It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2004 White phosphorus and MK77 napalm use on Fallujah.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Now that’s just mean. It reminds me of that Nam picture. A mother carrying a little girl that was burned to a crisp by a napalm drop. Now we’re “melting” people.

I can already hear some saying “it’s just commie propaganda, war is war, it’s not pretty, and killing people that endanger our way of life by not wanting our democracy, even meltin’em with them Willy Petes’ or what not, is just our God given American right and that’s what our service men and women are putting their lives on the line for.”

The technical name is white phosphorus. In theory its purpose is to illumine enemy positions in the dark. In practice, it was used as a chemical weapon in the rebel stronghold of Fallujah. And it was used not only against enemy combatants and guerrillas, but again innocent civilians. The Americans are responsible for a massacre using unconventional weapons, the identical charge for which Saddam Hussein stands accused. An investigation by RAI News 24, the all-news Italian satellite television channel, has pulled the veil from one of the most carefully concealed mysteries from the front in the entire US military campaign in Iraq.

A US veteran of the Iraq war told RAI New correspondent Sigfrido Ranucci this: I received the order use caution because we had used white phosphorus on Fallujah. In military slag it is called 'Willy Pete'. Phosphorus burns the human body on contact--it even melts it right down to the bone.

RAI News 24's investigative story, Fallujah, The Concealed Massacre, will be broadcast tomorrow on RAI-3 and will contain not only eye-witness accounts by US military personnel but those from Fallujah residents. A rain of fire descended on the city. People who were exposed to those multicolored substance began to burn. We found people with bizarre wounds-their bodies burned but their clothes intact, relates Mohamad Tareq al-Deraji, a biologist and Fallujah resident.”

full ->www.informationclearinghouse.info...

[edit on 7-11-2005 by iskander]

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 03:43 AM
link   
It is a matter of dispute if the white phosphorus used in a destructive way is to be considerated banned by the O.N.U. treaty on chemical weapons and by the Geneva treaty of 1980.

Although it IS banned in europe.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
From what I've read and heard there is absolutely no proof of this besides what one anti-Iraq war tv show claims. Not a single shred of evidence to go on. And if I were the U.S military I'd take the Italian channel RAI to court.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Sorry this thread is already being covered over in WOT, wwhttp...://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread181970/pg1

thanks for posting and please add your thoughts to the above link,

thread closed,

new topics

top topics

join