It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

atlantis being in the taiwan islands

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
everywhere on earth there was a beginning on each continent. In every one of these beginning civilizations there are temples put up to the gods that showed them to become the "great civilization" that they were at the time( egyptians, mayans, ect.). In all the temples there are figures that are drawn on the walls, in form of math, both basic and advanced. Who taught them these figures? Even though they were built thousands of years apart there are similar figures that are given to each of these people to help them get started. Everyone is given something great , and somehow we mess it up, and there is a downfall of it all. Just like in Plato's Atlantis. I know that it probably is out there somewhere, and i do hope we find it.

taiwan islands is not where it would be. I do beleive that is somewhere in the atlantic or mediteranian area. but i would like to know where this supposed atlantis is, and hope to see more posted on this subject.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I dont quite see your argument for Taiwan...

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 04:25 AM
link   
What seems to be under water temples and cities do lie off the southern Japanese and Taiwanese coasts, and there was land connecting Tawaian to China during the Ice Age, so I don't doubt there is a lost civilization under water somewhere around there. However, that doesn't constitute it as "Atlantis" since it is not where Plato specified. Also, I think the Indian and south Asian people have an oral (or written) legend that they fought another advanced civilization long ago in a global battle. Perhaps Atlantis wasn't the only advanced (for their time) civilization. Perhaps they're were many that were unkown or untold to Plato.

Edit: spelling

[edit on 2/12/2005 by FallenOne]

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Not likely, plato said its beyond the Pilars of Hercules and that points towards the americas.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
If anywhere Atlantis should be located at one of the poles, Atlantis should have either sank or freeze over at one of the poles during the ice age. A similiar occurance is happening in venice italy the city is sinking atleast a half inch every year i believe. Correct me if i'm wrong, so since that is happening the possibility of Atlantis sinking to the bottom of the ocean is a possibility. But it could not have happened around Taiwan, if that was so then The taiwan islands to would be sinking.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by FallenOne
What seems to be under water temples and cities do lie off the southern Japanese and Taiwanese coasts, and there was land connecting Tawaian to China during the Ice Age, so I don't doubt there is a lost civilization under water somewhere around there. However, that doesn't constitute it as "Atlantis" since it is not where Plato specified..

Edit: spelling

[edit on 2/12/2005 by FallenOne]

Maybe Plato got it wrong on his location of atlantis.

top topics

join