It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is GOD An Athiest?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
1) The definition of Athiest is to not believe in any higher being or higher power.

2) The first commandment.

3) Either God believes in a higher being or higher power, or God is an athiest.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
An atheist is someone that believes there is no God. It comes from the Greek word 'theos' or God and the prefix 'a' means 'without.'

Literally the word means to be without God.

God surely believes in himself, which is why I'm finding it difficult to see your point.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Good point.
I think He must be, then--

unless He believes in Himself and the ultimate power of a human race united by love, through the LORD, within Him (the Father)--that would be the only possible higher power--and ultimately His accomplishment for all of us.

hmmm....

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
1) The definition of Athiest is to not believe in any higher being or higher power.

I believe the universe itself is of higher power than me, and I believe Schwarzeneger could kick my tail. I must not be an atheist after all.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   

2) The first commandment.

3) Either God believes in a higher being or higher power, or God is an athiest.

That is actually a very interesting question, but even if god exist in the traditional sense(christian/judeo), there is nothing stated definetely that this is the end all and be all of existance, if our universe is only one of many universes out there, then there very well could be an even higher being than the highest being in this universe. and the highest being in this universe could very well accept that it is the lord of of own domain but not of others.

good way to think outside the box , thank you for sharing it

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   
He is a loop....10...and after 0 there is 1 the end of begginings and begginings of ends...

Within creation you need ritual to have anything and if that ritual stems from him or it than he is it God he is that Ritual and religion to everything so no he doesn't really worship anything beside the ritual he creates. Make any sense? When I say ritual you need actions for everything for exsistance so it would not be nothingness.

Whatever I am trying to say :w:

I think God is us and we are God so when we worship him it is as he is worshiping us.

[edit on 8-11-2005 by japike]

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
If God knows of an equal or holds reverence for another that in any aspect is higher, then monothiesm isn't.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   

If God knows of an equal or holds reverence for another that in any aspect is higher, then monothiesm isn't.

Unless the concept of 'unity with God' holds true with our God in regard to His God (hypothetically speaking, of course).

In the end, it's all down to just ONE, anyway.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham

I believe the universe itself is of higher power than me, and I believe Schwarzeneger could kick my tail. I must not be an atheist after all.

Only half of the universe is higher than you, the rest of it is beneath you. As for Schwarzeneger, he's getting up in years and had heart surgery nearing 10 years ago. You may have a chance if you forget about how editors and movie makers made him look.

If you do face off with Governor Schwarzenneger, good luck. Stay low and move fast, his reflexes aren't what they were. Try punching him as hard as you can in an uppercut manner in one of his armpits. It will knock the wind out of him.

[edit on 16-11-2005 by Esoteric Teacher]

top topics

join