It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French government has listed its terms for surrender to Jihad

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShakyaHeir
As someone already mentioned in this thread, the PS2 was created in Japan. If you had said X-box you might have had a valid point, but even then Microsoft got into the video game industry long after japanese companies had established it as a profitable business.

I was referring to the invention of, not the cheap labor forces that are now producing them.

Japan not only invented the PS2, but video games in general.

And right now the most advanced processor that mankind has created thus so far was made through a joint venture with Sony, Toshiba, and IBM.

I don't think you bothered to do any research before making that post.
The US made the video games profitable with systems such as the Atari.

It was also the US that made the first Computer/Video games.

en.wikipedia.org...

This thread has now veered way off but I didn't want to let that slip.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Why is anyone surprised... France surrenders every time it is attacked.

Seriously though... I never thought I would be saying this, but France is trying to do what all the states in the USA should be doing... trying to round up illegal aliens and ship them out. Good for them. They should shoot these illegals... they are not French citizens and do not belong there and should not be afforded any rights that citizens have.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by craig732

Seriously though... I never thought I would be saying this, but France is trying to do what all the states in the USA should be doing... trying to round up illegal aliens and ship them out. Good for them. They should shoot these illegals... they are not French citizens and do not belong there and should not be afforded any rights that citizens have.

I know of a little guy with a moustache back in the 30 -ies which would realy win your sympathy then, just replace "jews" with "muslims"... We all know how "well" that turned out right ? This is the road America is on, an extreme road.

[edit on 10-11-2005 by XyZeR]

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I think the French should shoot everybody that resists and anyone that fuels violance.."at this point and stage needed "measures" need to be implemented"

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
If you don’t want people making “statements” about Islam, maybe you should work a little harder to keep the extremists among your faith in check….

*sigh*, yeah its that easy..
Maybe if the West tried harder to get the Muslims overall on their side instead of pushing them away..

Now Muslims just have to choose between evil and lesser evil right?

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   
From Philly.com's London correspondent Gwynne Dyer:

Scum," French Interior Minister Nicolas Sarkozy called the rioters who have seized control of many working-class "suburbs" around Paris every night since Oct. 27, when two teenagers died in an accident that many blame on the police.

Sarkozy plans to run for the presidency next year, and he wants to seem even tougher on crime and on immigrants (two separate issues that he regularly conflates) than his main rival, Prime Minister Dominique de Villepin. But his conviction that the policy of multiculturalism has failed has become the new popular wisdom in France, where right-wing commentators refer to the riots as the "Paris intifada" - as if the rioters were all Muslims.

Meanwhile, right-wing American commentators gloat that the French, who refused to follow the Bush administration on its crusade against alleged Islamic extremists in the Middle East (you know, like Saddam Hussein), now face a Muslim uprising at home. Multiculturalism, as an alternative to the U.S. "melting pot" approach in which second- or third- generation immigrants eventually lose their old identities and merge into the majority, is now under attack everywhere.

Even William Pfaff, the best informed of American commentators, no longer believes that people of profoundly different traditions can live side by side in the same country. After the July terror bombings in London, he wrote in the Observer that "a half-century of well-intentioned but catastrophically mistaken policy of multiculturalism, indifferent or even hostile to social and cultural integration, has produced in Britain and much of Europe a technologically educated but culturally and morally unassimilated immigrant demi-intelligentsia."

He was in effect arguing that the London bombs would not have happened if British immigration policy over the last 50 years had extinguished any sense of solidarity between the descendants of Muslim immigrants to Britain and Muslims elsewhere. True - but not invading Iraq would have prevented the London bombs at much less cost.

The real problem is not the failure of multiculturalism. The Paris riots are actually a splendid demonstration of the successful integration of immigrants into French culture (which has, after all, a long tradition of insurrection and revolution). The Paris riots are not a Muslim uprising. They are not even race riots. They are outbursts of resentment and frustration by the marginalized and the unemployed of every ethnic group.

The low-income housing estates that ring Paris and other big French cities are dumping grounds for everybody that hasn't made it in the cool 21st-century France of the urban centers, the old white working class as well as immigrants from France's former colonies in Arabic-speaking North Africa and sub-Saharan black Africa and from all the poorer countries of Europe. Unemployment there is often twice the national average of 10 percent. But they are not Muslim- or even nonwhite-majority communities.

Ethnic groups live jumbled together in apartment towers. The kid gangs that dominate the estates steal from strangers and residents alike and fight among themselves for control of the drug trade. But these are models of racial and cultural integration. What is happening now is neither an intifada nor a race riot - small comfort to the owners of the 28,000 vehicles burned on those estates so far this year.

This is an incoherent revolt by kids, many of them gang members, who would once have formed the next generation of the French working class. No longer needed in that role, they have no future, so they are very angry. But they are not politically organized, so after a few more nights the violence will die down again for a while.

These are neither American-style race riots nor a Muslim rebellion. About half the kids burning cars and buildings are white, working- class, post-Christian French, and they get along with the black and Muslim kids just fine.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 05:06 AM
link   

These are neither American-style race riots nor a Muslim rebellion. About half the kids burning cars and buildings are white, working- class, post-Christian French, and they get along with the black and Muslim kids just fine.

