It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasons Hospital?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Anyone know what makes this different than other Hospitals?

www.fmh.com.au...

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Umm, it's a non profit Hostpital that wont charge you $8 for a cue tip?

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
But, how would they get payed?

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual

Fundraising? By the Shriners?

1 line but it says it all imo.

Your point?

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
No point. Just wondering how certified the people would be.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Do you mean the practitioners? As certified as any doctor would be. There are laws about this.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   

They probably don't... It's called charity.

In North America there are 22 Shriner's Hospitals for Children, no child, parent, insurance company, or government agency has ever been charged a single penny for the healthcare provided at those hospitals... Ever.

www.shrinershq.org...

Of course, we eat the kids as soon as they're better, but it doesn't cost them anything.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   

It's a regular hospital. Regular doctors. Reguar surgica wards. Reguar xray equipment. Regular drugs.

You may have been unaware of the Shrine Hospitals, but their burn units and charitable efforts on behalf of children are known worldwide. This has been going on for 50 years or more. The Shriners hold regular fundraising events (incuding circuses) to fund the hospitals.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   

We must be crazy.

Take a look at this:

www.shrinershq.org...

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Alright Byrd, thanks.
You're right, I was unaware of such hospitals.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

Of course, we eat the kids as soon as they're better, but it doesn't cost them anything.

you're killin me MM hehe

I too have wondered about this, everytime I drive past this Freemasons Hospital I wondered what it meant, thanks for starting this thread Nventual

So it is basically just a free hospital ? And they are doing goodworks like helping the kids and people and all, what is the connection with Freemasons though ? Do they donate the money to keep it running or something ? Still fuzzy on this, please excuse my ignorance

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
York Rite (Not Scottish).

I don't know that hospital, and I'm and American. I know that Canadian healthcare is a lot different, but I'll tell you what I know about a masonic hospital I am connected to.

www.tsrhc.org...

But my Blue Lodge (which is the basic organization every mason belongs to) is very supportive of the Scottish Rite Hospital in Dallas Texas. That hospital is open to any children who can benefit from their services more than from another hospital.

The family never sees a bill.

TSRHC specializes in children's problems, especially genetic, birth defect, or injuries caused by accident that ordinary hospitals are not equipped to treat. They support a lot of research, and children from around the world are brought there.

Very few of the doctors there are actually masons. Many of them come and donate part of their services at a reduced rate; others come to get the access to training and technology not available anywhere else. TSRH specializes in plastic surgery to restore injures and burns, as well as developmental problems like cancers and bone defects. I know that they are at the forefront of dyslexia research as well.

My lodge, and every lodge in my district (close to Dallas) raises thousands of dollars annually for the hospital. According to masonic tradition, at least in Texas, we never advertize our "good works" to the commmunity, we just perform them.

Because TSRHC is not that well known outside of Dallas, blue lodges are asked regularly to be on the lookout for any child who is not getting treatment for the things covered by the hospital.

My lodge has helped 2 kids find TSRHC. We have given them rides, helped their family with hotel bills in Dallas etc.

The older boy (high school) is obviously gifted, but cannot read due to severe dislexia. He goes to a clinic at TSRHC. I haven't talked to the family recently, but I heard a report in the lodge that he is expected to graduate from high school (next year or so?)

The second kid is one I have helped with, as far as making sure the family have what they need. The guy was born without a fully developed spine, and has continual complications. I think he has some liver and kidney problems as well. He does attend public school (elementary) and is more physically active than anyone would have predicted. I think they implanted a shaft to straighten his back out or something.

If you click this page:www.tsrhc.org...
You notice that the Masonic lodges host a scholarship program; this is because a lot of kids, after they are well enough to go to school, have families who don't have any more money after dealing with a major illness; they usually cannot afford college. TSRHC has a scholarship program for the kids they help, so they'll get as much education as they can use, as well.

Anyway, I looked on TSRHC website, and they mention the fact they are free. I bet the one in Victoria, since it doesn't say that, probably just charges at cost instead of "customary" expense.

That'd be my guess.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Ah-ha! Hospitals! The Masons are running hospitals, and they are doing it in a non-profit manner!!
I knew they were up to something.

Anti-capitalist swine...er...monkeys!

