It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A nuclear bank?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
This is an inresting idea by the IAEA Directory general and the recent annual non-proliferation conference of the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace

In an exclusive BBC interview Mr ElBaradei said that he had received "a good encouraging response from the United States".Washington," he said, "was ready to offer some nuclear material to be part of the fuel bank. I got the same response from Russia. So we are hard at work," he told me. And he hopes that in the next six months or so the IAEA should be able to come up with a mechanism to enable countries to get the fuel they need and, at the same time, accept a moratorium on developing their own fuel cycle facilities.

source

[edit on 8-11-2005 by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE]

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
This is a good idea.
The problem with it is that it can still be taken from the reactor and used for a weapon.
Think what N Korea did with it's nuclear power plant fuel.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   
This is a brilliant idea.

Though i concern over how pracitcal it would actually be. If a country was using nuclear power and got all of the uranium from the bank, they could slowly increase their monthly requests a few % more than they actually need, and start storing it.

new topics

join