been traslated so many times that it only contains about 5% truth in my opinion.

This is a fallacy. Most modern translations are directly from the greek and hebrew.

From here: www.firstpresb.org...

'New International Version (NIV), completed in 1978, was the product of 115 evangelical scholars. Within a decade it became the best-selling English version. It combines contemporary, literary English with traditional biblical vocabulary. The NIV is copyrighted by the International Bible Society.'

Just thought I'd clear that up.

[edit on 5/3/07 by jimboman]

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I don't believe in it...So, it's a moot point for me.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

'WTF?'

First off
God is dead...:shk:

You were the inspiration for that mess of a thread that I hope will not pop up again!

You knew that though.

i'm a bigger dork than you! at least YOU have some comfort for such.

LYL

Ann my sweet why do I have comfort for such?!?
Because my dorkiness is a perfected art? Or I can look to you to be my Dorky queen? LOL! Dont worry I knew what you meant!

LYL right back at ya

[edit on 5-3-2007 by LoneGunMan]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join