It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Impending Internal Crisis in US?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr101Hazardous
I was talking to a friend in the Navy the other day and She told Me She had to make shour that ALL the base personal had there new updated small arms traning. No big thing to Me, We have to shot once a month to stay on SWAT. She said that it was a big thing for ALL of them to have to have retrain.

And She said it was for the hole Navy!

[edit on 9-11-2005 by Mr101Hazardous]

Her unit must be getting ready for an audit or something. I asked my brother if they were doing any extra or off-schedule training and he said no.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freedomrik

3.) The skyrocketing costs of oil threatening the stability of the Worlds Financial Markets;...

Source: www.whatdoesitmean.com...

Anyone have any inside info that may support these statements???

I believe #3 is not working out very well to support a crisis. The price of a gallon of gas in my town has dropped from well over $3.00 a gallon to $1.999 recently. I don't sense any crisis except maybe that oil executives were going to get taxed on excess profits. Although I've heard that warm fall weather allowed a delay in switching over to natural gas production which allowed gas prices to fall. If the price of gas keeps falling, maybe this whole crisis prediction will need to get delayed further. I believe the profits of oil executives will no longer be in the news as much. Or maybe this is really a secret crisis where gas prices will skyrocket sooner or later and low prices only serve to keep us all timid about doing something to start using alternative fuels. Afterall, if the US had a national plan to convert to using alternative fuels such as hydrogen or bio fuels within 11 years, we would need to start doing something now to avoid a crisis but we are just mainly talking about it or doing tiny little things now, not enough in my opinion to avoid an oil pricing crisis within 12 to 15 years.

If we had a president that told us that gasoline would likely be over $5 a gallon or even $10 a gallon or higher in 12 years due to depletion of US reserves and we needed a national plan to start a transition to using alternative fuels, we might be able to avoid a crisis but I'm not seeing it so far. We need alternative fuel vehicles and alternative fuel stations to buy and pump the fuel implemented within say 12 to 15 years to help prevent such a crisis. Instead of a plan, we're all waiting for the market price to skyrocket at some point when oil becomes in short supply.

I don't see an immediate crisis except one of not doing anything to prevent one.

[edit on 22-11-2005 by orionthehunter]

[edit on 22-11-2005 by orionthehunter]

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConserVet

Originally posted by Mr101Hazardous
I was talking to a friend in the Navy the other day and She told Me She had to make shour that ALL the base personal had there new updated small arms traning. No big thing to Me, We have to shot once a month to stay on SWAT. She said that it was a big thing for ALL of them to have to have retrain.

And She said it was for the hole Navy!

Her unit must be getting ready for an audit or something. I asked my brother if they were doing any extra or off-schedule training and he said no.

Hubby works on Navy base here. No small arms training going on here either. Agree with ConserVet, I doubt this is Navy wide.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 05:36 AM
link   
This rock we call Earth is acting rather pissedoff in the recent past regarding all of the natural calamities that have been going on. The massive tsumami that occured, all of the major hurricanes in the U.S. along with the Cylcones in the Pacific. All the worries about the bird flu and an impending wave of diaease's that are going around. The earthquakes in the recent past. The Earth is trying to convey to humanity that the paths we are going down now must be changed:Look what it has already done. The Earth seems to have a way of taking care of it's own business and we must come to the hard truth and realize we are only here for the ride.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
They cause the prices to skyrocket if anyone has seen in the news lately, how the oil companies are enjoying record third quarter profits well into the hunderds of billions. They are getting rich at our expense, they took advantage of katrina to pull of prices and gouge us all, well come to think it was happeining before Katrina. Considering it costs 4 bucks for oil companies to pull crude oil out of the ground, is there any reason it should cost 60 bucks a barrel. Talk about price gouging, and that could very well lead to an economic crisis.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Well I've said it before here... we had a cripplig gas/oil crisis back in the 70's when the Iranian situation occurred. Gas lines, prices tripling overnight, etc. There was all this talk about alternative fuels, some stations were pumping Gasahol... that was 30yrs ago. Plenty of time to do some kick-ass transitioning. But here we are in 2005-going-on-2006 and you know what? Nothing has changed. 30yrs squandered. As long as the people we trust to make the decisions are amassing their fortunes through oil we will forever be truly screwed. Hospitals and physicians are legally prevented from operating or having a vested interest in mortuary/funeral home businesses. Guess why?

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
There was all this talk about alternative fuels, some stations were pumping Gasahol... that was 30yrs ago. Plenty of time to do some kick-ass transitioning. But here we are in 2005-going-on-2006 and you know what? Nothing has changed. 30yrs squandered.

Honda, Toyota, Ford ,and GM all have hybrids that are reliable and selling. Many municipal vehicles are powered by propane. Wind farms are springing up all over the US. While i will agree that we should be further along, we have at least made progress.

Bottom line is the success of alternative fuels is directly tied to the price of a gallon of gas. When it was $1-$1.50, there was no incentive. Now in the days of $2-$3 gas the demand for alt fuels and hybrids is increasing

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Oil crisis in this country?

It's certainly debatable.
There was a PBS program that airedon 11-11-2005, on the NOW program.
My husband missed the first half, but the show discusses:

NOW’s Maria Hinojosa investigates the real reasons behind skyrocketing oil prices and asks if a concerted industry strategy has rigged the system.

www.pbs.org...

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Oil crisis in this country?

