It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like you guys just lost Indias support.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I don't mean to throw the conversation off track, but nuclear energy is not all the dangerous. I'd rather have a nuclear power plant in my county than an oil refinery.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Yes i now to you this is stupid but in my head nuclear power is the wrost thing to happen to humans in the history of mankind

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I agree with TC, nuclear power isn't all that bad...there's only been one major accident (Chernobyl) which was basically caused by a design flaw in the old Soviet plant.

Even the advent of nuclear weapons hasn't necessarily been bad, it seems to have deterred the major powers from going to war against each other directly for decades now. This could change as crazy regimes such as Iran end up getting a hold of them however.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Know your history; there will be no world war?

Really?

Help a brother out; explain this, please.

it's a voice from the future....he knows there will be no more world wars, since he learned it in his history class????

really, what is in our history that would in any way convince us that there will be no world war around the corner. from what I know of history, well, it seems that there are just a tad more similar circumstance between the prelude to ww2 and now. I'd say that knowing history would kind of make a person more convinced that we are heading in that general direction.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE
Exactly the evidence is waying up against Iran and its nuclear programme Iran need to wake up and relize there screwing the world

That's funny, Iran is ?

spare me, I think we all know who began screwing up our world, and they are on a quest to be in control of the world's peak oil supply

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
well that could be china or usa and in your case its probaly usa because people just usaly blame everyting on them

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I agree with TC, nuclear power isn't all that bad...there's only been one major accident (Chernobyl) which was basically caused by a design flaw in the old Soviet plant.

Even the advent of nuclear weapons hasn't necessarily been bad, it seems to have deterred the major powers from going to war against each other directly for decades now. This could change as crazy regimes such as Iran end up getting a hold of them however.

Two if you count Three Mile Island.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I can't believe it took so many posts before someone finally made light of the fact that India doesn't have Veto Power on the UN Security Council. Being in the current rotation of member states on the council only gives them the ability to vote for, against or abstain from voting.

Veto power is soley in the hands of the United States, Russia, China, Great Britain and sadly- France. And even if India chooses to abstain or vote against this resolution, it doesn't necessarily make it dead in the water. All that is needed is a majority if my memory serves me correct. Am I right on that?

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I think he's talking about a vote in the IAEA to refer the matter to the Security Council, and I don't really know how the voting works there or if anyone has a veto.

Of course as a permanent member of the Security Council, the U.S. can introduce a resolution on its own without having to go through the IAEA.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Veto power is soley in the hands of the United States, Russia, China, Great Britain and sadly- France. And even if India chooses to abstain or vote against this resolution, it doesn't necessarily make it dead in the water.

Your second sentence answers your first.
Russia and China already opposed refering Iran to the Security Council, meaning it was dead in the water even before India made it's decision.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
No problem.

Iran will start to build it's nuclear power plant, and Isreal will bomb it. Repeat untill Iran gives up.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Why? there such tension when a third world country has or is in development of plans for nuclear weapons? Is it that third world leaders are more evil or corrupt than us in the West? Maybe if all countries worldover had nuclear weapons there will be an end to Wars, as no one will attack another country for fear of a nuke retaliation. Nuclear arms are just what it is: A Deterrent. let's be objective in this whole thing. Who is us in the west to question: Who should have nuclear weapons or not? It's their right to defend their borders by whatever means they can, so can we.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Political power in the hands of religion has always, always led to tyranny. Political power in the hands of religion will always lead to tyranny.

This is a lesson that needs to be learned by not only the nation of Iran, but also the United States. Iran is already a theocracy, the US is heading that way.

When religion is in power, human suffering is ALWAYS the result.

Iran is asking for a serious beat down and the neocons who believe they are on gods good side are just itching to give it to them.

These are scary days my friends, scary days.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
WhupyMan, you and I have to get a talk show. That way I can publicly beat you down!
Until then, I will refrain.

Crusader, if you even have to ask whether or not the United States, Britain, Russia, Irael, et al, are more stable than states like Iran and North Korea, there is no logic any other human can inject that would make sense to you.

Nuclear weapons in the hands of the Soviet Union and the U.S. insured no major conventional wars like what we saw beforehand. The same special weapons in the hands of unstable despots can mean a world of mess.

NR

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Does Iran look like a third world country to you? more pictures can be found here..... www.irandefence.net...

[edit on 7-11-2005 by NR]

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Do those pictures look like they fit to you?

Resize them, NR! Seems like itis an Iranian past time, to bend and break rules!

Seriously; resize them to fit without distorting the page.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Here's the 3rd world aspect, regardless of buildings and cars:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

NR

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Here's the 3rd world aspect, regardless of buildings and cars:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I dont get what you mean, what does a news source have to do with Iran being a 3rd world? if you check out NYC poverty and its ghetto streets i think its way worst than Iraq itself.

cjf

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I am not sure where India has ever stated its’ previous vote was placed in support of the US or EU3.

Russia and China both abstained from the first. Both permanent members have openly stated Iran must comply by the NPT; with the caveat their contributions are in compliance with the NPT.

The previous member nation vote was 1-against, 11-abstain, 22-pro, out of 34 member nations, the veto ability by the permanent members (India is not one) will come into effect after the IAEA recommendation to the UNSC (if that comes to fruition).

NR

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
so what do you guys thinka bout Iranian girls? you can get alot of them and i know thomas is drooling by now j/k LOL

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join