It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-qaeda threatens Christmas attack in Italy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   

A new message threatening Italy with attacks involving surface-to-air missiles or poisonous substances has appeared on Islamic internet forums linked to the al-Qaeda terror network.

The title of the message talks of "good news which, God willing, will arrive soon from the land of the Romans". This comes "from your brother Sayf al-Adel to all those who have said that Sheikh Osama bin Laden died in the Pakistan earthquake, was arrested or fell ill," the statement says.

The militant then states that "these reports are only the fruit of a media war. Sheikh Osama bin Laden is well and in a safe place, and we will soon see him during the Christmas holidays in the land of the Romans, after the next attack in Europe, which will primarily regard Italy."

www.adnki.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
That’s what you get for coddling them and helping them spread their propaganda. The Italians just can’t seem to choose the right side can they?

[edit on 7-11-2005 by Dronetek]

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
We've heard all this before....about New York, Washington, LA, Chicago, Rome, Paris, Madrid, London, etc. etc.

They've got a serious case of crying wolf...

Of course, when the next attack comes, it won't be pre announced as to the time and place....that would ruin the surprise!

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   

The Italians just can’t seem to choose the right side can they?

Italy participated in both the war in Afghnanistan and the war in Iraq, if you happen to have missed the memo. Berlusconi was Bush's biggest supporter on the European mainland until we shot one of their secret service agents...

Coddling?

[edit on 11/7/05 by xmotex]

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Since when do arabists refer to italy as the land of the romans, or concern themselves with christian holidays like christmas?

Seems like not only baloney, but baloney from someone pretending to be an arab.

Reminds me of the 'Ramadam Nuke Terror' scares that occur every ramadan and haven't manifested. Heck, I recall for a few years al-qaida was supposed to attack on halloween too, but that never happeded.

as far as coddling, the Italian Government did give the kidnappers in iraq a million dollars for two hostages, and thats the only reported instance. Who knows how much of that money was used to support this alleged operation, or how much it permited 'them' to use for it.

[edit on 7-11-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
It's hardly crying wolf if attacks already have in fact taken place in London, Madrid, New York, Washington and Paris.

I'm not saying this message is reliable, but i believe there is a dangerous complacency "we're invincible" mentality creeping back into America.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
blah blah, blah blah blah, blah ...

I think it has become quite clear they don't "announce" the real thing.
We all know this is just a way to keep it all in the headlines and everybody on 'alert" and fearing for their safety.

I don't buy it and Nygdan is on point

new topics

top topics

join