It's certainly debatable.
There was a PBS program that airedon 11-11-2005, on the NOW program.
My husband missed the first half, but the show discusses:

NOW’s Maria Hinojosa investigates the real reasons behind skyrocketing oil prices and asks if a concerted industry strategy has rigged the system.

www.pbs.org...

well of course they have rigged the system. and this senate investigation is going to turn up no wrong doing, because too many individuals in the govt have an invested interest.

the comment made earlier about doctors and nurses not being able to invest in mortuaries is quite right. as air traffic controllers, we are not allowed to invest in airline stock, because there is a concern of favoring one air carrier over the other. so why should government officials, who can greatly influence policy regarding fossil fuels, be allowed to own stock in companies? its down right criminal IMHO.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
What everyone seems to forget is that the US may have the most oil in the world on it's own soil.

Soon this oil will be economically viable, and when that happens, the US becomes the worlds greatest oil power, on top of every other dominant thing we have.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I believe an impending crisis, if any, would involve Martial law, in an attempt to weed out terrorist sleeper cells within their borders.

With Martial law enacted, nobody can get in or out of the country.

Information can be locked down, so that no terrorist can recieve any form of a 'go' command.

The citizens of the United States can be persecuted without having to obide by any laws, (international or internal).

With Martial law enacted, it will be much easier then to modify the constitution after the fact, to remove 'excess' rights from the citizens.

Martial law would also permit the Republicans more time to carry out their goals overseas, without the threat of an election stopping them by allowing the Democrats in.

This warning of other countries not to interfere is probably a way to ensure their citizens cannot flee the country, and seek refugee status in other countries... mainly, they are aiming that message at Mexicans and Canadians.

All in all, I give this a 20% chance of occuring successfully.
A 30% chance of them attempting it, and their citizens revolting.
A 50% chance that this is not going to take place at all.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf

Originally posted by ConserVet

Hubby works on Navy base here. No small arms training going on here either. Agree with ConserVet, I doubt this is Navy wide.

Sorry guys
After talking to Her She did say it was for Her unit!
She did go on to say that the Chines may have hacked there computers
and got some crap. They had to have there passes words renewed 3 times that week to.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 04:02 AM
link   
It sounds like she has taken a news headline, and extrapolated what would happen next, and called it a news story. For example, after Katrina, Bush was known to ask about the legality of using the military as a first responder during a disaster.

This "reporter" took that musing, predicted that it indeed did happen, and printed this

Of the greater significance to these exercises however, as these reports state, has been the complete ‘melding’ of American policing authorities into the Military Structure of the US Armed Forces under the command of the United States NORTHCOM Military Division comprised of mostly foreign soldiers, and as we had previously reported on in our August 22nd report titled "United States Positions Tens of Thousands of Foreign Troops Throughout America, Cancels All Military Leaves and Ousts Another Top General"

Pure BS. Not one verifiable source listed.

BE CAREFUL! The second time I accessed the first page of the first link, I got blasted with several viruses. Norton deleted them, but I had to kill processes to get out of a hung machine afterward.

[edit on 28-11-2005 by jsobecky]

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I was listening to Coast to Coast last night and that man who has made accurate prophecies about all the natural disasters, and has had it 100 % accurate, said that between November 27,28,29 and December 2 ther would be something HUGE. As usual he was not willing to talk about any specifics he knows.

Okay, this was posted 11/9. We are now in the week in question. Last major disastor (9/11/2001 - did he predict that?) occurred on the day of my big move from NY to FL. For the record, I am moving again 12/3. If anything big happens at the end of the week, especially on US soil, I have to stop moving.

Anyway, at least if nothing happens we can stop worrying about this particular persons 100% record. I just love crossing another naysayer off my list.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
What everyone seems to forget is that the US may have the most oil in the world on it's own soil.

Soon this oil will be economically viable, and when that happens, the US becomes the worlds greatest oil power, on top of every other dominant thing we have.

I think you might want to take a look at the Russian Federation in this regard. I'm pretty sure they have us beat on this one. Why everyone seems to have missed that is beyond me.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Dont fool yourself kid. Remember, Its commonly taught that the US is simply bigger and better in every way. lol. Anything that could contradict that is pure blasphemy.

Heh, you're right though. The russian federation has a huge oil stockpile, not to mention alot of refineries, and wells. The US has to import most of it's oil. Russia does not need to do that so much.

What scares me, is we are all so dependant on oil right now, that, plus the general populous being weary on just how much oil there is out there... if a major oil facility were to go skyward, well, the economy wouldnt be sitting too pretty. Alot of people will pull out of oil stocks VERY fast, leaving a possibility of a market crash.

Of course, with the US media shroud working the way it is lately, I doubt any Americans would ever know of the loss of a major refinery... and anyone trying to spread the word would be 'un-american', and a usual, dismissed as a looney.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
DELTABOY......Dat=that.......right?..........Den=then......right........holy moly. Give me break. you gotsta learn how to spizell. very irritating.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Possiable Impending Internal Crisis in US....... Is that a lot of us ( I am one )
that can't write or type for crap and that makes what we say look like something Bush gets up and tells the world on TV.

Ok................ We are not as bad as Bush though.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
IS THE CRISIS OVER YET!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
IS THE CRISIS OVER YET!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I think not! I have to drive the Corvette to work tonight and there is snow forecasted!

Ohhh... You don't mean my crisis?

Bottom line on that is that we will simply keep going until we stop.

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join