It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like you guys just lost Indias support.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
So basically your premise is that if you have nice buildings and cars in some of your cities, you're entitled to posess nuclear weapons?? Did I just accidentally enter Bizarro World????

How anyone can justify allowing an Islamofascist, radical, death to Israel and America-chanting dictatorship to have nukes just boggles my mind. Especially a society who is willing to blow themselves up just to take out a few of the enemy. Do you realize that a very, very large majority of Iranians are under 25, and that the Mullahs' grip on power is loosening everyday? Do you want such unstable and obviously evil clerics to be able to push the button when their backs are eventually against the wall?

Iran is a proud supporter and exporter of terrorism, and his been so since the fall of the Shah. They've already shown their willingness to ship guns, explosives, rockets, grenades, mortars, etc., etc. by the boatload to terrorists. Are you really prepared to trust them with WMD?

God help us all if the leaders of the free world ever share your mentality.

NR

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I think all that talk is cheap, i simply replyed that we arent a third world country and all of a sudden you say just because we have nice buildings or cars that gives us rights for nuclear technology? I think every country has the right and you need to lighten up because have we pulled out of the NPT yet? NO... did we kick the U.N or IAEA out yet? NO do you have any proof that we support terrorism? NO i just posted the pic to show that Iran is a beautiful country and anybody can visit it no matter where your from so let stop going back to the same old nuclear talks....

[edit on 7-11-2005 by NR]

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
By all measures Iran certainly is certainly a third world country. There are a lot of countries with much better demographics than Iran that are still considered third world. A few pictures don't mean anything you have to look at the statistics: CIA World Factbook / Iran.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by NR
so what do you guys thinka bout Iranian girls? you can get alot of them

What? Are they cheaper by the dozen or something?

Hows that related to India not even having veto power as suggested in the thread opener.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   

By all measures Iran certainly is certainly a third world country.

Well, it all depends on your defenition of "third world", doesn't it? Iran ranks 99 out of 171 on the UN's HDI Index, not exactly Sweden, but not the CAR either. Iran is a country with a lot of potential (and enough oil to make them rich) but saddled by a autocratic (and not very competent) para-democracy run by religious medievalists. They aren't among the wealthiest third, nor among the poorest third of the countries on the planet. So it might be more accurate to call them a "second world" country.

[edit on 11/7/05 by xmotex]

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
Iran is a country with a lot of potential (and enough oil to make them rich) but saddled by a autocratic (and not very competent) para-democracy run by religious medievalists.

The oil is not worth nearly as much money as people think.

Exporting less than two million barrels a day times 365 days a year times $50 a barrel makes 36 billion dollars.

And that ignores development costs.

While its true every dollar helps its a drop in the bucket compared to western economies.

So much importance is placed on it because without oil America, and other industrialized nations would collapse.

[edit on 7-11-2005 by ArchAngel]

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Let's leave the Belittling-of-your-country out of it people, c'mon now, back on topic ....

Originally posted by ArchAngel
The oil is not worth nearly as much money as people think.

Who said anything about wanting the money ? What's wrong with just the oil ? Not a damn thing, ask Bush and his mates!

Just look at the figure under the good ole USofA and everyone else, let's not try sugarcoat why they want the oil k ? k

"US OIL DEMAND, 2004: Over 20 million barrels per day, up from January 2002, when demand was about 18.5 million barrels per day, = 777 million gallons. If lined up in 1-gallon cans, they would encircle the earth at the equator almost 6 times (about 147,000 miles of cans) — every day. Here's another image: EVERY DAY, the US consumes enough oil to cover a football field with a column of oil 2500 feet tall. That's 121 million cubic feet."

link www.gravmag.com...

Top World Oil Consumers, 2004*

Country
Total Oil Consumption
(million barrels per day)

1)
United States

2)
China

3)
Japan

4)
Germany

5)
Russia

6)
India

7)
Canada

8)
Brazil

9)
South Korea

10)
France

Compare to -

Top World Oil Producers, 2004*
(OPEC members in italics)

Country
Total Oil Production**
(million barrels per day)

1)
Saudi Arabia

2)
Russia

3)
United States

4)
Iran

5)
Mexico

6)
China

7)
Norway

8)
Canada

9)
Venezuela

10)
United Arab Emirates

[edit on 7-11-2005 by ImJaded]

[edit on 7-11-2005 by ImJaded]

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Who said anything about wanting the money ?

