It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Australia Foils Terror Plot, Makes 15 Arrests

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Sorry for the double post but I think those seeking a clearer understanding of the difference between jihad and holy war should go to this thread and see the discussion being held here, perfect example of misleading info .... www.abovetopsecret.com...

here is a quote from souljah (God bless him) I am posting that explains a little better than I did ...

Originally posted by Souljah
Well, for our Dearest Member skippytjc, everything Today is JIHAD.

I hope you known the Meaning of the word Jihad, my Dear Skippy, because it has a Whole Different Meaning then you and the rest of the Islamo-Haters are spreading today. Every Muslim does his own personal "Jihad" everyday. Jihad is a Struggle, mostly a struggle within yourself, a struggle to make yourself better everyday.

[edit on 8/11/05 by Souljah]

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I still dont get it, you see these Muslim clerics calling Jihad all day long, yet this prior quote thinks thats its Islamohaters spreading this word?

Jihad=holy war , case closed

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher
I still dont get it, you see these Muslim clerics calling Jihad all day long, yet this prior quote thinks thats its Islamohaters spreading this word?

Jihad=holy war , case closed

Number, if U are referring to souljah mentioning "islamohaters spreading the word" I think he meant the false definition by which it is being used by those not knowing the true meaning of it. ie: the media, and those uneducated to the meaning of it.

Look into it for yourself, do a little research and I am sure U will come to understand that Jihad simply does not mean holy war. It just isn't the definition of it in it's entireity (sp)
It CAN be but in order to undestand why Mohammed Extremist Suicide Bomber is shouting it out U must understand what he is SAYING and I mean truly undestand the context of his intent in saying it.

As soon as U hear Jihad U think "Oh my God! he is going to start the holy war!" right ? wrong. Besides no single Muslim (and certainly not these people who have been arrested here in Aus, believe me) can initiate a Holy War and certainly not no angry little extremist who just wants to blow stuff or people up. It simply will not happen even with all these events taking place right now.

The ONLY way I can see a Holy War ever even being declared is if Medina/Mecca is ever targeted and that is just unrealistic at this stage, if ever (in my lifetime at least ... I certainly hope I am not alive if that should ever happen
).

Just my thoughts, u are certainly entitled to yours. But please do research your "facts" before U try school people.

[edit on 8-11-2005 by ImJaded]

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
ok ok i get it.

Jihad can be personal or small scale or large scale struggle but it specifically desciribes the individuals role.

Holy war is the whole club of beleivers coming to a disco near you.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher
ok ok i get it.

Jihad can be personal or small scale or large scale struggle but it specifically desciribes the individuals role.

Holy war is the whole club of beleivers coming to a disco near you.

There U go!
this is what it's about, I must admit I am glad U didn't disregard my information again. That's all I would like to see more people doing, just opening up to try understand more of each other's culture and what it entails. I do my best to hence my understanding of this subject.

I am just as glad those fools are off the streets as U, I am just skeptical of the new "laws" introduced and the implementation of them and this particular incident. And that's what this site is for, learning from each other

Oh and lol @Holy war is the whole club of beleivers coming to a disco near you.
U even made me giggle with that one

[edit on 8-11-2005 by ImJaded]

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Thanks Imjaded, good to see someone appreciate my humour lol.

As for the laws i personally think they are doing the right thing changing them, 21st century crime needs 21st century laws.

Immigration is next this is latest news peice i read.

news.ninemsn.com.au...

Immigration next on anti-terror hit-list
Wednesday Nov 9 11:11 AEST
Laws could be changed to give immigration officials more power to crack down on people wanting to enter Australia if they are inclined towards terrorism or anti-social behaviour, Prime Minister John Howard says.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Well I guess this should be no surprise, I heard they are even introducing that test of knowledge like the USA do for people to take before they are allowed entry into the country, it was inevitable.

Interesting article, good looking out

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Oh man. I just saw the footage of the convoy on Chan 10 news. It was crazy, and she said there were other police helicopters shadowing the convoy too, along with several police cars, SUVs, motorbikes.
Must be pretty serious.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 05:12 AM
link   
see

this message

for truth about the WHY NOW question...

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
Oh man. I just saw the footage of the convoy on Chan 10 news. It was crazy, and she said there were other police helicopters shadowing the convoy too, along with several police cars, SUVs, motorbikes.
Must be pretty serious.

Yes, I agree entirely, it is crazy.

But no, they can't be serious. It's a song and dance extravaganza, that's what it is.

It's a nice touch so everyone can get a good dose of propaganda, you know, just in case you missed it yesterday.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Allegedly Sydney's Lucas Heights nuclear reactor was (or still is?) a terrorist target...

ABC News Online: Nuclear reactor may have been terrorist target

November 14, 2005

Sydney's Lucas Heights nuclear reactor has been revealed as allegedly a possible target for a group of men arrested on terrorism offences.

A police fact sheet has been released this morning.

A group of nine men was arrested in Melbourne during counter-terrorism related raids last week.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Allegedly Sydney's Lucas Heights nuclear reactor was (or still is?) a terrorist target...

ABC News Online: Nuclear reactor may have been terrorist target

November 14, 2005

Sydney's Lucas Heights nuclear reactor has been revealed as allegedly a possible target for a group of men arrested on terrorism offences.

A police fact sheet has been released this morning.

A group of nine men was arrested in Melbourne during counter-terrorism related raids last week.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Well if thats the case the Terrorists should be charged with 3 million counts of attempted murder seen as thats how many lives in Sydney they would of endangered.

Oh yes and Australia should reintroduce the death penalty and change the laws to strip criminal Duel nationals of there Australian citizenship and deport them so they can go fight wars in there homelands.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I have no doubt that Australia is full of "terrorists"and no doubt our government let them in (pre trained?) knowingly. They needed an excuse to treat us all to the heavy hand of the NWO.

Before the first Gulf war my Eastern European mother finally got naturalized after nearly 40 years as a permanant resident because of the Eastern European grapevine warnings of future deportations.

A Swedish friend who came here because of her love for horses (they're very expensive to keep in Sweden) and married as true blue an Aussie as you could find, could not get permanant residency.

The genuine refugees from muslim nations who have had enough of the evils of corrupted Islamic practices languish in detention centers for years yet Imams are allowed in and spend years on welfare.

It's taken decades of concerted governmental effort to turn this "fair go" nation of immigrent from all over the world into a little paranoid state.

We are not safe from "the terrorists" or our government that employed them.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
yet another example of people not being able to co exist with the Islamafascists.... looks like Australia will have to learn their lesson the hard way.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
What I am concerned about is what type of sentence these men will get.

Do we give then life sentences, have them released in twenty years with their hearts more filled with hate for this country?

Do we give them life and throw away the key? If found guilty it seems they were going to kill as many as possible. Convicting them of Pre-Crime so to speak.

They have developed and nourished hatred for Australia and Australians, by there own actions that hatred has become a self fullfilling prophecy when the monster they so reviled has caught them out and now will hold them to justice.

I just hope they don't get let off or let out in fifteen years or so.

The youths that were outside of the court beating on the channel seven crew should be deported.

They obviously respect and follow these elders enough to turn up to court and support them.

Get rid of these threats before we have a 9\11.

I was glad the police acted before hand and did not wait for them to strike.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join