It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.music: My version of Eruption by Van Halen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   

PODcast: My version of Eruption by Van Halen
A classic Eddie Van Halen guitar solo performed by George Hayes!

length: 01:57
file: btsmpod_819.mp3
size: 1829k
feed: btsm

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I got really bored so I decided to rig up my Guitar and do a little recording!

I'm really pleased with the guitar sound I got out of this

I choose a 1978 cab to give it a more old school feel, I used my Jackson guitar my stepdad got in the 1980s.

I'll try and post up some of my original stuff very soon, maybe an ATS theme tune!

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Very enjoyable!! I wanna be able to play that good someday... lol nice job! sounds real good.
*votes you way above for this*

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Dude...............that was impressive!!!

This is certainly not a put-down so please don't take it as such. There towards the end where you have to do the fast-finger work really made me appreciate how truly hard that part is to play and duplicate. You pulled it off great, but the speed difference was noticable. Excellent work nonetheless.

Peace

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Awesome.

Nice work. Post more, please.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
STT,

Great playing, sweet tone. What type of Jackson were you shredding with if you don't mind. I recently sold my SL1 and am still feeling the pain, man I miss her.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Thanks everyone!

I learn't this when I was like 14 so I haven't gone back on the tab or anything - The 1st bit is all improvised kinda.

Dr Love.

Yeah, I slowed down alot on the string-skipping and fingertapping part. Guess I should have done a work out before hand, lol

Heres my Jackson guitars. I used the black one on the recording. I'll have to ask my stepdad what model it is, but Its all one piece, which is hard to find nowadays. Its has EMG pick ups too!

Thanks Cpr12!

[edit on 8-11-2005 by Spreadthetruth]

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
oooo Nice guitars.. you teach yourself?

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpr12r
oooo Nice guitars.. you teach yourself?

Well, my brother introduced me to basic chord songs when I was starting out, then my stepdad (whos a guitar teacher at my college) helped me be showing me some scales and basic things to practice.

Apart from that, I mainly teach myself using his huge collection of rock CDs

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Wow sounds liek a lot of fun.... I take some like group lessons as a music class for school (8th grade) and I teach myself a bit and soon I'll be starting some private lessons. I find playing the guitar a lot of fun and it's stress releaving.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Wow! That was great!

You are quite a talented musician.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
STT, whoa!

awesome!!

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Hey, nice go at eruption, sounds very good and played very well. Now you should try and play it backwards, least that is what I did lol more challenging. Actually the most challenging thing about VH is getting his sound and you did a good job of that.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Thanks everyone!

My band and I have just entered XFM's classic rock cover competition. We are covering 'Paranoid' by Black Sabbath (Its a little more Randy Rhoads influenced
)

Hmmm.... Eruption backwards..... I'll give it a go

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
oo gotta get a recording of that i'd love to hear it!! lol

Good luck in the contest!!

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Sounds great! I'm going to put a link out to the version the other guitarist in my band just performed live last weekend (11/12/05). This is a video and it's a little blurry because I had to add light to it to be able to see it, but the sound came out pretty good for a standard camcorder.

www.springfieldsolutions.com...

This is Paul Carson of Springfield, Mo. He can play.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I moved the vid, so I thought I'd updat the link: www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   
You are actually leaving out some notes at the :50 mark and at a few other areas but I am still impressed and glad to know there are some people out there that still play guitar.

Considering all the stuff you hear today, bubble gum sounding crap that's pre-recorded, sampled and with no creativity at all [verse-chorus-verse-chorus, no bridge, no lead, verse chorus, end], the sound of your overdriven [is that a humbucker] guitar sounds refreshing.
Awe, brings back memories, where's my Fender?

Thanks

Regarding HipHop / RAP, why would is it considered MUSIC if there are no musical instruments involved?

top topics

join