It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Saddam trial defence lawyer killed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Can you believe it? Another attorney for Saddam's defense team was shot and killed today.

Amazing!

Linky
BAGHDAD - Gunmen shot two lawyers defending Saddam Hussein’s co-defendants in a trial for crimes against humanity on Tuesday, killing one and slightly wounding the other, police and defence team sources said.

Both men were on a team defending Saddam’s brother Barzan Al Tikriti and former vice president Taha Yassin Ramadan, legal sources said. Khuzaie was among the lawyers who appeared in the televised trial sitting at the same front bench as Janabi, lawyers who know both men said.

How many lawyers are they going to need before the end of the trial for petes sake.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Someone sure doesn't want Saddam to be let free.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
condolences to the family. also to the answer of Saddam's lawyers. i believe there are over 1500 lawyers. man dats alot right there for one man.

no matter how many lawyers are killed there are others to replace them.

[edit on 8-11-2005 by deltaboy]

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Actually my husband and I were talking about this and came to the conclusion that it maybe some outside forces that are involve in the killings.

Perhaps some conspiracy in the works here and who is the one that will benefit from killing the lawyers.

That is a good question.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Marge, I agree, this is all to suspect; it's as if his trial is willingly being belated to some unknown end. Why, of all things, is there not tight security around these men? That sounds a bit odd to me.

Luxifero

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Kind of like when Oswald was being walked out with the officers and no one was protecting the front of him.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
That is right luxifero, not safeguard for the lives of the lawyers, remember that as long as Saddam trial drags on is more feast for the media.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Alright, I know there's a lot of people who don't think Saddam deserves a trial, but assuming for the sake of argument at least that he does, wouldn't it be smarter to wait until the Iraqi Constitution is soundly in place and the troubles have settled down before trying him? Even if it's not to give Saddam "his day in court," I think the world deserves a stable and lengthy trial so history can record as accurately as possible what he did and did not do. I can't understand why they are in such a rush to try him. Sure, he has a lot of enemies, but I think as statesmen, the Iraqi government should exercise some restraint until the time is more suitable (if that time will ever come) before trying him. I mean, at this rate, Saddam will be in court forever anyway as his lawyers will be dying before they can defend him.

Why would they want to kill his lawyers anyway when the outcome of his trial is almost a certainty?

-koji K.

[edit on 8-11-2005 by koji_K]

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
dont need outside forces wen we have angry Kurds and Shiites who does the killings without the need of CIA to go tell to kill the man who committed genocide.
aint it ironic.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
The murder of one of Saddams lawyers just proves that few people outside of Iraq understand the people and "workings" of the country. Having an understanding of Iraq is a vital step that needs to taken if the country has any hope of a future.

new topics

top topics

join