Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

I say enough with capitolism..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Correction: There are more than 45,000,000 in poverty in the good ol' U. S. of A. ... and counting!

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 12:12 AM
link   
i'm sorry you don't like loving people tassadar, tis sad u'd rather have paper than love
i think money is stupid

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 02:50 AM
link   
im willing to bet, you just some 14-17 year old kid who is just figuring out the political/economical system. Hopefully kid, you do what i did; read enough pro-commie books to realize that it was a buncha crap, so, in conclusion; examine your ideals, then look at which political philosopy works best, you might find you were looking the wrong direction.
Best of luck learning.
~BWBT~

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeingWatchedByThem
im willing to bet, you just some 14-17 year old kid who is just figuring out the political/economical system. Hopefully kid, you do what i did; read enough pro-commie books to realize that it was a buncha crap, so, in conclusion; examine your ideals, then look at which political philosopy works best, you might find you were looking the wrong direction.
Best of luck learning.
~BWBT~

Yes, while you're at it, read...
Reason in Revolt by Alan Woods & Ted Grant

online book: www.marxist.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tassadar
24k, 96k, 300k, it's all the same, thse who work their @$$e$ off can the same amount of money as the street bums...
How can you possibly accept being the same as everyone else?
We'd be like *chokes*...machines...

Yes, If we were the same as everyone else, we'd be in one of those "love yourself, love your mother, love you brother, love your father, love your planet..." utopian societies where no one ever reached the highest possible achievement for themselves.
Again, why don't you want to "Be all you can be!"?
- Tass

Communism isn't about conformity, it's about equality. We're already like machines, or rather cogs in one machine, in capitalist society, everyone is trying to live a mediocre life in the suburbs like everyone else, and that's what we call success.

Did you know that everyone in the USSR had a job, and was a member of a Soviet ( a worker's council )? And if their supervisor found that they were not working to the best of their ability, they would either lose that job or be fined. The only people who lived off the state were those who were physically incapable of working.

Some of us don't think we need money to be all we can be anyway.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 12:38 AM
link   
books don't sway my opinion so much as they add to evidence of either side, i have to come up with something major to change my opinion right now

[Edited on 28-9-2003 by banjoechef]

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by banjoechef
books don't sway my opinion so much as they add to evidence of either side, i have to come up with something major to change my opinion right now

[Edited on 28-9-2003 by banjoechef]

No, I imagine books have very little impact on your life.

I figured out a page or so ago that your opinion, along with a couple others, will not be affected by the facts, so I quit wasting my time. I'm glad to see you post the reason as I knew it to be, anyway!

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 12:19 PM
link   
you have interpreted me entirely incorrectly, however i'm gonna leave this post because it is becomgin redundant

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Communism is flawed, genious, for the fact it forgot to put the human nature element in its structure. Oh and by the way its Capitalism, chief, not Capitolism.

[Edited on 29-9-2003 by Cearbhall]

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Nevermind, Cearbhall, bajo doesn't let education stand in his way!

[Edited on 29-9-2003 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 09:26 AM
link   
must you continue with the superfluous comments about the way i chose to express my ideals

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Like I said it is flawed, ur living a pipe dream amigo.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 09:04 PM
link   
oh no it's flawed... and the capitalist system is flawless i'm sure
flaws are not whats being argued, we are argueing which system is better, each system has it's flaws

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Your ideals? Your ideas are not ideal, let's say!

Neither system is flawless, of course. Nothing of which man is in control will be flawless, but Capitalism at least expects man to be responsible for himself, making for himself what he may. Also, the notion that capitalism equates to greed flies in the face of facts. Fact is, capitalistic nations are the most generous nations. Good thing for the communistic nations! Elsewise, they'd starve!

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Look man, this guy lives in Chlicothe OHIO... I was BORN in Chardon, Ohio (not far away) and if I still LIVED there Iwould be Pro Commy too! Give him a break man!

Strigoi...

I fyou end up at the end of the month wih MORE bills than you have MONEY to pay for, that is NOT capitalism's fault, it's YOUR fault! You OVERSPENT! Do NOT live beyond YOUR means!

If you do live BEYOND your means, you have NO RIGHT asking US to PAY for it! Get REAL! Would YOU pay for your sister's new car just because she couldn't and you could?! Would THAT be fair? Especially when YOU don't even get to DRIVE IT?! Hell no!

P...
m...

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 11:27 PM
link   

You OVERSPENT

hows that? i had to move out of mom and dads and i got the cheapest place i could find, i work full time and i barely still get by, but things change. i'm sure since you lived here you are familar with the job market, and i don't think my car would be able to make the journey to colubmus everyday for a better job.

i don't know why we are back to me because my personal situation has nothing to do with the topic. i have always had pro communist views. i dont' remmber asking to use anyone's money for my problems either.

[Edited on 2-10-2003 by Strigoi]

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 11:36 PM
link   
When you request Communism YOU ask for MY MONEY. It's quite simple really, the same people who PRODUCE now will continue to PRODUCE and those who DON'T now still WON'T after the change.

THAT'S what brought down EVERY Communist Regime that fell so far. The only two still standing are RACING back toward a capitalist economy just as fast as they can get OUR investment dollars.

Whatever YOU did is immaterial, if you do't have enough money to pay your bills each month you have OVERSPENT and are living beyond your means.

The whole POINT of a capitalist society is that when you find yourself in that position you are MOTIVATED to IMPROVE your situation and will work HARDER to do so.

The GOOD news is that in a capitalistic economy you can actually DO just that! IN a Communist society you are STUCK where you find yourself! Broke and bored...

ALL I am saying is it is up to YOU to improve your lot in life NOBODY else! You will tolerate exactly what you are willing to tolerate and that will be your life. At least it's up to YOU and NOT some bureacrat!

PEACE...
m...

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 01:53 AM
link   
and i bet you want to abolish the constitution because it does not suit your needs and desires...
man wake up get a job create one or get on wellfare and stop complaining...
in the mean time lobby you congressman for more american opportunities in labor force and laws restricting free enterprise...

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 07:07 AM
link   
all through your life I ME MINE I ME MINE I ME MINE

no wonder the world is #ed

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by banjoechef
you think science only progresses because scientists make money? man thats a shallow thought

why did we beat the russians to the moon? why do we have a space shuttle when the russians still dont have one? why have most of our aircraft over come thier disadvantages to the russian ones? WHY DID STALIN STEAL THE PLANS FOR THE B-29? Why did they rely in the Rosenbergs to give them the plans for the Bomb? there will be far fewer scientific advantages under a communist system than a capitalist system! its always been that way. You want to know WHY? the GNP is spent mainly on the military in the communist systems of today. look at china and N. Korea. Science needs money, otherwise your country will be left behind!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join