It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Torturing Terrorist Prisoners?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
What President Bush told the press was that the U.S Government does not torture the terrorists that they hold in America. It also talks about how Cheney is looking to getting the congress to exempt the CIA from the torture ban. He said, "We do not torture." after someone mentioned secret CIA prisons in Europe and Asia. Cheney and Bush are trying to stop the torture ban. If they can't stop it, they at least want it changed. The Red Cross is trying to access these supposedly secret prisons the CIA is holding overseas. It is not sure that these prisons exist, so investigations are being launched.

news.yahoo.com
President Bush on Monday defended U.S. interrogation practices and called the treatment of terrorism suspects lawful. "We do not torture," Bush declared in response to reports of secret CIA prisons overseas.

Bush supported an effort spearheaded by Vice President Dick Cheney to block or modify a proposed Senate-passed ban on torture.

"We're working with Congress to make sure that as we go forward, we make it possible, more possible, to do our job," Bush said. "There's an enemy that lurks and plots and plans and wants to hurt America again. And so, you bet we will aggressively pursue them. But we will do so under the law."

Cheney is seeking to persuade Congress to exempt the Central Intelligence Agency from the proposed torture ban if one is passed by both chambers.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I think its weird that Cheney is trying to exempt the CIA from the ban. I mean if bush says that, "We do not torture." why are they trying to stop or modify the torture ban? It doesn't add up. It actually makes them look like they are torturing prisoners if they try to stop the ban.

If they really were being nice to the prisoners, they wouldn't care about the torture ban passing would they now?

It sort of gave the reader the question, Is the U.S torturing prisoners? Or is the CIA torturing prisoners? I thought this was very interesting.

Enjoy,
Conspiracy Theorist06

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
OP/ED: Freedom? What Freedom?
NEWS: U.N Rights Workers Veto Camp X-Ray Open Day Offer.

[edit on 11/10/05 by FredT]

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Please excuse the bias vote. I had never voted on an article before and way trying to elude that the article had 'no bias'.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Hey man please don't do it. Because guess what. 10 bias votes gets it kicked off the site. It takes fifteen to get officially on the site. Thats ok. Just don't tell everyone to vote no.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
people are voting no!

Vote yes!
please! for the good of a 14 year olds soul.
please.

new topics

top topics

join