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
You may have been unaware of the Shrine Hospitals, but their burn units and charitable efforts on behalf of children are known worldwide. This has been going on for 50 years or more. The Shriners hold regular fundraising events (incuding circuses) to fund the hospitals.

Yes, the Shrine Hospitals treat burns, but they also treat orthopaedic conditions, and have expanded into spine deformities, they've been doing this for more than 80 years now (since 1922).

www.shrinershq.org...

Current FY2005 budget... 625 million dollars, all covered by charitable donations (mostly from Shriners, and endowments from Shriners). The Shrine Circuses do not factor into this, and are a separate non tax deductible fund raisers that support the Shrine Temples (which are used for meetings, screening and follow up clinics). Donations directly to the hospitals are always tax deductible.

Just to be fair, another fantastic charitable hospital organization is Danny Thomas' St. Jude's Hospital

Damn, he's a Freemason too.

Anybody catching a reoccurring theme here?

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Yeah, you people are very sneaky when it comes to taking over the world - one sick person at a time.

Well, i just want you to know that I'm on to you guys!

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Yeah, you people are very sneaky when it comes to taking over the world - one sick person at a time.

Nothing slips past ole' detective TC... Nope, nothing at all.

Busted Monkeys, not just for blown cover anymore...

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I'm curious does anyone know exactly how the Freemasons got into hospital charity to start with? Where was the first one? Who were the first patients? What were their ailments?

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

LOL Nothing gets past you, Thomas! That's why we like you!

Seriously, I live in Sacramento and we have a HUGE Shiner's Hospital It's also the newest hospital in town. The staff is top-notch and equipment is State of The Art. A friend of mine had his daughter's legs worked on there...didn't cost him a penny.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TgSoe
I'm curious does anyone know exactly how the Freemasons got into hospital charity to start with? Where was the first one? Who were the first patients? What were their ailments?

History of Shriners Childrens Hospitals

Also, in "Morals and Dogma", Albert Pike encouraged Scottish Rite Temples to do more in charity, such as sponsoring schools, scholarships, paying for medical treatment for the poor, etc. This was written when the Scottish Rite membership was extremely small, and its charities non-existent.

Eventually, as membership began to grow, so did the Rite's charitable work, and there are now two Scottish Rite Childrens Hospitals (in Dallas and Atlanta), and scores of Scottish Rite Childrens Language Disorder Clinics. My home Temple has a clinic built adjacent to it, and the therapists who work there are excellent.

The York Rite also sponsors charities, such as medical research and the Knight Templar Eye Foundation, which pays for eye surgeries and treatments for the elderly who are on fixed incomes.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   
We have a healthcare system quite similar to Canada's here in Australia, at least from what I understand about the Canadian system.

You can go to any public hospital, through emergency/casualty or for a regular operation or 'non-urgent operation' and when you leave, you don't pay a cent.

I guess that concept is rather, foreign for most americans to beleive hey?

Well we don't spend all our money on Military you see, we take care of our own first.

Although that said, some of the public hospital waiting times for so-called 'non-urgent surgery' can be horrific. 3-6 months at least for a hip replacement i beleive.. of course if you don't like that wait you can always go to a private hospital, although that WILL cost you (or your insurer).

We have the choice, and for urgent and life-threatening healthcare our Public system is just as good (though you might not get a room with a View). If you are in 'discomfort' waiting for your 'non-urgent' srugery you can always pay if you want, but at least you get the option of free healthcare.

Having said that, the freemasons hospital is one of the BEST in the country. It has saved many lives in my family and even the lives of some of my friends. The doctors there are among the best in the world and often work there 2/3 days and at a private hospital for the remainder of the week, so I can assure you it is not 'second rate healthcare'.

Freemasons are reknown for their charity work and the millions they donate, and with our government having its own free-healthcare system, i don't see why this is so hard to beleive?

Might I add the Freemasons day-care centre (for day surgery etc) is right next to a Freemasons theatre/auditorium i beleive. There are a HEAP of freemasons centres all around Australia, infact I'd say the 'freemason' culture is more firmly intrenched here than in many other parts of the world.

[edit on 12-11-2005 by ekul08]

[edit on 12-11-2005 by ekul08]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join