It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French government has listed its terms for surrender to Jihad

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   
No joke. The French government has already outlined an “offer” intended to appease the rioters (jihadists) so they will stop rioting…at the expense of France. That’s called surrender.

To appease people willing to kill, burn, and destroy virtually every town and city in your nation because “they feel treated unfairly”, will only lead to more trouble and violence. People who resort to violence before reason only understand one thing…Violence.

My opinion is that France is making a mistake. Don’t get me wrong, it’s ok to make changes to appease your population, but not as they are actively destroying the nation. Squash the Jihad, and then worry about changes that will prevent future problems.

This proposal by France also assumes that the rioters are just disgruntled citizens and immigrants. But reality suggests otherwise: Jihad. The facts are that this is a well organized attack by mainly Muslims. Muslim businesses are being www.opinion.telegraph.co.uk.../opinion/2005/11/07/do0701.xml&sSheet=/opinion/2005/11/07/ixopinion.html" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">spared, bomb making safe houses have been found, the “rioters” are even chanting Jihad rhetoric (video)

Source:

Community leaders from France's main ethnic minorities have demanded new laws to end discrimination in jobs and housing, and an end to what they say is police harassment.

They resent police searches for "sans-papiers" - illegal immigrants - and the constant threat of deportation hanging over them. They also want the right to vote, even for those without French citizenship.

In response, Mr de Villepin proposed:

A tripling of state scholarships in poor areas, and increased spending on training schemes for under-achieving young people. Some 150,000 children, mainly from immigrant families, are leaving school without any qualifications.

A lowering to 14 of the age when children wanting to quit school can begin an apprenticeship; this idea was at once criticized by some teachers' leaders

More company job training schemes in problem areas. Immigrants with a college degree complain they rarely even get job interviews because of blatant discrimination

An urban renewal programme, re-building districts damaged by the riots and building more humane living environments

More, unspecified, sanctions to counter social discrimination of all kinds.

ALLAHU AKBAR!!

Some other references regarding the French battle against Jihad:
www.msnbc.msn.com...
www.alertnet.org...
service.spiegel.de...
www.ynetnews.com...
apnews.myway.com...
www.jihadwatch.org...
www.frontpagemag.com...
www.jihadwatch.org...

[edit on 8-11-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Oh!, it's a "Jihad" in France now is it? I thought it was just a bunch of people letting off steam, which turned into a nationwide copycat event.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
No joke. The French government has already outlined an “offer” intended to appease the rioters (jihadists) so they will stop rioting…at the expense of France. That’s called surrender.

you sir are correct,

France is basically surrendering to Islamofasisms.

PS France you on you own this time, we have our own massive internal problems.

[edit on 8-11-2005 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I guess France is well on its way to becoming Vichystan.

What are they thinking? Why don't they call out the military and crush this rebellion?

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Those idiots.
I wouldn't give them poo.

I wouldn't even spend French taxpayer money to rebuild the immigrant neighborhoods that the rioters destroyed.
The immigrants destroyed it, let them rebuild it.

Leave all of the burnt out cars in the streets and let every building that was destroyed rot down.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8/11/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Oh!, it's a "Jihad" in France now is it? I thought it was just a bunch of people letting off steam, which turned into a nationwide copycat event.

Hey, I just report what I read and see. You watch the video link I posted of the "rioters" chanting Jihad statements and rhetoric?

Believe it my friends. Regardless of what started these riots, its all about the Jihad now...

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Jihadis eh? You including all the White, Afro-Carribean and African rioters in your misguided assumption then?

Why do I get the impression a race war turns you on?

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Hey uknumpty, some people see "Jihadists" everywhere. I think it's another form of the old "reds under the bed" paranoia, just another perceived enemy now

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Hey uknumpty, some people see "Jihadists" everywhere. I think it's another form of the old "reds under the bed" paranoia, just another perceived enemy now

Yet still no response to the video showing the rioters chanting and yelling Jihad slogans. Typical....

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   

France's biggest Muslim fundamentalist organization, the Union for Islamic Organizations of France, issued a fatwa, or religious decree. It forbade all those "who seek divine grace from taking part in any action that blindly strikes private or public property or can harm others."

LINK

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I could tell from Chiracs first adress on the situation that they were considering appeasement but i thought they would at least wait until the violence stopped before they started offering deals. What happened to the precondition that violence must end before they talk terms? The rioters are going to see this as a sign of weakness on the part of the French government and if they want something changed in the future they are going to remember that violence worked last time. Oh and I'm not sold on the idea the riots are religious in nature but it hardly matters what they are about. You don't give into anyone that uses violence to get what they want. It will only encourage further violence.

