It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President and Vice President DO NOT have to attend Ethics classes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The word from Fox news is that everyone at the White House will be attending, by alphabetical order, except the above two.

I think they should go.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Occurs they don't have too Dg they are the ones that wrote The Books on Ethics

They are good at it too.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Wow! dgtempe watches FOX!

There's hope for you after all!

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It might frighten you to know that i am an avid watcher of Fox, I do it for the fun of it...THEN i switch to CNN or MSNBC to get the real prespective on the news.
Its a mind game with me.

I also listen to Sean Hannity, have listened to Limbaugh
and you know what? These people frighten me into being more left than i should be. I am a Moderate Liberal (card carrying, of course)

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Reading the New York Times scares me into being more conservative,
I watch MSNBC -- some of the shows are good,
Watching CNN just scares me, it's so bad

As far as the topic goes (sorry to derail it dg), I don't think the President should have to go to any class, it would set a bad precedent. I think the whole thing is a joke though and also a bad idea as it's kind of admitting in wrongdoing and I don't think there was any, at least not until the investigation which should have been cut short long before any opportunity for perjury or other ancillary crimes could have taken place since it was clear the Covert Agent Identities Act wasn't broken.

More and more, the federal gov't thinks it can call anyone in and ask them any question about anything and if you lie or even forget something charge you with a crime. This is a very dangerous path we're going down.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I agree, its a dangerous path, alright. But we perceive danger in a different way, and these players KNOW the masses and how to "work" them, IMHO.

Yes, it would be very troubling to the world if they heard that the top two officials in the greatest country on earth had to go to learn how to straighten up their act. Its a shame. A darn shame. What are the cliches? The apple doesnt fall far from the tree, bla bla bla...

I think they should have laid low and left this subject alone without gathering White House members to attend a seminar, if they are in such high positions and need ethics trainning, my gosh, there IS something very wrong.

Some things are better off left alone. This is one of them.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
It's kinda like admitting there is something wrong in the culture of this whitehouse. Just from personal experience HR doesn't send employees to Ethics or Diversity training unless there are on going issues that could get the company sued.

I think Dubya and Dick should not only go but they should be teaching the class and it should be aired in primetime on the networks. Prove to us you know what Ethics are # 1 and 2.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
This whole thing is PR. If Scoots, Rove, Cheney et al didn't know it was against the law to reveal a CIA agent, or didn't know it was wrong to try to exact revenge on Joe Wilson by revealing his wife's identity, or didn't know it's NOT ok to lie under oath, then they shouldn't be in the White House in the first place!

They don't need an education! They know the information, they just don't care.

So, there's going to be an ethics class, giving the impression that these people didn't know they were doing anything wrong.

And then the big guys... The ones who are really guilty of the whole thing, are above the law, so to speak. They don't have to go because they already know that all these things are wrong. They would never do anything unethical or illegal, so why should they go?

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Isn't the definition of a psychopath one who knows right from wrong but just doesn't care?

That describes just about all of Congress. On both sides of the aisle. Few exceptions.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join