This guy is full of crap.
He isn't even reporting from Paris is he?
How does he know that half these kids are white and how does he explain why muslim owned businesses were not burned?

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by uknumpty
From Philly.com's London correspondent Gwynne Dyer:

I snipped the article quote, but that was a good read and great information, ty uknumpty

This part of the quote I left tho, this is what alot of people fail to realize and why is it so hard for them to understand ?
What scares me is that this just may start to happen everywhere else (USA, UK, Australia etc ...) Because the 2nd and 3rd generation are en entirely different breed sadly IMO, and I only speak from what I see and hear and who I know.
I really do fear our "civilization" shall not be so civil moing forward, if we continue this way

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by craig732

No, it doesn't. Any nation that could withstand the hideous losses of the First World War without breaking, is strong. They just had bloody awful leadership in the WW2, along with the Indochinese war (Dien Bien Phu etc).
The riots have been building for years. France has made no real effort to integrate immigrants into its society and there are areas where there is 40% unemployment. With the pressure building up, riots were just a matter of time. This is their equivalent of the Brixton and Toxteth riots, which happened here in Britain in the early 80's. If you ignore social problems for long enough they come around and bite you on the ass.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkmind If you ignore social problems for long enough they come around and bite you on the ass.

but the french claim to not ignore social problems. they claim they're society is idyllic and that rioting such as the ones seen in the US and Britain could never, would never, happen there.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkmind
The riots have been building for years. France has made no real effort to integrate immigrants into its society and there are areas where there is 40% unemployment. With the pressure building up, riots were just a matter of time. This is their equivalent of the Brixton and Toxteth riots, which happened here in Britain in the early 80's. If you ignore social problems for long enough they come around and bite you on the ass.

Yeah, if the French people are surprised at what's happening then they've seriously been out of the loop. You could see this coming for years. Why their politicians insist on sweeping problems under a rug puzzles me....

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Look every race and society in the history of mankind has been responsible for genocides, pillaging, wars, conquering and destroying lesser cultures. It has never been predominately one culture/race/color or another. Whether it has been in the "best of national interests" is irrelevant because what happened was immoral and wrong. Anything done to one human being by another that causes sufferring is immoral and unjustfiable.

I don't live in France and probably never will. I cant claim to know why these people are rioting and neither should anyone who isn't on the front lines. I do know that people do not riot for no reason at all. Thousands of people across a country do not just start rioting out of nowehere and destroy their own neighborhoods for the fun of it.

I do know that as a young spanish kid in the U.S. , I and my friends have been harassed and detained several times for no reason at all. Not one I could conclude. No charges pressed, no arrests made. Jut unwarranted searches and detainments. Who knows what they were after, perhaps they thought we were criminals. I know if it happens here in the U.S. though, it damn well happens in France.

I for one am more inclined to believe the people who are on the streets fighting and not the rich people, politicians the "whatever" press, or the people spreading hate from their computer somewhere in the world who have no idea what is truly going on in the streets. It is after all the rioters who are trying to spread their message about their plight, nobody else.

We should look past the rioters specific race/religion/skin color and simply acknowledge the issues they are bringing forth. These could be anyone anywehere. They could be youths of various religous and/or ethnic backgrounds in the streets of Brazil, China, Britain, or anywhere else. At present time they are the people who they are in France. The issue we should be looking at is not who they are but why they are rioting above all.

[edit on 11/10/2005 by DYepes]

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Nevermind folks, it's all winding down now.

No 'Jihad' and no 'surrender'.

Those looking forward to their beloved race war are going to have to wait a lot longer.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Sadly, from a (reputable) news report today:

Article

Excerpt:

"Stop the Violence," read one banner draped on the Wall of Peace near the Eiffel Tower. Some of the 200 demonstrators _ a small turnout in protest-friendly France _ waved white flags.

So, this thread is not a stereotype of the french ...

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
Nevermind folks, it's all winding down now.

No 'Jihad' and no 'surrender'.

Those looking forward to their beloved race war are going to have to wait a lot longer.

Yeah, it's winding down with only 463 cars burned last night. CBS
I think it needs to wind down a lot more than that.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Sadly, from a (reputable) news report today:

Article

Excerpt:

"Stop the Violence," read one banner draped on the Wall of Peace near the Eiffel Tower. Some of the 200 demonstrators _ a small turnout in protest-friendly France _ waved white flags.

So, this thread is not a stereotype of the french ...

I wonder when that google french defeat page will be updated.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
Yeah, it's winding down with only 463 cars burned last night. CBS
I think it needs to wind down a lot more than that.

Exactly! Plus, it's only the curfew (that actually gives police much broader powers in France than that means to us in the U.S.) has helped curtail this. What happens when that is lifted and many of those who participated are still on the streets?

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

I wonder when that google french defeat page will be updated.

Wasn't sure exactly what you meant so I did a google search using the words "french defeat" ....

and got Results 1 - 10 of about 9,630,000 for french defeat. (0.30 seconds)

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Wasn't sure exactly what you meant so I did a google search using the words "french defeat" ....

and got Results 1 - 10 of about 9,630,000 for french defeat. (0.30 seconds)

google FRENCH MILITARY VICTORIES
then hit Feeling Lucky

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Oh that was precious!
I am still laughing on the results!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join