[edit on 8-11-2005 by Sabre262]

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Your title needs to be corrected.

Riots are not the same as a war. When we had the Watts riots in the 1960's, it wasn't a war.

The French government hasn't declared war. It hasn't drawn up a treaty with anyone, nor do the rioters have any declared leader or government structure that anyone could make a treaty with. They're bored youth who are easily led and who don't think beyond tomorrow.

They fall prey to people giving them information under misleading sound-bites.

And I don't see that addressing severe social issues is tantamount to surrender, though you might feel that we in America surrendered to the handicapped by putting in access ramps that they forced us to do (actually quite a big issue though you've forgotten it) and surrendered to the Blacks to give them votes and surrendered to the Indians, too, to let them have their children raised according to their own beliefs and not kidnapped and sent to Christian schools.

Your war-mileage may vary.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Yet still no response to the video showing the rioters chanting and yelling Jihad slogans. Typical....

And likewise if I were filmed chanting and yelling slogans for the Tooting Popular Front, you'd assume that the Tooting Popular Front were responsible for all the rioting? Typical...

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Hey, I just report what I read and see. You watch the video link I posted of the "rioters" chanting Jihad statements and rhetoric?

Believe it my friends. Regardless of what started these riots, its all about the Jihad now...

You do realize that your source does not contain the word Jihad.
You are not just reporting, you are spinning.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   

They resent police searches for "sans-papiers" - illegal immigrants - and the constant threat of deportation hanging over them. They also want the right to vote, even for those without French citizenship.

What!

They resent the fact that the police are searching for illegal immigrants... They should have known that if they moved to France without going through the proper process that they were doing something illegal and that the country would search for people breaking the law.

The right to vote, even though they are not French Citizens!?! Gimme a break.

I think these demands are going a bit far. Maybe those that are there legally, although not french citizens, could have some type of representation, but I think that as far as voting goes, you really should be a citizen of the country.

Edit: Rephrase comment

[edit on 11/8/2005 by DCFusion]

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by uknumpty

France's biggest Muslim fundamentalist organization, the Union for Islamic Organizations of France, issued a fatwa, or religious decree. It forbade all those "who seek divine grace from taking part in any action that blindly strikes private or public property or can harm others."

LINK

And what does "Union for Islamic Organizations of France" have to do with Jihadists buring up the country? Are you suggesting they control all Muslims in France? Represent all Muslims in France? Or are you suggesting this group is responisble for Franch jihad and these particular Jihadists are doing so unauthorized?

Bottom line is that the group you mentioned speaking agaisnt such Muslim violence has nothing to do with the Jihad riots currently going on.

Muslim organizations denounce beheadings all day long, but Islamic Jihadists still do it.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
OK, I watched the video link supplied. I didn't see any Jihadist chanting or declared Jihad anywhere in the clip. The 3rd portion of the video was in English (not Dutch and French as the first 2/3) and nowhere was Jihad mentioned. The gentleman being interviewed made the comment that islamic hardliners and organised crime were fueling the riots but no declaration of a Jihad.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Your title needs to be corrected.

Riots are not the same as a war. When we had the Watts riots in the 1960's, it wasn't a war.

But thats if you assume that these are just riots. The organization, the preparation, and the actions of the "rioters" are more in tune with a coordinated attack. Factor in the open declarations of Jihad and now its an attack, not a riot. Just because France hasnt reacted as such, does not mean the attackers mean anything less than war.

And yes of course"surrender" is a loose term here, accurate and not accurate at the same time. It can describe the situation depending on what side your opinions falls on here: Riot or Jihadist attack.

For me, this is the first battle in Europe of the new crusades.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Hey, ease up, at least they're sticking to something they know. Wine, cheese, surrender; at least two are viable exports.

The virtual capitulation of the French government is puzzling at best, this is the country that went halfway around the world to bomb Greenpeace, but can't muster the resolve to deal with these miscreants in their own back yard.

Renault can win the Formula One World Championship as well, but all we ever got was the "Le Car" and the "Fuego," how lame was that?

I guess I'll have to go back to reminiscing about Charles De Gaulle and the "Citreon."

Dismissed.

[edit on 8-11-2005 by Major Discrepancy]

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Doing something as a reaction to violence rather than peaceful protest is as far as I'm concerned surrender and not just to the rioters but also a surrender of the ideals of democratic process. In a democracy change only happens if you can convice people it's a good idea and peaceful rallies not riots are the way to do this. These appeasements are not going to do any good, just watch as they see it as a sign of weakness and get even bolder in their attacks. They aren't even sure what these people want really...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join