The person I replied to.......

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
If there was a public vote for war i would say Yes so that i dont have to see NR's posts anymore. Oh nevermind i found the ignore button.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by drex4ever
If there was a public vote for war i would say Yes so that i dont have to see NR's posts anymore. Oh nevermind i found the ignore button.

The funny part is that he is in the States

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Anyone notice NR is a war monger??

Keeps posting pictures of soviet error outdated battlefield trash, its really quite funny.

I mean a can of fly spray would wipe them let alone any type of war.

lol Iranians got to love there fiestyness , to bad there an endangered species.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher

I mean a can of fly spray would wipe them let alone any type of war.

lol Iranians got to love there fiestyness , to bad there an endangered species.

They are an endangered species? Fly spray would wipe them? Please expand on these rather racist and immature ideas you have... I'm sure most of us would love to hear your educated views on this matter.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by NR
Do you have any proof that we support terrorism? NO

Just one link..can't be bothered to find more.

i just posted the pic to show that Iran is a beautiful country and anybody can visit it no matter where your from so let stop going back to the same old nuclear talks....

"we'll be finishing our 4th nuclear power plant and the 20th will come sometime around years to come."

you brought it up buddy..

[edit on 7-11-2005 by NR]

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher
Anyone notice NR is a war monger??

if thats a fact then skippy and the rest who post about attacking Iran is a great thing and nuking millions of people just to get a buze out of it
are (well off the chart)

would u like me to direct you to some of these topics
easy to find just click this and read through the topics

war monger is someone that keeps on mongering for war
not someone who keeps on the defencive about their country and so on

[edit on 8-11-2005 by bodrul]

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Who, exactly is this NR guy??? Listen, it's all fine and good to feel good about your country and to have a desire to spread your patriotism around ATS. It's also fun to discuss the fact that your country has FINALLY left the 19th century behind and has invested in some technology - military or otherwise. But come on, this is getting utterly ridiculous - this constant baiting and trolling. I mean who are you trying to kid here??? Not only is Iran NOT a superpower, they are about 100 years away from even being an also ran! So I guess my question is what is with all of the "My country can beat up your country now" nonsense? What is the purpose of these types of threads?
It continues Ad Nauseum

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I find it amusing that US nationalists are up in arms about NR's nationalism.

"My country can beat up your country" is childish stuff indeed, no matter who is saying it...

Why is it acceptable to publicly call for the nuking of 70 million people and then objectionable when one of them says "we'll fight back" ?

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   

so what do you guys thinka bout Iranian girls? you can get alot of them and i know thomas is drooling by now j/k LOL

They ain't too bad, after all, they are women. Too bad i can't get them, cause: (1) They are in Iran, and I am way over here...

(2) I date only BLACK WOMEN. But they are cool dude no doubt..

Is that you in the picture with them, with your back facing the camera?

And to the dude who thinks all 3rd world countries are despots, you are way out of your league. That's very insensitive, Do you think the people are more stable, than those other places? Who let off the first bombs on Hiroshoma?

We may have democracy in the West, but that doesn't stop a Democratic madman from lighting the whole place a FIRE!

NR

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
i just showed pictures from all around Iran, but theres also alot of iranian girls even in Cali. As you can see the same members just started running off their mouths again and i already prooved my point to them and if they dont like it they gonna have to deal with it.

[edit on 8-11-2005 by NR]

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
They are not Bad, not bad at all, actually they are really good looking, anyway, Dude , i don't there's gonna be any war, between you and me, so never fear, this is not going to be any walk in the park, iran, isn't Iraq..... I think the Govt, under this admin, has lost their heads, for far too long... A war in Iran will send up things sky high, Hey BTW lol, may I should order a long position on Brent Crude options, and Gold? What you thinki? And may some Swiss annuities? The swiss annuities work good last year

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
NR
You are soooooo annoying because you are a loud mouth who doesn't know when to shut up. When you got an American soldiers boot down your throat maybe you will. good job by your stupid leaders. they will start ww3 and they will fufill bible prophecy. every topic you post is about Iran this and Iran that. when you are wiped off the map i guess you will finally shut up!

Iran makes me puke.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join